• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe in CWLand

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha Jamee, I hope you`re selecting... :p

nah the great thing is - if im selected for CWXI thats awesome because I get to play for my country but if I dont, I get to help the blues!! its a win-win for me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
I have made myself unavailable for the one day series. I stand firmly behind Neil's and Sam's stand and am backing them all the way. While I appreciate this is only a 'sim' I consider it to be 'realistic'. I can't see how some of these players will take a stand against Nikhil and say it is fun because it makes the 'sim' more realistic than they say "If this was real life I would not play, but it is only a sim." I find that disapointing.

While I have possibly given up a chance to return to the one day side and possibly the vice captaincy, I could not live with myself if I agreed to play, and I hope that other players will respect my decision.
Restecp.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:

That, supposed to be Respect?

I just find it funny that people are willing to try and keep a player out of playing and blame it on 'realism' but when it comes to their own playing spots they decide to take a few backsteps and say that it is only a sim.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I sense an Ali G ****take, either that or a rare spelling mistake from the ginge.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
That, supposed to be Respect?

I just find it funny that people are willing to try and keep a player out of playing and blame it on 'realism' but when it comes to their own playing spots they decide to take a few backsteps and say that it is only a sim.
Aye, couldn't agree more.

You can't have one without t'other.

masterblaster

International Captain
cbuts said:
well im one that has always said it was a sim
Myself as well, I personally think past issues were blown out of proportion as well.

I just prefer to keep things in perspective. But I do fully respect the decision made by Neil, Kyle, Hakon and co.

masterblaster

International Captain
Agreed on that front too mate, I tend to keep it 'realistic' in terms of cricket, statistics, quality matches, sportsman spirit, team spirit, community feel etc.

I get bothered by scandals and red hot political issues, and I really feel that these hotbed issues take away a lot of the fun from CW Cricket.

But then again, that's just me. Since there are plenty of other things in life to be serious about, I really like to just have fun and have a good time with the CW XI/Development League.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
I sense an Ali G ****take, either that or a rare spelling mistake from the ginge.
like i just got one fing to be saying to day, and it spells R-E-S-P-E-C-C-A-H...or somefing like dat...

lol hes a funny guy, and dont you just love Borat?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI ODI Squad

Blewy (C)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Cloete
Marc71178
Ian Markus
Rich_2001
C Buts
Bugssy
David Jr.
Lo' Darkness
Dave
Chris Broadbent
Rob Timewell
A Massive Zebra

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
very happy at being given another go by the selectors in the top level. just to hang around this calibre of players will be fun.

It'll be great to mix with the reds boys and meet the others a bit more whilst away. I think we need to perform really well here, we're expected to trounce the zimbabweans on home soil and I don't want to let the fans down.