Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Canned!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Would be good to have someone who has had experienced simming, with Mitchell, rather then two guys who have never used the sim. Its very hard to set up and get used.
    I agree, definitely good to get someone with experience on board to help with the sim. Trouble with 3 people wanting to sim and 2 games a week is that it's needlessly over complicating things, not sure if the role of backup-simmer is going to be right for someone who obviously has a fair bit of desire to help out as it'll be pretty limited i'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance View Post
    Well if your like that I hope you are getting ready to quit as Black Captain as I might me helping with CW XI Cricket a bit more
    Not in any organisational capacity you won't.

There's elections for that sort of role.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    I'd be alright, with Rodgie doing stuff, I mean come on, give everyone a fair go. Look at Gundry, when he started, his posts were made from absolute crap. Personally, I think he was worse then Rodgie. If he can improve, I think Rodgie should be given the chance as well.
    Member of CW RED

Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions

Currently Managing: NSW

Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

Banned
    Im going to let everyone sort it out themselves of whatever they think is the best course of action. While they are doing that I will have a look at the sim etc and see what is required.

If anyone needs help or advice let me know. Im familiar and experienced with the sim and have spent a fair bit of time discussing with Blewy the direction and plans for the league.

Also as National and Swell captain, Id like an input.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

A new structure needs to be setup here imo. I'm thinking a board including all the captains and Mitchell and some clear definitions of who is in charge, perhaps an election of some sort.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    A new structure needs to be setup here imo. I'm thinking a board including all the captains and Mitchell and some clear definitions of who is in charge, perhaps an election of some sort.
    I couldnt agree more. I believe that was the idea last time but that CWFA members stopped making an input.

For example my involvement grew as International captain. There was supposed to be a number of people selecting the National side but it ended up being just myself and Blewy as others didnt respond.

If there is a board, there has to be a commitment.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    With the board, Gelman's idea combines well with Goughy's desire for commitment from its members. In theory if you select all the captains as board members, these are the guys who are going to have to be active in the sim as they're submitting teams twice a week and so commitment shouldn't be a problem for them. Also has the benefit that they represent all the teams between them and give an equal voice.

Think i'll create a new thread for the sorting out of the structure tbh.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Im more then happy to help out the guys that do deside to take over. I think one of the big problems that Blewy faced as Goughy mentioned was the lack of help from the other board members at times.

Also i think there can be a role for 3 people, as there is more to do in running the sim then just simming matches. There is the whole organisation of the game, which also why you probably need a bigger board including captains (or others) to help out. The simming the matches is probably the easiest aspect of running the game, but requires the most reliability. The other little things are what make it hard to run, especially by yourself.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis_Teh View Post
    Gelman actually stated several times that he believes Rodgie is incompetent. Therefore that insinuates he is unable to competently complete the task of simming in an efficient manner that will please the player base.

On that topic, I agree with Gelman.

Also, Smith : What does Rodgie have to do with World Cricket? You talking about the "outside of the bubble" concept, or something entirely different?
    I'd just like to add that in his role as Content Updater Rodgie is more than competent and AFAIK is doing more complex things than simming a game. Cut him some slack would you. Would you leave your job just because you don't like the boss?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Actually, yeah I probably would, depending on what type of job it was.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Hmm well good for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information