• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canned!!

pasag

RTDAS
A new structure needs to be setup here imo. I'm thinking a board including all the captains and Mitchell and some clear definitions of who is in charge, perhaps an election of some sort.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A new structure needs to be setup here imo. I'm thinking a board including all the captains and Mitchell and some clear definitions of who is in charge, perhaps an election of some sort.
I couldnt agree more. I believe that was the idea last time but that CWFA members stopped making an input.

For example my involvement grew as International captain. There was supposed to be a number of people selecting the National side but it ended up being just myself and Blewy as others didnt respond.

If there is a board, there has to be a commitment.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the board, Gelman's idea combines well with Goughy's desire for commitment from its members. In theory if you select all the captains as board members, these are the guys who are going to have to be active in the sim as they're submitting teams twice a week and so commitment shouldn't be a problem for them. Also has the benefit that they represent all the teams between them and give an equal voice.

Think i'll create a new thread for the sorting out of the structure tbh.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im more then happy to help out the guys that do deside to take over. I think one of the big problems that Blewy faced as Goughy mentioned was the lack of help from the other board members at times.

Also i think there can be a role for 3 people, as there is more to do in running the sim then just simming matches. There is the whole organisation of the game, which also why you probably need a bigger board including captains (or others) to help out. The simming the matches is probably the easiest aspect of running the game, but requires the most reliability. The other little things are what make it hard to run, especially by yourself.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Gelman actually stated several times that he believes Rodgie is incompetent. Therefore that insinuates he is unable to competently complete the task of simming in an efficient manner that will please the player base.

On that topic, I agree with Gelman. :p

Also, Smith : What does Rodgie have to do with World Cricket? You talking about the "outside of the bubble" concept, or something entirely different?
I'd just like to add that in his role as Content Updater Rodgie is more than competent and AFAIK is doing more complex things than simming a game. Cut him some slack would you. Would you leave your job just because you don't like the boss?