• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Nikhil Hearing* Details Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sorry i've never heard any trial in the world where the defendant has chosen the trial date. The board will set it an you'll abide by it, after all you can always be sentenced 'in abscentia'

steds

Hall of Fame Member
so the prosecution can p*ss about as much as they want but the defence has absolutely no say in the date??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
steds said:
so the prosecution can p*ss about as much as they want but the defence has absolutely no say in the date??
Given that we're bringing the case, then that's pretty much how it works.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil's right. The accused in the hearing doesn't have the rights to postpone the trial. The prosecution is bringing the case against Nikhil, thus if the prosecution is unavailable, the hearing cannot go on. The defence, however, does not really have that luxury. A date will be decided soon.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
we were avaliable for the vast majority of november but waited for marc....
Well I'm really sorry that I had to work - I mean it's such a major crime isn't it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So that's why you blamed me then is it 8-)

As it stands, Liam and Reuben were also busy, but apart from that the rest of the prosecution seem to be just about ready to go whenever.

I have 2 more nights away beginning of next week (and the prosecution has too many damning truths to get it all wrapped up by then) but after that then we're ready to go - hopefully justice will be served by Xmas (especially seeing as we're not looking to establish any question of guilt)

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:
No, Slats has the right terminology there.
Just as an FYI...this isn't technically a trial, as no judge has been set or appointed, and in this case a jury is both deliberating on guilt and determining a sentence. This action against Nikhil is more accurately described as a hearing convened by tribunal. If Nikhil was to appeal, then a trial would be a more appropriate setting. Just to clarify :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FYI the guilt has already been determined so I agree it isn't a trial, merely a sentencing - we all know the only fair result for the crimes, but for some reason we have to go through the farce of this to get it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yep marc bring up a date so we can set on now that its decided that the prosecution will set the date provided the board is free aswell..

Mr Mxyzptlk

RigorMortis said:
Just as an FYI...this isn't technically a trial, as no judge has been set or appointed, and in this case a jury is both deliberating on guilt and determining a sentence. This action against Nikhil is more accurately described as a hearing convened by tribunal. If Nikhil was to appeal, then a trial would be a more appropriate setting. Just to clarify :)
Well it's all settled then. Thanks. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
you don't have a family that's all drunk and asleep by 3pm?
Ok then... do I really want to wander down this road of getting to know Steds' family? Survey says no. I'll just change the topic.

Nice weather ey?

Status
Not open for further replies.