• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canned!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys unfortunatley i have decided to can this...

A couple of factors have led me to this decision..

1/ Being that the interest levels have never been that high, apart from a handful of people who really got into it, It never really took off as i'd have hoped...

and

2/ Im finding that im having less and less time to commit to it with Family and work commitments, as well as my decreasing activity on the forums....

Sorry to everyone who really got involved and enjoyed it, and to those who also chipped in here and there to help with things whilst it was running...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Thanks for the work you have done. :)

Is there any chance you could get anyone to take over? (I mean, we've had four thousand posts in a couple of months - it's not too bad as far as activity goes...)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im happy to hand it over to someone if someone is willing...

The activity was discussed among a few people a couple of weeks back and all agreed that the activity levels were really based around a certain few people..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really hoping someone puts a hand up for this. Would be a shame to see it go. Stay the course, guys!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad to see you give this up Blewy, hoping somebody will put their hand up because I've really enjoyed this so far.

Johnners

:( Dissappointed. Especially seeing as the activity really has livened up in the last 2/3 weeks. I would be willing to put my hand up to help in a small way. Eg. Updating stat sheets or something small like that, but thats about as much as my time would allow me to do. If we all put in a little bit i'm sure we could keep it running.

Matteh

I'd be willing to help out a lot, but don't think i'd want to run the whole thing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, I saw this coming.

The academy thread was so active because captain's chased the **** out of their players to post there. I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who can run this, especially effectively. The sim's pretty niggly to use and hard to get used to, so you really need someone who knows how to use it (i.e. Bennett or Cloete) but I doubt any of them can devote their time to it.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh damn, such a sad thing. Lots of activity there tbh. Hopefully something will eventually pop up.

David

International 12th Man
Not too surprised tbh, was always going to be tough for Blewy with the baby etc. Cheers for running the sim though, I appreciate the time and effort that goes into it.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
mmmm :( Hopefully we can keep this going, it was a really good concept and should stay the premier Soccer sim on these forums.