• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canned!!

pasag

RTDAS
Well seeming as there is no reason for the objection we can't really see this as a valid point the only reason you really object to me is because you dislike me tbh.
I don't dislike you at all. However you have no respect from anyone here. Also there is no evidence you know how to run the sim or anything for that matter and judging by your inability to make sense when posting half the time (abit generous there), I highly doubt you'll be able to run and organise this and even you could master the specifics of it, the fact that most people here despise you, means you wouldn't get very far and you would run this thing into the ground almost immediately.

I think most people here would rather this thing die peacefully as opposed to you attempting to run it. Mitchell on the other hand, I’d be quite happy with him taking over. Something about him being competent and all.

I don't dislike you at all. However you have no respect from anyone here. Also there is no evidence you know how to run the sim or anything for that matter and judging by your inability to make sense when posting half the time (abit generous there), I highly doubt you'll be able to run and organise this and even you could master the specifics of it, the fact that most people here despise you, means you wouldn't get very far and you would run this thing into the ground almost immediately.

I think most people here would rather this thing die peacefully as opposed to you attempting to run it. Mitchell on the other hand, I’d be quite happy with him taking over. Something about him being competent and all.
Huh?

Mitchell Yes will be a Simmer but Im sure I could learn to sim like many people have done in the past, about me not being able to run the sim has me dumbfounded as Mitchell doesn't know either?

Also I think a lot of people would rather keep this sim going than let it die Mitchell has stated he can't run it all by himself so thats why we are sharing the workload if someone else would like to help as well we can share the workload even more.

Get it?

pasag

RTDAS
Like talking to a brick wall here. If CW Football continues, you will not have anything to do with it (in a role of responsibility).

Get it?

Like talking to a brick wall here. If CW Football continues, you will not have anything to do with it (in a role of responsibility).

Get it?
Oh you think you have the power of control I in my opinion I have done nothing to deserve your verbal barrage of accusations and assumptions. Someone who is not involved with CW Football(In any formal way) trying to tell me when it continues I will have no power of responsibility is like Me telling John Howard he can't be Prime Minister any more?

pasag

RTDAS
Oh you think you have the power of control I in my opinion I have done nothing to deserve your verbal barrage of accusations and assumptions. Someone who is not involved with CW Football(In any formal way) trying to tell me when it continues I will have no power of responsibility is like Me telling John Howard he can't be Prime Minister any more?
Haha,

You asked for objections and you got them. They're not a "verbal barrage of accusations and assumption", they're facts.

You're incompetent and have no respect from anyone on CW. That is all. I don't blame you for that, I don't hold it against you and it doesn't annoy me because you're only 14. But you will not be let anywhere near this sim. End of story.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll repost this for the newest page so it doesn't get lost or whatever.

I'm willing to take this over, but i'll need a backup simmer to do one set of results a week so that it doesn't in anyway interfere with my Uni work.

Reckon it would be best to finish this season off at least, and then see if we want to continue from there.

Views on whether or not people think i'm right for the task or people wanting to help sim a set of results, just post away.

If people are fine with it, then i'll need to speak to you Brendan. Pretty certain you've got my MSN, just say something if you haven't.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I refuse to have any part in this continuing if Rodgie has anything, and I mean anything, to do with running it. Sorry, but like Gelman says, not many have respect for him, and I'm certainly one of those people.

I refuse to have any part in this continuing if Rodgie has anything, and I mean anything, to do with running it. Sorry, but like Gelman says, not many have respect for him, and I'm certainly one of those people.
Well if your like that I hope you are getting ready to quit as Black Captain as I might me helping with CW XI Cricket a bit more :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Also, you think Liam and Hakon will let you anywhere near running CWXI? You're dreaming if you think that. Updating the website isn't simming, that's for sure, and World Cricket has no relevence to me in CWXI.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im happy for Mitchell to take over i think he'll do a good job if his committed. Not sure is Justin is the right person to act as co-simmer though. Nothing personally Justin, just not sure if your the right man for the job.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll repost this for the newest page so it doesn't get lost or whatever.

I'm willing to take this over, but i'll need a backup simmer to do one set of results a week so that it doesn't in anyway interfere with my Uni work.

Reckon it would be best to finish this season off at least, and then see if we want to continue from there.

Views on whether or not people think i'm right for the task or people wanting to help sim a set of results, just post away.

If people are fine with it, then i'll need to speak to you Brendan. Pretty certain you've got my MSN, just say something if you haven't.
Jumpin on MSN now mate...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Personally think it's pretty pathetic that people would rather let the league die than let someone they personally don't like near it. I've worked for people I don't like before, you just deal with it professionally and get on with doing your job.

As far as I know all he'll be doing is simming things. What do you people against Rodgie simming things have as a reason for this other than "He's not really liked by a lot of people" - that doesn't equal "He's unable to run a simulator and post the results", does it? Is there some valid reason you have that I don't know about?

To me, it doesn't matter who is posting the results, be it Rodgie or Burke or Blewy or Howler or Jaso or Mitchell or Gelman or anyone. The username posting them isn't what I care about, it's that they get posted at all is what I care about.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Personally think it's pretty pathetic that people would rather let the league die than let someone they personally don't like near it. I've worked for people I don't like before, you just deal with it professionally and get on with doing your job.

As far as I know all he'll be doing is simming things. What do you people against Rodgie simming things have as a reason for this other than "He's not really liked by a lot of people" - that doesn't equal "He's unable to run a simulator and post the results", does it? Is there some valid reason you have that I don't know about?

To me, it doesn't matter who is posting the results, be it Rodgie or Burke or Blewy or Howler or Jaso or Mitchell or Gelman or anyone. The username posting them isn't what I care about, it's that they get posted at all is what I care about.
Gelman actually stated several times that he believes Rodgie is incompetent. Therefore that insinuates he is unable to competently complete the task of simming in an efficient manner that will please the player base.

On that topic, I agree with Gelman. :p

Also, Smith : What does Rodgie have to do with World Cricket? You talking about the "outside of the bubble" concept, or something entirely different?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Is there any evidence to this inability to run a sim? I mean, I know some people believe his posts aren't great, but I'm talking about using a piece of software and uploading some files... it's not rocket science and I'm pretty sure anyone who can manage to register at a forum can run a sim if they're told how.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He can hardly spell or put together logical thought processes, so there's plenty of reason not to believe he could run this efficiently.

And anyway, I didn't say I'd let this die. I stated I'd hand captaincy over (to Mitchell, probably) and leave the league if he had anything to do with it. How's that letting it die?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Was referring to Gelman saying "I think most people here would rather this thing die peacefully as opposed to you attempting to run it."

Also, I don't even think "run" is an appropriate word. From my understanding, Mitchell would run the place and Rodgie would merely assist with simming when Mitchell is unable to. It's not like he'll be making the rules, and as far as I understand a large amount of the sim is automated due to the orders sent in via a file rather than saying "If we're down to 10 men, do this..." so it's not like he'll need to do much there either.

Posting comprehensively has little bearing on ability to click the correct button. My girlfriend's brother is dyslexic but is more than capable of beating some of the harder PS2 games. Language skills are a completely seperate form of competency to simming games (at least, as far as I know!).

pasag

RTDAS
Love the way Towns never really understands whats going on. How about this:

Well seeming as Mitchell didn't mention it I approached him on MSN and we are now going to run this as a joint ship If their are no huge objections it may take a bit of time to get things up and running again though.