Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 147

Thread: CW Football Youth Development Program

  1. #46
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,046
    Seeing as our aim is to reduce the stat gap between those younger & older players, i'd have to agree with the above
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  2. #47
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,083
    Just a note on the topic on a number of forwards struggling to score goals. (This is purely unnoficial and my own observations)

    IMO There are 6 specialist CW forwards in the league. IE Guys with less than 10 on all attributes apart from shooting.
    These are Kennett, Smith, Pooja, Dravid, Hutchinson and Gough (sorry if I missed anyone)

    The guys that have been struggling to score are not guys I would call specialist forwards. Just because they play there does not make them strikers. If they were they would not have a lot of points on passing and tackling like they do.

    I cannot see the logic of spending attribute points on tackiling and passing and then complaining that you can score goals when you play are a striker.

    Its not a problem with the sim but with how the player was designed. Effectively guys are being played out of position as they are not pure strikers
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  3. #48
    State Captain Dizzy #4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Yeah, it's not like you haven't improved by 5 points more than anyone else in the league already...

    Well More would've been nice, as I said, when Camp comes, I'm getting a Defending Bonus, so that way, I can double up, but that's still a long way off
    Jason Gillespie = Best Bowler and Batsman of South Australia
    CW Record Stats http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=23910

  4. #49
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,360
    Excellent idea. Great for the game.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!


  5. #50
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Under 21 player here. I'd like three on passing and two on tackling please.

  6. #51
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,574
    Good idea.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  7. #52
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Adding to what Hakon said...

    Is it also fair that Kyle gained around 200-300 points when he let in a total of 11 goals? And i think you yourself gained a large number of points when we put 3 or 4 past you in the one game.
    Haha, they had 40 shots at goal. Not all on target, but he would've made a fair few saves too I'd guess.

  8. #53
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,046
    yeah he made 14 saves i think i read, but still, letting in 11 goals, and receiving nearly as many points as a keeper who lets in 1 is a bit of a farce imo

  9. #54
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Just a note on the topic on a number of forwards struggling to score goals. (This is purely unnoficial and my own observations)

    IMO There are 6 specialist CW forwards in the league. IE Guys with less than 10 on all attributes apart from shooting.
    These are Kennett, Smith, Pooja, Dravid, Hutchinson and Gough (sorry if I missed anyone)

    The guys that have been struggling to score are not guys I would call specialist forwards. Just because they play there does not make them strikers. If they were they would not have a lot of points on passing and tackling like they do.

    I cannot see the logic of spending attribute points on tackiling and passing and then complaining that you can score goals when you play are a striker.

    Its not a problem with the sim but with how the player was designed. Effectively guys are being played out of position as they are not pure strikers
    How can someone not be classified as a striker if their main skill shooting is double their secondary skill. I agree with your point when it comes to guys like Dinu and Dwyer who have high tackling and low shooting. But to say that guys like Thamba, Dave and Currie aren't strikers is a bit stupid considering their shooting is neally double their passing. Also everyone at the start spreaded their points with only Pooja, David and yourself starting as what you call pure forwards. The other three just changed from similar stats to those three at the start of comp. No one really thought when they signed up, not putting everying to shooting will make such a big difference.

    If these guys aren't forwards what are they, their not AM, cus the only real AM in this comp are Bugs and Sriram. To be an effective AM you really need 20/20 stats.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 08-02-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  10. #55
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    The reason we are waiting until after the next round to do this is so any small issues can be ironed out before hand.

    The current idea is that there is a max that each attribute (Ps, Tk, St) can be increased through attendance to the Academy (see 1st post). However,

    Would it be better if the max was set by current attribute values rather than attribute type?

    ie
    Attributes > 30 two pt max bonus
    Attributes > 20 < 30 3 pt max bonus
    Attributes < 20 4 pt max bounus

    Younger than 21 would still get 5 pts
    21-24 would get 3 pts

    Obviously the idea is making young players better and not improving players that are already good.

    Feedback/Opinions?
    I do think this is the best way to go about it

  11. #56
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,046
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    If these guys aren't forwards what are they, their not AM, cus the only real AM in this comp are Bugs and Sriram. To be an effective AM you really need 20/20 stats.
    Ahem.... 18/20

  12. #57
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Just a note on the topic on a number of forwards struggling to score goals. (This is purely unnoficial and my own observations)

    IMO There are 6 specialist CW forwards in the league. IE Guys with less than 10 on all attributes apart from shooting.
    These are Kennett, Smith, Pooja, Dravid, Hutchinson and Gough (sorry if I missed anyone)

    The guys that have been struggling to score are not guys I would call specialist forwards. Just because they play there does not make them strikers. If they were they would not have a lot of points on passing and tackling like they do.

    I cannot see the logic of spending attribute points on tackiling and passing and then complaining that you can score goals when you play are a striker.

    Its not a problem with the sim but with how the player was designed. Effectively guys are being played out of position as they are not pure strikers
    I haven't exactly been banging them in...
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  13. #58
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    821
    I think it should be noted that I was scoring goals fairly regularly from memory during the pre-season and start of the season. I think Dan was one of the leading goal scorer and even the Stallions boys were scoring the odd goal. We only ever had problems scoring goals once the keepers started increasing at a crazy rate, even if they let in heaps of goals.

    I do like the new idea that Goughy put up looks fair for all IMO.
    38th Test Player for CW XI

    Test Career: 28 Mts, 2108 runs @ 42.16
    FC Career: 153 Mts, 12569 runs @ 45.21
    List A Career: 94 Mts, 2458 runs @ 30.35
    Twenty20 Career: 17 Mts, 352 runs @ 25.14

  14. #59
    International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere.
    Posts
    2,173
    I would very much like to attend the camp to work on a bit of passing (2) and shooting (1).

    Very good idea guys

  15. #60
    International Debutant Majin's Avatar
    TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,784
    The guys that have been struggling to score are not guys I would call specialist forwards. Just because they play there does not make them strikers. If they were they would not have a lot of points on passing and tackling like they do.

    I cannot see the logic of spending attribute points on tackiling and passing and then complaining that you can score goals when you play are a striker.
    You forget there is a limit on the amount of points you can spend in one attribute. I know for a fact that Pooja signed up as a striker and put all the points she could allocate into shot ability into her shot ability. The others had to be spread out somehow.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Your Best Football XI
    By aussie in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 29-06-2007, 12:58 AM
  2. Schools of Football Management
    By DJellett in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 05:12 AM
  3. Italian Football Scandal
    By Pothas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:15 PM
  4. For all Football fans here-Select the greatest ever 5 club teams:
    By roni10_levi in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •