• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ironing out the bugs..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Idea ONE sounds much better, personally. Cutting back on teams would be alright now, with a few CW'ers as backups, but later on, as we get more signups, we'd have to expand anyway.

I think we should get international gens with a minimum primary skill of 25. Would help out the game a bit.
Agreed. ATM virtually all CWs are guaranteed a game and the teams have players from all over the world, which is realistic.

Even at the moment, without future sign ups, moving to 4 teams would leave many CWs on the bench each game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I like idea one as long as the overseas players aren't too much better then CW players if better at all. And also if the quality if these overseas players is even throughout. One thing i thought was a pretty stupid at the start of the season was the up and down stats of the marquee replacements, i.e Okada 28 TK (Fury), Celestino 27 PS (Swell), Anderson 27 PS (Central), Madando 25 SH (Stallions), Ezequiel 22 PS (Power) and Genea 22 PS (Western). As long as the overseas players stats are even throughout and no team gets a major advantage then i think it could be a good option.

Option 2 I don't like as it will mean some CW players will sit on the bench. Players are already slightly unhappy when they don't get 90 mins.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just been thinking about the lack of depth in the squads and how teams are effected by Injuries etc..

What are peoples thoughts on adding some more International players to squads with better stats so that when injuries and suspensions occur teams will at least have decent backup players to fill the void...

Also another thought i was thinking, was whats the feel about possibly cutting back sides next season to say 4 teams... This would thus allow us to field more CW players in each side and possibly give the game a bit more enjoyment?? Just something i've been thinking about, thought id see what the reaction is like...
So thoughts on the above??

Not keen on the cutting back of teams???

If people want squad depth increased i will look at doing that after the next round of games...

I will ensure that players who come in wont be better then CW players but will be just below to ensure that depth in squads is alot better..

cometer

State Regular
sounds good to me. Agree with the other 3 already posted that cutting back the teams to 4 will just cause future problems and will cause a lot of us to sit on the bench making it a bit boring for them.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Less teams would suck.

Bring in other players to cover for squads ... obviously less skilled than the CW'ers, as this league is for us anyway and no one wants to be bench warmer :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think we should reduce the number of teams for the reasons already mentioned. It would mean we'd have CW players spending quite some time getting splinters on the bench, and that would prove to be less enjoyable, thus a reduction in the activity of CW Football.

Until we receive more sign-ups, i think that increasing the depth with international players who have a primary skill of around 16-19. This way, we won't have CW players sitting on the bench unless a team has more than 11 CW players.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well Red Cards are still seem to be a big problem in the league. I've been trying to find my old EFM files to compare the aggression levels in that game. Well i finally found them and it seems like its pretty obvious why we have been having so many cards. In EFM there was next to no players with aggression levels above 50. After 13 or so games the most that players were sent off was 2 times in that season. So maybe it could be an idea to have a max aggression level of 50. I guess at the end of the day its up to the players, but it seems the best way to go to keep everyone on the field. Mind you i have noticed that forwards with higher aggression seem to score more goals and in EFM goals were hard to come by.

Could be an option to drop the aggression of overseas players and see if makes it difference first.

Attachments

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Ive got an agression of 73 and havnt got a red card, only the 5 yellows. And when you think that it is after 15 odd games i dont think thats harsh (by defenders standards). So unless i suddenly start pickin cards up all over the place i dont really want to lower it.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Red Cards are still seem to be a big problem in the league. I've been trying to find my old EFM files to compare the aggression levels in that game. Well i finally found them and it seems like its pretty obvious why we have been having so many cards. In EFM there was next to no players with aggression levels above 50. After 13 or so games the most that players were sent off was 2 times in that season. So maybe it could be an idea to have a max aggression level of 50. I guess at the end of the day its up to the players, but it seems the best way to go to keep everyone on the field. Mind you i have noticed that forwards with higher aggression seem to score more goals and in EFM goals were hard to come by.

Could be an option to drop the aggression of overseas players and see if makes it difference first.
Um thats what i said earlier in the season and people werent happy with it...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Um thats what i said earlier in the season and people werent happy with it...
Well i have proof it makes a difference, but its up to the players to decide what aggression levels they want. BTW can the captains change the aggression levels of our overseas players if we want?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i have proof it makes a difference, but its up to the players to decide what aggression levels they want. BTW can the captains change the aggression levels of our overseas players if we want?
yes on the overseas players...