• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Football Youth Development Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok people dont get your **** in a tangle...

I made a mistake and forgot to add the fact that anyone selected in the National Side WILL NOT be able to attend the Academy..

I was in a rush and forgot to add that to the post.. So im sorry for any confusion.....
Hmm as i told you yesterday i do think that unfair for guys like Burke, Camps, Roberts and Cloete who aren't that much better then guys they just beat for a spot in the squad. All that does is give guys who just missed out on the squad an advantage over them. IMO it would be better the base restrictions on a players stats. But your the boss and if you think thats the fairest way, its your call.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm as i told you yesterday i do think that unfair for guys like Burke, Camps, Roberts and Cloete who aren't that much better then guys they just beat for a spot in the squad. All that does is give guys who just missed out on the squad an advantage over them. IMO it would be better the base restrictions on a players stats. But your the boss and if you think thats the fairest way, its your call.
I understand where you are coming from, However these guys have obviously been doing enough to make the national side so i dont see why they need any special dispensations..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

I made a mistake and forgot to add the fact that anyone selected in the National Side WILL NOT be able to attend the Academy..

I was in a rush and forgot to add that to the post.. So im sorry for any confusion.....
Why not? Its a Youth Development Program. Why would we not want to develop our talented youngsters.

It idea is to close the gap on the older players like DK and myself as well as with the keepers. Both of these are excluded from the program, I see no reason to exclude international players. Why are we punishing guys for representing their country?

David

International 12th Man
Skills:
You need to put atleast 1 skill point for each attribute, even keeping (just put it as 1).
Basically the following is how you can assign skill points (EXCLUDING AGGRESSION) based on your age:
IF AGE IS 17-19 YEARS: Total Skill Points = 40, Maximum of any ONE skill = 30
IF AGE IS 20-22 YEARS: Total Skill Points = 45, Maxiumum of any ONE skill = 35
IF AGE IS 23-26 YEARS: Total Skill Points = 50, Maximum of any ONE skill = 40
IF AGE IS 27-28 YEARS: Total Skill Points = 55, Maximum of any ONE skill = 45
1. 19 and Under - 5 pts to be shared around across attributes (Must be placed on at least 2 attributes)
2. 20 yrs to 22 yrs- 3 pts to be shared around across attributes (Must be placed on at least 2 attributes)
17 year old
attribute 1 30
attribute 2 8
attribute 3 1
attribute 4 1

27 year old
att 1 45
att 2 8
att 3 1
att 4 1

Youth academy 17y/o after 10 years (now 27)
att 1 30+4+4+4+2+2+2= 48+ normal increase over 10 season
att 2 8+1+1+1+1+1+1= 14+
att 3 1+
att 4 1+

Say they increase only 2 in main and 1 in secondary each year (I think a somewhat modest estimate), I daresay the better you get, the more you'll improve?
both at 27
68 vs 45
24 vs 8
1 vs 1
1 vs 1

I know we wanted younger players to be better eventually, but by this much (at a, imo, modest estimate)?

should probably point out that just from youth academy, a 17 y/old will have surpassed a 27 y/o starting stats after 5 seasons, so age 22

all assuming the youth academy is held every year, which is almost compulsory now it's been introduced once...

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
I've been with CWXI since the start (11 seasons) so I personally know I can do it, although I know others don't have the attention span. Although these football seasons are considerably longer I think, in terms of time to games played.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
17 year old
attribute 1 30
attribute 2 8
attribute 3 1
attribute 4 1

27 year old
att 1 45
att 2 8
att 3 1
att 4 1

Youth academy 17y/o after 10 years (now 27)
att 1 30+4+4+4+2+2+2= 48+ normal increase over 10 season
att 2 8+1+1+1+1+1+1= 14+
att 3 1+
att 4 1+

Say they increase only 2 in main and 1 in secondary each year (I think a somewhat modest estimate), I daresay the better you get, the more you'll improve?
both at 27
68 vs 45
24 vs 8
1 vs 1
1 vs 1

I know we wanted younger players to be better eventually, but by this much (at a, imo, modest estimate)?

should probably point out that just from youth academy, a 17 y/old will have surpassed a 27 y/o starting stats after 5 seasons, so age 22

all assuming the youth academy is held every year, which is almost compulsory now it's been introduced once...
Yes we will probably run these camps once a season, however after this initial camp, we will probably re-evaluate how the camp is run...

Things like lowering the age for players eligible to attend, Lower the amount of stats that a player is given for attending the camp, etc...

I dont think its as major as your suggesting at this stage...

pasag

RTDAS

Eek.

Loony BoB

International Captain
It would be logical for a 27 year old who had spent 10 years in a youth acedamy to be much better than a 27 year old who signed up in the first season having only played football with his mates prior to that.

Having said that, I think that people should only be able to attend the youth acedamy up to a certain age, and the points should be gradually reduced (from 17 year olds = 5 points to X age year olds = 1 point) to that time.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good point Towns :)

To add to that, if say the 17-19 y/o's were allowed 5 points, yet have to allocate the different as the get older. Eg. 17y/o can add a maximum 4 points to any one stat, 18y/o 3 points, & 19y/o 2 points.:unsure:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be logical for a 27 year old who had spent 10 years in a youth acedamy to be much better than a 27 year old who signed up in the first season having only played football with his mates prior to that.

Having said that, I think that people should only be able to attend the youth acedamy up to a certain age, and the points should be gradually reduced (from 17 year olds = 5 points to X age year olds = 1 point) to that time.
Thats the plan i have in mind.. This 1st Academy is really just aimed at giving players the basic skills to compete with some of the better players in the league..

David

International 12th Man
I agree, as stated

David

International 12th Man
Yes we will probably run these camps once a season, however after this initial camp, we will probably re-evaluate how the camp is run...

Things like lowering the age for players eligible to attend, Lower the amount of stats that a player is given for attending the camp, etc...

I dont think its as major as your suggesting at this stage...
Problem is, people will see it as being an unfair advantage if you now lower the subsequent bonuses to be had...

Status
Not open for further replies.