• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Football Youth Development Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After making a very positive international debut against American Samoa, The CWFA today announced plans to invest the gate receipts and television revenue from the game in youth development.

International captain, Kevin Gough, announced the launch of the CW Football Youth Development Program

In his announcement speech he said "CW is determined to go from strength to strength, both domestically and internationally, and in order to do so we must work hard to develop our young players. Hopefully this initiative will go part of the way to do this"

DETAILS

Between Rounds 15 and 16 the CW Football Youth Development Program will be hosted

Players between the ages of 17 and 22 are eligible

Players that post in this thread during that period (between rounds 15 and 16) will get an attribute bonus. Posting is the equivalent of attending the Academy

Attendance to the CW Football Youth Development Program gives the following attribute bonuses that the players can add to their players profile
  1. 19 and Under - 5 pts to be shared around across attributes (Must be placed on at least 2 attributes)
  2. 20 yrs to 22 yrs- 3 pts to be shared around across attributes (Must be placed on at least 2 attributes)

The CWFA are proud to announce that the CW Football Youth Development Program will be run by Terry Butcher.

Mr. Butcher is considered a top coach in Europe and an English legend. The CWFA are delighted he has chosen to be part of this exciting initiative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Butcher

Could all captains please promote this Program with their players in order for them to benefit from the coaching of Mr. Butcher and gain the attribute bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great Idea Goughy :)

A few questions/confirmations

1. For each post in this thread players will attain 1 attribute point? or after the 1st post, will players have to meet certain other requirements to attain the extra points available to them?

2.Who determines which attribute each point goes towards? Eg. I make my first post, and get 1 attribute point for it, do i need to request which attribute this point goes towards, or is that chosen by my Squad Captain, Terry Butcher etc.

3. How often will these camps be run? Will there be say only 1 per season, or will it be more regular such as two a season?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Once again i like the idea in theory to help young guys catch you to the other players. But only allowing forwards to add two points, when majority of forwards can't score any goals is not going to solve anything.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Once again i like the idea in theory to help young guys catch you to the other players. But only allowing forwards to add two points, when majority of forwards can't score any goals is not going to solve anything.
Gaining 1 shooting skill is better than gaining no skill correct?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Before i sound like im just whinging, i do agree with these changes but i think there should be an exception for forwards with 30 or below shooting so they can improve their shooting by 3 (for U21) and 2 (for 21 to 24). There is a problem that a select few forwards are dominating the league, but there is also a problem that forwards with low shooting can't score any goals. Keeper are already improve a lot faster then these forwards and if defenders also improve faster then the situation will get worse.

Johnners

The question must also be asked then, how come Fuller, with a shooting ability of only 11, has scored as many goals as Luff, who's shooting ability is much higher at 26.

I think you'll find that each players position, and the teams tactics will have a noticable bearing on the number of goals a player scores. For example, If Luff was to play more often as a Foward, instead of at AM, i think you'd find he'd be scoring a few more goals.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The question must also be asked then, how come Fuller, with a shooting ability of only 11, has scored as many goals as Luff, who's shooting ability is much higher at 26.

I think you'll find that each players position, and the teams tactics will have a noticable bearing on the number of goals a player scores. For example, If Luff was to play more often as a Foward, instead of at AM, i think you'd find he'd be scoring a few more goals.
Well Dinu, Currie, Mamesh and Comley have played the whole season as forwards, apart from a couple games where Dinu was AM and 30 mins when Comley was AM. All four have hardly scored any goals against keepers above 30. No doubt tactics play a part, but its clear that unless you have high shooting or come up against a crap keeper your hardly going to score any goals. The situation will get worse if defenders improve at a faster rate then these forwards.

Also for guys like Fuller, Mathus and Dwyer who scored a few goal with lowish shooting majority of their goals have been after there teams are infront or the other team is down a man.

Johnners

Also realise then that those 4 particular players have probably not benefitted from the same quality ball from the midfield as the others have. The damming fact in your argument is that Pooja & Smith, both of whom have high Goal Scoring attributes, have only 2 goals between them this year. This shows that it's a whole range of factors, and adds a sense of realism to the whole game, even Kennett & Goughy have had quiet games where they haven't scored scored goals despite them being streets ahead of everyone else (ya old farts :p) when it comes to their attributes.

I think you'll find that over time, things will even out, and this youth development progam is only going to assist in that.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Meh, why do the points all have to go to the same ability? Maybe forwards should have some skill points going somewhere else other than shooting if they're already gun at that.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, why do the points all have to go to the same ability? Maybe forwards should have some skill points going somewhere else other than shooting if they're already gun at that.
They dont have to be used in the same ability.. They can be distributed as that player sees fit...

Terry Butcher? sounds like we are attempting to go backwards...
We heard he was available so thought why not :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This is round 15 now, so i guess our players should sign up. Or are we waiting for more details. A bit disappointed no else see how these changes might just make some forwards completely useless, oh well lets hope im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.