Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Football Youth Development Program

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Terry Butcher? sounds like we are attempting to go backwards...

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Meh, why do the points all have to go to the same ability? Maybe forwards should have some skill points going somewhere else other than shooting if they're already gun at that.
    They dont have to be used in the same ability.. They can be distributed as that player sees fit...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman View Post
    Terry Butcher? sounds like we are attempting to go backwards...
    We heard he was available so thought why not

Banned
    Can't wait! Great idea Goughy.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    This is round 15 now, so i guess our players should sign up. Or are we waiting for more details. A bit disappointed no else see how these changes might just make some forwards completely useless, oh well lets hope im wrong.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Nah I'm with ya Tharmi.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

i think today's round proved that these fowards won't become completely useless... i had 6 shots on goal, no i didn't score, but i'm starting to get more & more shots each game as my shooting ability is increasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    i think today's round proved that these fowards won't become completely useless... i had 6 shots on goal, no i didn't score, but i'm starting to get more & more shots each game as my shooting ability is increasing.
    You can have as many shots on goal as you want, but unless you have high shotting your not going to find the back of the net with quality of keeper we have going around. Case in point Mamesh 51 shots on goal this season and only 6 goals. His clearly had the service from our midfield, but cus goal keeper stopping is so much better then his shotting his probably never going to find the back of the net regularly. The situation is going to get worse if defenders improve faster.

EDIT: Or Matt Currie 49 shots for 5 goals, note 3 of those goals where against a 20 keeper. Also 2 of Mamesh's goals were against a 19 keeper.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 07-02-2007 at 11:49 PM.

i must apolgise as i think i've been mistunderstanding you I was taking it that you're reasoning behind the younger fowards not being able to score the goals was due to the defenders current ability, and not the keepers (mis-read i did, )

I do agree that the Keepers are increasing their skills far to much (averaging around 300-400 a match) and thats disadvantaging the fowards, however, as i was saying earlier, i don't think the Defenders are increasing to quick.

Yeah defenders ATM don't increase faster, but they will if changes are put in place so key tackles are worth more. I do think thats is a good move, due to the large amount time they spend off the field with suspensions. But something needs to be done to help young forwards with low shotting. Really there is only four forwards dominating the league and the other forwards shouldn't be put at massive disadvantage just cus of four players. Simply put these other forwards should be given the chance to increase their shotting stats by more then just 1 or 2 points, as they are already a long way behind the goal keepers in the league. And maybe keeper shouldn't be able to improve so fast.

Keepers no longer able to attend the Academy

In a telephone conversation today, Terry Butcher informed CWFA that his goalkeeping coach was no longer available for the arranged dates.

He stated that, "Mark Bosnich has been involved with something that we really dont want to talk about and as such he will not be able to attend"

This unfortunately means there will be no places for keepers at the Academy.

(hopefully this will stop their stats increasing too quickly and give others a chance to catch up with them and the older forwards).
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    In a telephone conversation today, Terry Butcher informed CWFA that his goalkeeping coach was no longer available for the arranged dates.

He stated that, "Mark Bosnich has been involved with something that we really dont want to talk about and as such he will not be able to attend"

This unfortunately means there will be no places for keepers at the Academy.

(hopefully this will stop their stats increasing too quickly and give others a chance to catch up with them and the older forwards).
    Hmm what about young forwards who can't scores goal in the league, will they be able to increase their point by more?

Also if you want to reduce the improvement of goal keeper just reduce the point they get for saves...

Just to address a couple of questions.

During the time of the Academy (between round 15 and 16 ie after the next game) players must post a minimum of once in this thread.

One post signifies attendance and gives the bonuses.

It isnt 1 attribute point per post.

also

Points gained during the Academy cannot all be spent on the same attribute. They must be shared round (at least a little).

Banned
    Under 21- 5 pts to be shared around across attributes.

Above is what is needed to be done so I would like my points to be spread out like this.

4 on passing and 1 on shooting.

One other question are we planning on doing this academy every season?

International Regular
    Is this open yet?

As a 23 year old I would love to attend and work on my tackling (2 points) and some ball work (1 passing).

Look forward to working with Terry Butcher, too. Been around the traps, that guy.
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Hiya guys, thanks for this opportunity to train blah blah blah.

As an Under-21 player i'd like 3 points on my passing and 2 points on my tackling. That's all coach, cheers for your time.
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information