• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Cricket

Andre

International Regular
Right.

Does anyone agree with me that this whole thing is turning into a complete and utter farce?

With the consistent and ever-present arguements going on between players, the Nikhil issue, the issues over captaincy and the board, the simulation has lost all its enjoyment and merit as far as I am concerned.

It's a sim. It's fun.

Everywhere I turn, someone is claiming something, and the other defends themself without budging and even a thought for others - just so they aren't wrong. It's stupid.

It's absolutely nothing personal against the board (although I'm sure people will question it) or the players, but it is very difficult when the board is not elected for people to fairly get their point of view across. I know I'm going to be told to take things up with the players rep here, but we really need to implement some sort of system so outsiders can join the board, offer fresh ideas and give everyone a more balanced and enjoyable time with this simulation.

The rebel tour was great - we had visions, not to cause trouble, but in all honesty, a massive publicity stunt for the CWXI popularity to grow and do better things. Benefits were had and seen by all - and the system went from strength to strength. I look now, one half of me thrilled that it has grown so much as the other half looks with sadness and distress at just how serious and potentially damaging this can be.

Can we please get back to enjoying it, and discuss some ways to help this improve? It will benefit us all in the long run.

If you think I'm an idiot or thinking on my own, thats fine - but for the people who are interested in reading this, thanks for your time.

masterblaster

International Captain
Agreed 100%. Well said mate. I for one enjoy every visit I make to this CW XI and Development League Forum. It's exciting, it's fantastic and it's a great escape from my everyday troubles in life.

At the end of the day it's just for a little bit of fun, and a few people here are really taking it far too seriously. I mean sure, have loyalty towards your team and your players, but at the end of the day we're here to enjoy the whole CW XI experience, because its a very unique one.

I must say, the board has done an admirable and commendable job ever since the birth of CW XI Cricket. Liam has spent hours upon hours every day away from his ever busy schedule just to give us members some extra bit of fun and excitement in our lives.

I commend Liam and the CWBCC and everyone who makes this enjoyable, and I most definitely agree that we need to enjoy the whole experience and have fun with it. There are plenty of things in life to get serious about, this is not one of them.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah, Arnt we here to play cricket?

I was beginning to think we were at a political conference and a game of cricket broke out in the middle of it.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I agree in certain aspects to that.

But IMO the arguments, Nikhil issue etc add another element to the game...more realistic. I reckon I was a lot more bored before this part of the CWXI came in...

Feel free to dispute...

Andre

International Regular
Mr. P said:
I agree in certain aspects to that.

But IMO the arguments, Nikhil issue etc add another element to the game...more realistic. I reckon I was a lot more bored before this part of the CWXI came in...

Feel free to dispute...
As far as I can see, the idea of this is to escape from reality for a little while, not bring the foibles in of it.

Last edited:

Slats4ever

yeah i see where ur coming from andre. I particularly like the idea of a board being established with people elected and stuff like that.

It'd make it a much more "open" situation. At the moment everytime someone has a mild comment they're made to feel like Satin. They're told how much work Liam does and everything and we should just shut up and be grateful. Sure we understand he does a lot of work and we're all grateful... but one shouldn't be thrown up against a wall simply for making a suggestion.

this is where the elected board would be a very goood idea i feel... it'd really make it a lot fairer and we could all talk what's on our minds

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Slats4ever said:
yeah i see where ur coming from andre. I particularly like the idea of a board being established with people elected and stuff like that.

It'd make it a much more "open" situation. At the moment everytime someone has a mild comment they're made to feel like Satin. They're told how much work Liam does and everything and we should just shut up and be grateful. Sure we understand he does a lot of work and we're all grateful... but one shouldn't be thrown up against a wall simply for making a suggestion.

this is where the elected board would be a very goood idea i feel... it'd really make it a lot fairer and we could all talk what's on our minds

Loony BoB

International Captain
Aye. Make love, listen to the music!

And play a bit of cricket too.

I agree that the board should be elected - I thought it already was. Or do you mean a different board? And if there is an elected board, would that make the decisions the new board would make any more or less acceptable? Would people still argue if the decision still didn't go their way? I didn't realise there was much of a problem until very recently.

For the vast majority of my time here at CW XI & Dev League, I've loved it - it's the first thing I do every morning, check the results of the games. Getting a 50 or Majin getting a five-fer means usually means I text message Majin telling him, and so on. Getting into the Chairmans XI was the greatest. I felt so majorly proud. I never expected it at all, to the point that I thought I'd been dropped from the CW Green lineup because I didn't even glance at the other thread thinking I'd not have a snowball's chance in hell. :D There's a lot of great stuff here. I think the only major problem isn't the disputes themselves but how they're handled. People go around all the main threads badmouthing other people and so on when they could discuss it maturely outside the forums or at the very least in a seperate thread - I don't see why everyone should be brought down by the difficulties that exist between two or three people.

As for this elected board, how would it work? How many people? Let's take a step back from all the problems and look at the situation - As far as I've seen, only one person has voiced aggressively against the board and suddenly everyone is falilng over themselves saying we've got the biggest problem in the world. I do agree that marc shouldn't be made to look like the devil purely for suggesting conspiracy, mind you - however, having said that, it seems just as strong-worded as things Mr. Ponting has been dropped for by marc himself and that's the bit that leaves me scratching my head. If you aren't in the starting XI, should you not just take it on the chin and work harder rather than before? That's cricket - you can't always expect that everyone else isn't in with just as much a chance as you are.

Can't we just all... get along? Group hug! :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have no problem with Marc voicing an opinion of conspiracy, but I'd like to see some basis for the accusation. I'd be more than willing to go to trial for that issue if that's what the people one, because I have done nothing of that which has been stated in accusation.

If it is the general consensus that the CWBCC be re-elected, then that can be arranged I suppose. The difficulties would arise in simming duties etc. though.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I have, and i know most people have absolute confidence in the board. i really dont see the point of this thread. the board would have more votes for them than nikhil does against him. they do a absolutly superb job running things, simming etc.

as for players voicing their opinions, what more could you want, both of the cochairmans are online heaps and always welcome others points of views, they also have email for those who dont have MSN.

what good would having outsiders n the board do?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, I reckon there's no easy solution (apart from the whole thing being closed, which I am sure nobody here wants), but I'd just like to say that as players' representative on the selection's board: if any players feel I'm not doing a good enough job voicing their concern, just say so and there may be a new election held. That position is probably the most democratic in the CW system - and yet nobody has challenged it yet.

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I have no problem with Marc voicing an opinion of conspiracy, but I'd like to see some basis for the accusation. I'd be more than willing to go to trial for that issue if that's what the people one, because I have done nothing of that which has been stated in accusation.

If it is the general consensus that the CWBCC be re-elected, then that can be arranged I suppose. The difficulties would arise in simming duties etc. though.
Here is the thing though.... While Marc may or may not be in the wrong, you've point blank refused to take any of the heat for it. It's reasons like this that we need something differant - not because you are doing a bad job (because that certainly isn't the case) but it makes the board look completely unapproachable and difficult to work with.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon all the Nikhil argument and other things make it more enjoyable for me. I like the idea that it can be like a real life simmulation. If it was just to play it would not have the same 'aura' for me.

Slats4ever

age_master said:
I have, and i know most people have absolute confidence in the board. i really dont see the point of this thread. the board would have more votes for them than nikhil does against him. they do a absolutly superb job running things, simming etc.

as for players voicing their opinions, what more could you want, both of the cochairmans are online heaps and always welcome others points of views, they also have email for those who dont have MSN.

what good would having outsiders n the board do?

You often talk about issues to the board and they "point blank refuse" you or override you though. All I'm asking for is a bit more leniance and a bit've negotiation instead of being made feel like a criminal.

Like a vote in Nikhil's case might be worthwhile. For issues concerning the whole team and stuff like that "the whole team" should be emailed or spoken to. Not just one decision maker making all the decisions.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Andre said:
Here is the thing though.... While Marc may or may not be in the wrong, you've point blank refused to take any of the heat for it. It's reasons like this that we need something differant - not because you are doing a bad job (because that certainly isn't the case) but it makes the board look completely unapproachable and difficult to work with.
By defending myself against harsh accusations of conspiracy and ulterior motives I'm doing something wrong? Am I supposed to sit down and say it was my fault when it isn't? Besides, I've made it abundantly clear that if people think I'm doing a poor job and believe Marc's accusations, I'll willingly go to trial and ultimately step down if they are proven to be true.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slats4ever said:
You often talk about issues to the board and they "point blank refuse" you or override you though. All I'm asking for is a bit more leniance and a bit've negotiation instead of being made feel like a criminal.

Like a vote in Nikhil's case might be worthwhile. For issues concerning the whole team and stuff like that "the whole team" should be emailed or spoken to. Not just one decision maker making all the decisions.
One decision-maker is not making all the decisions. The only thing that Reuben and I decide upon without consulting others in the system is the match schedules. Indeed, even the Dev League format is discussed during the offseason with experienced players having a say.

Mr. P

In reply to a few posts here...

Mr Wright: Exactly what I mean:)

Loony Bob: I agree that if you are not selected for performance reasons you should take it on the chin, but that wasn't the case with me, so instead of holding back, I spoke my mind. It was my opinion, I viewed it, I paid the price. But I stand by what I said.

But thats all behind us now...

Mr. P

Another thing ive been thinking of...

Can we make it a rule that when you retire you cannot come out of retirement? I just reckon its more realistic that way, and brings in new people...

masterblaster

International Captain
That's a good idea Mr P. Im sure Liam would look into it. Not many real cricketers come out of retirement, and yeah this would add realism to the game and it definitely helps the young players coming in.