Thread: Official Decision on Rodgie/Power Issue

Official Decision on Rodgie/Power Issue

An Official announcement on the Justin Rodgie/Northside Power issue will be made here shortly...

A Panel consisting of the CW FA, CW PA Rep and CW Captain met to make a decision on the Justin Rodgie/Northside Power situation that has been brewing over the last few days..

The Panel determined that Power Captain Tharmi Loganathan acted contrary to the spirit of the game in his actions relating to the signup of Justin Rodgie.

The Panel has decided that Justin Rodgie WILL join Northside Power, however Rodgie will join under the first set of legal stats he produced which are shown as follows..

Name: Justin Rodgie
    Forum Name: AussieDominance
    E-Mail: rusty_492@hotmail.com
    GK: 1
    TK: 8
    MF: 22
    ST: 9
    Aggression: 68
    Further to this it has been decided that new rules will be implemented in regards to the signing up and drafting of players which will take effect immediatley.

The changes will see any player found guilty of unfairly influencing new players face diciplinary action from the CWFA..

Teams will now also be rewarded for accepting the offer of players to join their side.

The draft order will still remain however once a team has accepted a player they will be removed from the list for that round.

If all teams on the list reject an offered player they will receive a strike and the player will be sent to the team at the top of the list and that team removed.

Once all teams have received one player per round all teams will be put back into a new list which will be ordered by the strikes received from the previous round with the team with the least amount of strikes at the top of the list and the one with the most at the bottom.. In the result of 2 teams having the same amount of strikes, the team that picked last from the previous round will have be higher..

This system will be effective immediatley and because Southern Stallions and Northside Power now have players this round they will be removed till next round..

As another addition for the next few rounds teams will not be releasing players when new players come in, this will be done in an attempt to get the squad levels up due to Internationals, Injuries and Suspensions stretching levels of the current squads..
    (Southern Stallions will have their last released player re-instated)...

Any questions or queries please ask...

Will the Power get a strike for their behaviour in this incident??
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Will the Power get a strike for their behaviour in this incident??
    No, we feel the decision is a fair one to all...

I don't mean to be pointing fingers but do I seem to recall a fair few changes to a number of players stats at the influence of their team captains who obviously pressurised them into the choices, included in that were a number of Fury player's too I believe.

In saying that I do think the CWFA have made the correct decision, despite Tharmi acting in a light hearted manner and mainly good natured manner. There was no malice intended on his behalf he was simply acting in the interests of both the player and the club he captains and I don't think he deserves any kind of punishment. However I'm just pointing out the fact that it's happened before, and for so many of the guilty captains to suddenly look down on it now seems utterly hypocritical. Particularly when the Power probably had the fewet amount of stat changes in the entire league. You can't just say it's right up to here, and it's wrong after here. The entire process is either morally corrupt or it isn't, no ifs, buts or deadlines about it.
    Last edited by Cloete; 13-01-2007 at 03:37 AM.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Breakout Champion!
    Looks like I'm 5 hours late.

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    I don't think there should be strike against refusing a player...some teams have already got two keepers as it is, if a third comes along on their draft pick they shouldn't have to be punished for not accepting them. It just doesn't make sense for the team or the player to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete View Post
    I don't mean to be pointing fingers but do I seem to recall a fair few changes to a number of players stats at the influence of their team captains who obviously pressurised them into the choices, included in that were a number of Fury player's too I believe.

In saying that I do think the CWFA have made the correct decision, despite Tharmi acting in a light hearted manner and mainly good natured manner. There was no malice intended on his behalf he was simply acting in the interests of both the player and the club he captains and I don't think he deserves any kind of punishment. However I'm just pointing out the fact that it's happened before, and for so many of the guilty captains to suddenly look down on it now seems utterly hypocritical. Particularly when the Power probably had the fewet amount of stat changes in the entire league. You can't just say it's right up to here, and it's wrong after here. The entire process is either morally corrupt or it isn't, no ifs, buts or deadlines about it.
    Hardly Andrew... Your missing the whole point here...

The issue is not the change of stats, its the issue of the way Tharmi went about getting Rodgie to change his stats... He told him "If he changed his stats that the Power would take him" and "If he changed his stats to those proposed he would walk into the National side"..

Both are things that a new player is going to jump at...

also, he pretty much abolished the whole concept of a draft by asking him to do so

EDIT: Have to agree with Majin about the Strike system as well, it's a bit harsh penalising a team for not taking a player when they already have more than enough players in their position
    Last edited by Johnners; 13-01-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    I don't think there should be strike against refusing a player...some teams have already got two keepers as it is, if a third comes along on their draft pick they shouldn't have to be punished for not accepting them. It just doesn't make sense for the team or the player to join them.
    This troubles that come with getting to many players in one spot will be lowered when player Transfers are introduced...

Quote Originally Posted by Blewy View Post
    This troubles that come with getting to many players in one spot will be lowered when player Transfers are introduced...
    On that note, is there any ballpark date for when Transfers will be introduced?? I'm assuming it won't be until the end of this season at the earliest?

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    On that note, is there any ballpark date for when Transfers will be introduced?? I'm assuming it won't be until the end of this season at the earliest?
    Not determined as yet, but there is a chance of it happening before seasons end...

Thread Information