Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Ironing out the bugs..

  1. #16
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    I've already started building up a database but the squads have changed a lot due to inactivity and new keepers. Also the stats will change again after the camp, so once thats finish i'll post some suggestions and the current stats of the squads.
    sweet
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

    Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata



    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

  2. #17
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    I've already started building up a database but the squads have changed a lot due to inactivity and new keepers. Also the stats will change again after the camp, so once thats finish i'll post some suggestions and the current stats of the squads.
    Good work Tharmi...

    Not sure what the thoughts are but possibly something to work so that players are contracted, which is tied in with the salary cap...

  3. #18
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,690
    contracts/salaries sounds rad for the CW football.

    6 even teams would be better than a dominant team, a sux team, 2 grand teams and a slightly less than good team.

    Caps = winner.
    Captain for the Blues.

    Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.
    
    Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

  4. #19
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Just been thinking about the lack of depth in the squads and how teams are effected by Injuries etc..

    What are peoples thoughts on adding some more International players to squads with better stats so that when injuries and suspensions occur teams will at least have decent backup players to fill the void...


    Also another thought i was thinking, was whats the feel about possibly cutting back sides next season to say 4 teams... This would thus allow us to field more CW players in each side and possibly give the game a bit more enjoyment?? Just something i've been thinking about, thought id see what the reaction is like...


  5. #20
    International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    6,619
    Idea ONE sounds much better, personally. Cutting back on teams would be alright now, with a few CW'ers as backups, but later on, as we get more signups, we'd have to expand anyway.

    I think we should get international gens with a minimum primary skill of 25. Would help out the game a bit.
    orz

  6. #21
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Idea ONE sounds much better, personally. Cutting back on teams would be alright now, with a few CW'ers as backups, but later on, as we get more signups, we'd have to expand anyway.

    I think we should get international gens with a minimum primary skill of 25. Would help out the game a bit.
    Agreed. ATM virtually all CWs are guaranteed a game and the teams have players from all over the world, which is realistic.

    Even at the moment, without future sign ups, moving to 4 teams would leave many CWs on the bench each game.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  7. #22
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    I like idea one as long as the overseas players aren't too much better then CW players if better at all. And also if the quality if these overseas players is even throughout. One thing i thought was a pretty stupid at the start of the season was the up and down stats of the marquee replacements, i.e Okada 28 TK (Fury), Celestino 27 PS (Swell), Anderson 27 PS (Central), Madando 25 SH (Stallions), Ezequiel 22 PS (Power) and Genea 22 PS (Western). As long as the overseas players stats are even throughout and no team gets a major advantage then i think it could be a good option.

    Option 2 I don't like as it will mean some CW players will sit on the bench. Players are already slightly unhappy when they don't get 90 mins.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 12-02-2007 at 03:08 PM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  8. #23
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy View Post
    Just been thinking about the lack of depth in the squads and how teams are effected by Injuries etc..

    What are peoples thoughts on adding some more International players to squads with better stats so that when injuries and suspensions occur teams will at least have decent backup players to fill the void...


    Also another thought i was thinking, was whats the feel about possibly cutting back sides next season to say 4 teams... This would thus allow us to field more CW players in each side and possibly give the game a bit more enjoyment?? Just something i've been thinking about, thought id see what the reaction is like...
    So thoughts on the above??

    Not keen on the cutting back of teams???

    If people want squad depth increased i will look at doing that after the next round of games...

    I will ensure that players who come in wont be better then CW players but will be just below to ensure that depth in squads is alot better..

  9. #24
    State Regular
    Gyroball Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    903
    sounds good to me. Agree with the other 3 already posted that cutting back the teams to 4 will just cause future problems and will cause a lot of us to sit on the bench making it a bit boring for them.

  10. #25
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,690
    Less teams would suck.

    Bring in other players to cover for squads ... obviously less skilled than the CW'ers, as this league is for us anyway and no one wants to be bench warmer

  11. #26
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    That Glorious Moustache
    Posts
    19,099
    I don't think we should reduce the number of teams for the reasons already mentioned. It would mean we'd have CW players spending quite some time getting splinters on the bench, and that would prove to be less enjoyable, thus a reduction in the activity of CW Football.

    Until we receive more sign-ups, i think that increasing the depth with international players who have a primary skill of around 16-19. This way, we won't have CW players sitting on the bench unless a team has more than 11 CW players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  12. #27
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Well Red Cards are still seem to be a big problem in the league. I've been trying to find my old EFM files to compare the aggression levels in that game. Well i finally found them and it seems like its pretty obvious why we have been having so many cards. In EFM there was next to no players with aggression levels above 50. After 13 or so games the most that players were sent off was 2 times in that season. So maybe it could be an idea to have a max aggression level of 50. I guess at the end of the day its up to the players, but it seems the best way to go to keep everyone on the field. Mind you i have noticed that forwards with higher aggression seem to score more goals and in EFM goals were hard to come by.

    Could be an option to drop the aggression of overseas players and see if makes it difference first.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 15-02-2007 at 09:08 PM.

  13. #28
    International Debutant kears_falcon_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,664
    Ive got an agression of 73 and havnt got a red card, only the 5 yellows. And when you think that it is after 15 odd games i dont think thats harsh (by defenders standards). So unless i suddenly start pickin cards up all over the place i dont really want to lower it.
    ----------------
    < D.A.V.I.D >
    ----------------

  14. #29
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Well Red Cards are still seem to be a big problem in the league. I've been trying to find my old EFM files to compare the aggression levels in that game. Well i finally found them and it seems like its pretty obvious why we have been having so many cards. In EFM there was next to no players with aggression levels above 50. After 13 or so games the most that players were sent off was 2 times in that season. So maybe it could be an idea to have a max aggression level of 50. I guess at the end of the day its up to the players, but it seems the best way to go to keep everyone on the field. Mind you i have noticed that forwards with higher aggression seem to score more goals and in EFM goals were hard to come by.

    Could be an option to drop the aggression of overseas players and see if makes it difference first.
    Um thats what i said earlier in the season and people werent happy with it...

  15. #30
    International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Max Rayne House, London
    Posts
    3,362
    Yeah, don't drop the aggresion.
    Member of CW RED

    Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions


    Currently Managing: NSW

    Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Essex sign bugs malone
    By bugssy in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 27-12-2004, 04:08 PM
  2. Bugs - Mark Waugh shield
    By Simon in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 09:16 PM
  3. bugs malone drops bomb on nsw squad!
    By bugssy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-07-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •