• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** South Africa Tour of CW !!! **

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
And btw, Liam... this is crazy... how much more are Blacks going to be disadvantaged?? :( :p
In what way was Black disadvantaged? By having a chance to win the 5D title against the worst 5D team this season? By having a player serve an injury stint of 4 games?

Admittedly it was a mistake for Wilson to have played that game, but Black knew days before that Wilson was not going to be available for the final. It's not as though I caused Wilson to be unavailable the day before the game.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
also judging by the sucess of Timewell and Hoy (and cunningham) this year i think its quite possible for the quicks to do well at such a fantastic ground.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
So we're playing one spinner on a big turner?

You absolutely sure about that one?
It's a huge call for a team like the CW XI to change the combination that played so well in the last Test. We're not Australia. Tom Halsey is unfortunate, but I can't see any bowler who should be dropped and we certainly won't play 5 bowlers.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In what way was Black disadvantaged? By having a chance to win the 5D title against the worst 5D team this season? By having a player serve an injury stint of 4 games?

Admittedly it was a mistake for Wilson to have played that game, but Black knew days before that Wilson was not going to be available for the final. It's not as though I caused Wilson to be unavailable the day before the game.
I was pointing out their collective bad luck. :p

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Btw 3rd Test - CWXI vs South Africa Live Sim on tonight anytime after 11/12 am NZST.. South Africa are 1 up .. This is going to be another big , thrilling game no doubt.. Come Support the team and your local team mates..

All this great action is brought to you by the CWBCC on the local CWBCC Live Telecast Network .. ( cwbcc1@hotmail.com )

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ouch. 2nd innings batting really hurt us. Even with Hak and Cloete hitting 60 each, the score couldn't surpass 200. :(

Well, Marc played an important 59 in the 1st innings, Neil with a HUGE 4/59, then Hak continued his good form with a 60 and Cloete smashed a quickfire 60, and Marc snared 2/4, yet it wasn't meant to be.

Notable - Pollock 13-9-9-3

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Four-wicket loss, I think that's fairly competitive. It's not good enough, of course, but we took them into the fifth day and our bowlers continued to do well enough. There is promise. Now we need application...

Oh, and my Test average is still above 50. Most pleased. :D