• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Football Youth Development Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'll attend, 18 year old.

G Sriram - 4 more on passing, and 1 on shooting.

Will take me to 30-15, which is pretty neat.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I think this new change is terrible. Dravid cleans up whilst im stuck being able to choose a maximum of 2 points on striking yet I'm the one that needs it more than Dravid. If this is how it is to be scratch the whole thing cause it's just pathetic.
Mate, I dont get the anger. Dravid has 1 pt on Tk, and 8 on Ps

You have 5 on Tk and 15 on Ps. If you would have distibuted your points like Dravid you would have 11 extra St points. Which would have you on 38 for St. You would have probably scored more goals and been in the 40s by now.

Everyone had an opportunity to discuss with their captain their potential roles and readjust their points before the season started.

Its not Dravids fault he was wiser in how he used his points for designing his player.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Erm, iirc isn't Tarick in hospital?

Might be fair to give him an extended deadline given that it's out of his control that he can't post here.

Agent TBY

International Captain

You have 5 on Tk and 15 on Ps. If you would have distibuted your points like Dravid you would have 11 extra St points. Which would have you on 38 for St. You would have probably scored more goals and been in the 40s by now.

Everyone had an opportunity to discuss with their captain their potential roles and readjust their points before the season started.

Its not Dravids fault he was wiser in how he used his points for designing his player.
Yeah, but isn't it the whole point of this exercise to help even out the attribute field and help the younger ones catch up to the uber-guns?

The idea of limiting the increases to players who're above 30 in a particular skill, or removing them altogether for those above 35 was perfect, in my opinion. Don't know why that got scrapped.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but isn't it the whole point of this exercise to help even out the attribute field and help the younger ones catch up to the uber-guns?
Agreed. However the person complaining is older than the person he is complaining about and started with more attribute points.

The aim of this Program IS to lessen the gap between the older and 'superior' players and also lessen the gap between the rest of the players and the goalkeepers.

As for why the limits being lower for bonuses on higher attributes being dropped. I can honestly say I dont know. Last I knew it had been agreed on.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

So if one player made one mistake at the start of their career they have to suffer for the rest of their career, i love that reasoning. You make it sound like it was after two games everyone could tell that only player with 30 odd main were going to dominate the game. You forgot that fact that at the start of his career that 25 odd forwards were scoring goals. You forgot the fact that Dravid started in the teens and was struggling to get shots, let alone goals. If we had players who started in the teens, like Dravid, Hutch and Luff we would have made them change as well. It was only made obivious later on that player with his type of stats were going to struggle and guys like Dravid were going to be dominate. Surely players who are dominating the game should have limitions on how much they can improve. Really guys like him are on par with the keeper and older players, who both can't attend the camp.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Agreed. However the person complaining is older than the person he is complaining about and started with more attribute points.

The aim of this Program IS to lessen the gap between the older and 'superior' players and also lessen the gap between the rest of the players and the goalkeepers.

As for why the limits being lower for bonuses on higher attributes being dropped. I can honestly say I dont know. Last I knew it had been agreed on.
Nah, I'm not too bothered about Dave's problems, I've told him myself that his skill distribution was poor.

I'm just wondering what the point of all this is, if the people who're supposed to be caught up to are given equal opportunity to rise up in stats, hence accomplishing nothing at all.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok people dont get your **** in a tangle...

I made a mistake and forgot to add the fact that anyone selected in the National Side WILL NOT be able to attend the Academy..

I was in a rush and forgot to add that to the post.. So im sorry for any confusion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.