• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideas for Season 2

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Season 2 is a fairly long way from starting as the numbers have to be established to make it worthwhile. Sign in Here

However, here are a few of the ideas to hopefully be implimented in Season 2.

Reserve League.
Players (young and below average foreign players) often do not get selected. This means they missout on the points they could get from the game and the gap between them and the first choice players widens.

The Reserve League would not require managerial input and would be teams playing 4-4-2 in a vanilla tactic with the aim of giving the players outside the first XI a runout and experience (that increases skills).

Draft
Each team will be able to draft 2 experienced pros. This is to allow a team to gameplan and balance a squad. However, only 1 of the 2 'marquee' players may be in the gameday squad at any time. The reason for 2 is that only one can play but a team isnt disadvantaged by having such a player injured as they can use the other one.

The draft will then continue with less experienced and less proficient players to fill squads.

Progession Players, dependant on age, will recieve stats increase or decrease. Generally, the younger the player the bigger the increase.

Adjustment To be discussed, but there may be a change in the stats (though keeping all players at the same relative level) as there seems to be ways to improve the stability and realism of the sim.

Transfers
No player is contracted to a club and it would be unfair to force them to stay at a club if they do not want to. However, in order to keep an element of parity in the league, to sign a player from another club a team must release a player of equal or greater statistical value. The team that lost a player would then have first option to sign that player.

More to come...

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks good so far :)

And I agree with Smith. Goff, Hoy, Fitzsimmons, Pooja & Dravid won't be back for East Coast...

Mister Wright

I signed in to keep the numbers up, but I don't want to be captain for the 2nd season.

Personally I think everyone should join Xpert Eleven. :ph34r:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I honestly think there will be a problem with numbers though. We may have to either increase dramatically the amount of 'foreign' players we have or do it like bugssy's FM game and have CW teams in a foreign competition, like the A League or EPL.

Johnners

I honestly think there will be a problem with numbers though. We may have to either increase dramatically the amount of 'foreign' players we have or do it like bugssy's FM game and have CW teams in a foreign competition, like the A League or EPL.
We would get smashed in the A-League (see Cup results for confirmation). IMO if anything, making another 2/3 teams just out of foreign players of similar standard to give us an 8 team comp would be the best bet.

Mister Wright

We would get smashed in the A-League (see Cup results for confirmation). IMO if anything, making another 2/3 teams just out of foreign players of similar standard to give us an 8 team comp would be the best bet.
Joining (and continuing with :p) Xpert Eleven would be better.

Johnners

Haha, iirc i joined that once.... and gave up after a week :p (CW Football > Xpert Eleven)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We'd likely have 5 men to a team though, the whole point is that most of the first team lineup is made up of Webheads.

Besides, we'd have to figure out two names worse than Island Swell.

Johnners

We'd likely have 5 men to a team though, the whole point is that most of the first team lineup is made up of Webheads.

Besides, we'd have to figure out two names worse than Island Swell.
I was taking into consideration that at least 1 team from the current comp would already be dropped and their players spread amongst the other CW teams so ensure more CW players per CW team (we don't want CW players on the bench until it's absolutely necessary imo).