• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** South Africa Tour of CW !!! **

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that you're a given, Simon. Timewell, Hoy, Bhatia will probably spearhead the bowling?

Hakon!!! :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
I think that you're a given, Simon. Timewell, Hoy, Bhatia will probably spearhead the bowling?
I think it's more likely that the people with test experience will be used than Hoy and Bhatia at least. Seems strange to drop the entire bowling lineup from a test side from one series to the next.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow this is exciting. I hope I am retained in the test sqaud and hopefully can make the first XI. I'd relish the opportunity to bowl at a dangerous yet inconsistent batting line-up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's safe to say that Kyle is our spearhead atm, so he's almost a sure pick. I'd also suggest that the bowling attack will remain fairly unchanged as we look to allow particular players to establish themselves. This is not to say that the pressure won't be on from the second Test though. I already have a good idea of what I figure the XI will be, but shan't reveal it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think it's safe to say that Kyle is our spearhead atm, so he's almost a sure pick. I'd also suggest that the bowling attack will remain fairly unchanged as we look to allow particular players to establish themselves. This is not to say that the pressure won't be on from the second Test though. I already have a good idea of what I figure the XI will be, but shan't reveal it.
That is nice to hear. However I will not be taking my selection as a 'given'. I just hope I can continue with the impressive form I have had this season. I have had worse seasons and done well in the test matches, if I can continue that in the South African series I hope to improve my sub-standard test record.

masterblaster

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Just hope I can make the playing XI for a change and not always be the constant drinks man. I know the guys love the drinks I give them, but I've taken 80 wickets at 20 this year too, my skills can be utilised in a better way.

:p :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
Just hope I can make the playing XI for a change and not always be the constant drinks man. I know the guys love the drinks I give them, but I've taken 80 wickets at 20 this year too, my skills can be utilised in a better way.

Bla Bla Bla

How subtle Sangrah ;)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
it'd be nice to think that i'm still a chance to slip into the 11 somehow... after and ok start to my OD career and some solid seasons in the 4 day form i don't write myself off the chance of getting to show my stuff despite being on the sideline for a couple of weeks with an injury

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I think i carry the drinks more than you brah!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
masterblaster said:

You do make a damn good Ribena.

One day the call will come - one day...