• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ironing out the bugs..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There have been a few issues raised over the last week or so in regards to the inbalance of the Sim (ESMS)..

Things like suspensions, Strikers dominating, and younger players not improving.. I have decided to try and address these issues as quickly and as pain free as possible..

The First thing i have done is adjusted the Ability points for things like Key Tackles, Clean Sheets etc..

I have also decided to give all teams a backup keeper of useful standard.. This will alleviate and problems if a 1st choice keeper is out... All reserve keepers will be removed from squads and clubs will sign new keepers to fill the void..

The Other issue which has been of annoyance has been the red cards.. At this stage im yet to come up with a solution to that accept advise defenders to lower their aggression levels to about 50... (It seems as though this is a decent number and may result in less cards)..

Other options are being looked into to get some stability and equality across the board, however we ask you be patient..

If anyone has any other issues they want to raise please do so here...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As discussed with Blewy, there is another idea in the pipeline to help younger players especially defender improve

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you've pretty much addressed them all Blewy :)

The only other question i would have is, seeing as we are still trying to expand CW Football and sqauds are probably lacking a few numbers when there are 2/3 people injured/suspended, is it possible that each squad is allocated 2/3 more regen players to compensate for this?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I dropped my aggression to 50 a while ago and it hasn't made much difference, i've got the same amount of cards that i got before and this has resulted in less key tackes. The only real difference i've noticed in aggression levels is when i've dropped the team aggression levels, but once again this has result in less key tackes for our defenders.

I can understand the reasoning with increase the points for key tackes, problem in not that all forward are dominating just that forwards with high shooting. Luff, Mamesh, Comley, Pooja, Dwyer, Dinu and Currie have hardly scored any goals due to low shooting. If defenders improve at higher rate, its just make it even harder for them to score goals. It might help to reduce the dominance of other forwards, but it will just make them even more ineffective.

Problem is not nessary that forwards are dominating, just a select few due high shotting. If your going to solve the problem your also going to have to look at ways to help these other forwards not become completely ineffective.

I do however agree with the introduction of 25 odd reserve goal keepers. I think it would be a good move as long as the replacement are even throughout. Rather then what happened with the marquee replacement, where some teams got 25 plus players and others got low 20s.

Also it should be noted that hardly any midfielders have improved much either, expect for the handful that started with 25 plus passing. The real problem with the sim is that players who started high stats keep improving at fast rate and guys with low stats never seem to improve and are just being left behind.

Last edited:

Johnners

FWIW Pooja actually has one of the higher Shooting attributes in the league with 32, yet she has only scored 1 goal, whilst Smith hasn't scored any and his is higher still.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FWIW Pooja actually has one of the higher Shooting attributes in the league with 32, yet she has only scored 1 goal, whilst Smith hasn't scored any and his is higher still.
Still my point is vaild when to comes to Dinu, Comley, Luff, Mamesh and Currie. There never going to improve if everyone else gets extra bounus points.

Johnners

Yeah they will, atm they're getting the shots, they just aren't scoring. Given time, and increased shooting attribute points, they'll convert more of those shots into goals.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah they will, atm they're getting the shots, they just aren't scoring. Given time, and increased shooting attribute points, they'll convert more of those shots into goals.
Not really by the time they will improve to a decent level, defenders and keeper would have improved at a faster rate and they'll be back to square one. With something like this they will always be behind the eight ball. Best option IMO is for forwards who are 30 or below should be able to increase their shotting at the same rate as other outfield players. Really if your going to improve the standard of the league and iron out bugs you have to look at reducing the gap between stats, not just making defenders or keepers improve faster.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I don't feel that DK's shooting has improved quickly enoug....*is hurried off stage in a paper bag*

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I've noticed comments in the Youth Development Program thread about the increase of Keepers stats...

I agree with what is being said and am proposing another change to the ability points that are distributed for games...

The majority of Keepers are getting their points from the Saves they make more so then anything else.. So what im thinking is Lower the amount of points they receive for making a save...

I will look into this later today and get back to everyone...

ash chaulk

International Captain
was thinking that this is a game where salary caps should be used.... Depending on how many attribute points you have on a skill would determine your value. then you would revaluate the players at the end of the season and also add more cap to squads at the end of the season.??? duno if that makes sence im pretty hungover tbh

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
was thinking that this is a game where salary caps should be used.... Depending on how many attribute points you have on a skill would determine your value. then you would revaluate the players at the end of the season and also add more cap to squads at the end of the season.??? duno if that makes sence im pretty hungover tbh
Yeah i was thinking about the same thing a while ago, looking at the squads (the main skills of players) there is pretty big gap between some of the teams. It would be nice to have six even matched sides. IMO Stallions got a pretty raw deal with the squad allocations.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i was thinking about the same thing a while ago, looking at the squads (the main skills of players) there is pretty big gap between some of the teams. It would be nice to have six even matched sides. IMO Stallions got a pretty raw deal with the squad allocations.
I guess its an option however it would need a few people to help chip in and take care of it as i dont think i could look after the added work it would involve..

We'd also need to ensure that its a fair and easy to understand system to work with..

ash chaulk

International Captain
maybe a lil formular to come up with would be the first step then see how much squads are worth overall followed by deciding the cap

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I've already started building up a database but the squads have changed a lot due to inactivity and new keepers. Also the stats will change again after the camp, so once thats finish i'll post some suggestions and the current stats of the squads.

ash chaulk

International Captain
I've already started building up a database but the squads have changed a lot due to inactivity and new keepers. Also the stats will change again after the camp, so once thats finish i'll post some suggestions and the current stats of the squads.
sweet

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Good work Tharmi...

Not sure what the thoughts are but possibly something to work so that players are contracted, which is tied in with the salary cap...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
contracts/salaries sounds rad for the CW football.

6 even teams would be better than a dominant team, a sux team, 2 grand teams and a slightly less than good team.

Caps = winner.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just been thinking about the lack of depth in the squads and how teams are effected by Injuries etc..

What are peoples thoughts on adding some more International players to squads with better stats so that when injuries and suspensions occur teams will at least have decent backup players to fill the void...

Also another thought i was thinking, was whats the feel about possibly cutting back sides next season to say 4 teams... This would thus allow us to field more CW players in each side and possibly give the game a bit more enjoyment?? Just something i've been thinking about, thought id see what the reaction is like...

Agent TBY

International Captain
Idea ONE sounds much better, personally. Cutting back on teams would be alright now, with a few CW'ers as backups, but later on, as we get more signups, we'd have to expand anyway.

I think we should get international gens with a minimum primary skill of 25. Would help out the game a bit.