• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Board Structure

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With CW Football being given a second chance, it's pretty clear that more interaction is needed at higher levels to form decisions that affect the league as a whole, national team selections etc.

The best idea at the moment seems to be a board comprising of the captains of all the CW teams as well as myself. The theory being that the captains are going to be among the most active people within the sim and therefore are deserving of some say in how they'd like to see it run. The added aspect of this is that all the teams are represented on the board so there's a way for every player to put ideas forward to the board through their respective captain.

- Committee therefore would look like: Me as the Chairman, 6 Captains and the PA Rep.

- Possible sub-committee for Internation Selection: Me as the Chairman, Sriram (as he'll be helping with the simming, i feel he deserves some input somewhere), the PA Rep and the International Captain.

Opinions/Criticisms/New ideas are all welcome on this matter.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if we are doing this again then lets do it right.

The structure looks good.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
My thoughts cut & copied from the other thread

Im more then happy to help out the guys that do deside to take over. I think one of the big problems that Blewy faced as Goughy mentioned in the other thread was the lack of help from the other board members at times.

Also i think there can be a role for 3 people, as there is more to do in running the sim then just simming matches. There is the whole organisation of the game, which also why you probably need a bigger board including captains (or others) to help out. The simming the matches is probably the easiest aspect of running the game, but requires the most reliability. The other little things are what make it hard to run, especially by yourself.

The only slight concern could be having too many cooks, if you have 3 simmers, 6 captains and a PA Rep.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I may speak to Burkey about him possibly standing down as PA rep. Spoke to him on MSN earlier and he pretty much said he was on a CW hiatus for awhile, he did post in the Dev League sign in thread earlier but i don't think he's going to be all that active for awhile.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would probably swap the PA Rep and co-simming roles around. With the PA Rep mainly dealing with International Selection and any player re-lated issues. Basically have Sriram act as Vice-Chairmen, as he would have day-to-day impact on the game, as simmer.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I am willing to still help out in anything if there is any major issues going around.

As Smith pointed out earlier, it should have been like this from the start but never too late, anyway this should get us moving again.

pasag

RTDAS
Looking great

Just some thoughts. Do we need a PA rep yet? Maybe in a few months if this is prospering we can talk about it. But for now, they don't do anything and we should be focusing on core activities.

Also, I think there should be a distinction of power between the chairman/ head of the board and head simmer. I would personally like to see Goughy as head/ President etc and Mitchell in charge of the day to day running. However, that's just me and I think CW football will do really well like that. However if Mitchell is going to work hard on this, he does deserve it and is entitled to it, so I can see both sides and it is his call.

I'd also like to see some system where the board makes decisions together, say a vote on every important issue, or consulting with each other so they all have input. Perhaps we can setup a hidden forum that only they can access and view and discuss things there. MSN probably won't work because of timezones.

Anyways, things are looking pretty good and I think this can really take off again.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
For board discussions i think you'll find most things are done over emails. Its old school but it works.

Cloete

International Captain
Just one thing, should probably scale all attributes back to values out of 20 as opposed to values out of 100. In EFM we used values out of 20 and it worked fine. The problem was that the sim didn't scale it at all. So players with a shooting skill difference of say 20 (i.e one player 40 and one 20) is the same as 0-20 on the scale out of 20 (i.e one player 20 and one 0)

ok this is just my view but imo 2 people is enough to sim matches etc.

I would not mind talking over a communication/organisation role that gets messages to members and also organising captains etc what is everyone's opinions?

I could be then used as a back up simmer or a International/Representative simmer or something if one person wanted a break?

Edit : The idea to keep International Matches active etc so that they are a decent part of our schedule.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
^ The idea have having simming responsibilities and communications and research seperate is a good 1.

An automatic back up for each position and someone that you can deal with over a particular issue.