• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn Captains

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Please pop in here and let us know if you will be continuing the job in Season 2 or whether a new captain will have to be found.

Also this may be the place where captain related info may be found

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
There will be 2 rounds of a draft to pick up experienced real life players that are available.

Though 2 players are drafted, as mentioned, only one can be in the team at any time.

The first round of the draft will be based on traditional reverse league order. Giving last years celler dwellers the fist pick and last seasons Kings of the Castle the last pick.

Round 2 will be different. The order will be based on which teams return the most CW players during the Season 2 sign-up. The team with the least CW players returning will pick last and so on and so forth

Its an effort to get us all working on reactivating this sim and rewarding those managers that show initiative.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There will be 2 rounds of a draft to pick up experienced real life players that are available.

Though 2 players are drafted, as mentioned, only one can be in the team at any time.

The first round of the draft will be based on traditional reverse league order. Giving last years celler dwellers the fist pick and last seasons Kings of the Castle the last pick.

Round 2 will be different. The order will be based on which teams return the most CW players during the Season 2 sign-up. The team with the least CW players returning will pick last and so on and so forth

Its an effort to get us all working on reactivating this sim and rewarding those managers that show initiative.
Not sure if I agree with the order of the season 2 sign-ups. Whilst i agree that managers should be in a way rewarded for showing initiative, I'm not sure if that's the best way of doing it. In reality, whether or not their teams players from season 1 are interested is out of their control, so it seems a bit harsh to punish the team for it. Also, it wouldn't exactly help the clubs in question as you are potentially going to reduce the interest at those clubs if they are to suffer due to reasons out of their control.

I'm sure you've thought of all that anyway. I just thought I'd put out there :) and see what others think.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there were more than 2 Dynamo players signed up I'd be inclined to agree. However at this stage it would only be fair to split up Dynamo imo as they generally were the least active team last season (at one stage Mitchell/Blewy were having to do their orders iirc) and have the least number of players signed in.

EDIT: ITSTL, seems I'm wrong, they've had 4 sign up...Stallions it is then imo....

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Break them both up I say. As Clapo said, even the normal players at Dynamo didn't bother sending in teamsheets, so that's quite ridiculous.

At the moment, we have 26 players signed up, which is an average of 6 players over 4 teams, which is quite reasonable.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
If needed i will put ma hand up for captaining as well, since Tharmi hasn't shown his interests here. If Tharmi does put his hand up, then i am willing to play under him.