• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Cloete Anounces Retirement

Cloete

International Captain
After being one of the original members of the CWXI during its inception I have played every season. I have been fortunate enough to play both alot of tests and one day itnernationals. However with many players coming into the CWXI system I feel it is time for me to step aside in this form. Particularly with the quality of players we have in the one day form.

The upcoming VB series will be my last ODI series.

I hope that this will have no impact upon the decisions made concerning me in the test side of things.

So without further ado, I officially announce my retirement from One Day International cricket for the CWXI effective after the VB Series.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yeh but did you have to post it three times??

dont go cloete, no matter what simon and co may say :dry:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:

oh thanks, blame it on me, i never told him to retire from one day cricket, hes made his decision, let him live with it...

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:

Sorry my net screwed up.

The decision was solely my own. I only just scrape into the ODI team and it's the tests that I really enjoy playing in. This way some of the newer guys have more of a chance.

I'll have one last series (The upcoming VB Series) then call it quits. Hopefully I go out with a bang, I've only ever had one ODI century.

I'll still be available for tests, hopefully I can stay in the team for as long as possible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The CWBCC is saddened by this move, as is all of CWLand.

An official statement at a later date.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On one hand I'm sad to see a player go from the national One Day side, however on the other, it does give me a few more chances to bowl at my bunny in domestic cricket... :p

Simon

Mister Wright said:
On one hand I'm sad to see a player go from the national One Day side, however on the other, it does give me a few more chances to bowl at my bunny in domestic cricket... :p
Ian Harvey is joining the dev league :-O

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Ian Harvey is joining the dev league :-O
Don't tease Simon...That's what dreams are made of.

I was more referring to myself having the wood on Cloete in the nets during the test tours.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
I'll have one last series (The upcoming VB Series) then call it quits.
Just a small point, but don't the selectors decide if you'll play the VB series?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad to see you go Cloete, You have been a big part of our OD side for a while now and you will be missed, this opportunity gives a younger guy a chance to step in...