Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Season 2

Haha, iirc i joined that once.... and gave up after a week (CW Football > Xpert Eleven)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Haha, iirc i joined that once.... and gave up after a week (CW Football > Xpert Eleven)
    Your teams still going in the 2nd division, and have a healthy 0-23 for and against for this season.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

haha awesome...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    We would get smashed in the A-League (see Cup results for confirmation). IMO if anything, making another 2/3 teams just out of foreign players of similar standard to give us an 8 team comp would be the best bet.
    We'd likely have 5 men to a team though, the whole point is that most of the first team lineup is made up of Webheads.

Besides, we'd have to figure out two names worse than Island Swell.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    We'd likely have 5 men to a team though, the whole point is that most of the first team lineup is made up of Webheads.

Besides, we'd have to figure out two names worse than Island Swell.
    I was taking into consideration that at least 1 team from the current comp would already be dropped and their players spread amongst the other CW teams so ensure more CW players per CW team (we don't want CW players on the bench until it's absolutely necessary imo).

I was taking into consideration that at least 1 team from the current comp would already be dropped and their players spread amongst the other CW teams so ensure more CW players per CW team (we don't want CW players on the bench until it's absolutely necessary imo).
    agree about the bench, however i feel we need more than 6 teams in the comp as its just playing eacg other every 3 weeks. i guess a big decision needs to be made.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Wouldn't it be possible to just put ourselves into the A-Leauge (or any other league, just picking the one that was mentioned), and then adjust our stats so that we would be competitive? Not so much so that we dominate, but enough that we're, say, a mid-table side? Like Buggs said, even we're going to be cutting sides, it won't be worth it, because we'll just be playing the same team within 3 weeks.
    “And God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I don't think we will have enough players to make it worthwile to have a comp of 6 or 8 teams. The best option IMO is to join the NZ National League which has 8 teams. The standard would be about the same as the best NZ players are overseas or in the A-League. That would mean a 12 team comp and about 22 games, which prefect number.

Also I would strongly advise that you scale all the players stats to either out of 20 or 25. I'm sure most people who have used the sim will tell you that having it out of 100 makes the difference between player ridcoulous at times, which we saw last season.

I'm not a fan of maquee players at all. I think you find that these players will dominate the league and make the games very boring. It will be better to just have more semi professionals of a similar standard or slight better to fill the sides up. With the sim the closer the quality of players are the better the matches are. Also with the current low number of CW players, I'm sure most captains would rather have depth then a superstars especially with the large number of injuries and suspensions we had last season.

Reserve league is a good idea and I like draft idea to make the allocated of players at the start of season more fair. Have no problem with transfer system, if we have the option of signing players to contracts. I know in Football it makes no difference as players can move from club to club. But it would make it easier building a side if we knew we have players that are likely to be that the club the following season. Also if this is implemented players that finish there contracts should be able to move with any players going to other way, Bosman ruling to an extent. A formal contract system would be nice.

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 19-11-2007 at 06:32 AM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

To address a few things mentioned above.

- The move to another league has been mentioned by a couple of people. Personally, I would prefer it as we are with 6 teams in CWLand. However, that is dependant on numbers and everything is up for discussion.

- I used the term 'marquee' players loosely (sp?). The players that are available at the top of the draft are not star players but guys that can help and add balance to a team. They are better than the generics but not better than many CW players. In no way will they dominate.

- The skill points system is being looked into. Ive read a number of different things that talk about improving the realism and stability of the sim. Will continue with tests and after talking to people will make a decision.

- Things like contracts etc are all possibilities that could be implemented at a later date if the sim gets back up and running and grows.

Always interesting to hear feedback
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Hopefully we can keep our extras from last season. Samir Louadj was a gun.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Transfers
    No player is contracted to a club and it would be unfair to force them to stay at a club if they do not want to. However, in order to keep an element of parity in the league, to sign a player from another club a team must release a player of equal or greater statistical value. The team that lost a player would then have first option to sign that player.

More to come...
    But doesn't that defeat the aspect of quality man management? It may keep things even, but it takes away from the realism of the thing.

Granted there may be players who wish to leave a club and would therefore put that club at a loss, but that's the way things go sometimes. And all that said, I'm not sure about the specifics of the sim (what sim is it?) so this isn't the most hard-edged of comments. Just a suggestionesque comment.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Hopefully we can keep our extras from last season. Samir Louadj was a gun.
    Holds the clubs kebab eating record, does Sam.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Never to be beaten, imo.

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    I'm going to agree with everyone else i reckon we should put our teams into either the A-League or the NZ League.

Also on the transfers front every player should have a contract for there club and each team should have a transfer budget to spend on other players, these a just ideas that im putting out there so meh you know give a sense of realism.
    Last edited by pinchy81; 21-11-2007 at 04:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    But doesn't that defeat the aspect of quality man management? It may keep things even, but it takes away from the realism of the thing.

Granted there may be players who wish to leave a club and would therefore put that club at a loss, but that's the way things go sometimes. And all that said, I'm not sure about the specifics of the sim (what sim is it?) so this isn't the most hard-edged of comments. Just a suggestionesque comment.
    Agree with this.

In regards to leagues etc. If we have enough players to keep 6 CW Land teams, then there is no need to combine leagues imo. However, if we have to cut 1/2 teams, then I'd be all for us replacing a few teams in the NZ League, or perhaps having 2/3 teams solely made up of foreign players (sort of like the Masters XI in CW Cricket, except not with uber players) so we aren't playing the same teams so regularly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information