• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Decision on Rodgie/Power Issue

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
An Official announcement on the Justin Rodgie/Northside Power issue will be made here shortly...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
A Panel consisting of the CW FA, CW PA Rep and CW Captain met to make a decision on the Justin Rodgie/Northside Power situation that has been brewing over the last few days..

The Panel determined that Power Captain Tharmi Loganathan acted contrary to the spirit of the game in his actions relating to the signup of Justin Rodgie.

The Panel has decided that Justin Rodgie WILL join Northside Power, however Rodgie will join under the first set of legal stats he produced which are shown as follows..

Name: Justin Rodgie
Forum Name: AussieDominance
E-Mail: rusty_492@hotmail.com
GK: 1
TK: 8
MF: 22
ST: 9
Aggression: 68
Further to this it has been decided that new rules will be implemented in regards to the signing up and drafting of players which will take effect immediatley.

The changes will see any player found guilty of unfairly influencing new players face diciplinary action from the CWFA..

Teams will now also be rewarded for accepting the offer of players to join their side.

The draft order will still remain however once a team has accepted a player they will be removed from the list for that round.

If all teams on the list reject an offered player they will receive a strike and the player will be sent to the team at the top of the list and that team removed.

Once all teams have received one player per round all teams will be put back into a new list which will be ordered by the strikes received from the previous round with the team with the least amount of strikes at the top of the list and the one with the most at the bottom.. In the result of 2 teams having the same amount of strikes, the team that picked last from the previous round will have be higher..

This system will be effective immediatley and because Southern Stallions and Northside Power now have players this round they will be removed till next round..

As another addition for the next few rounds teams will not be releasing players when new players come in, this will be done in an attempt to get the squad levels up due to Internationals, Injuries and Suspensions stretching levels of the current squads..
(Southern Stallions will have their last released player re-instated)...

Any questions or queries please ask...

Cloete

International Captain
I don't mean to be pointing fingers but do I seem to recall a fair few changes to a number of players stats at the influence of their team captains who obviously pressurised them into the choices, included in that were a number of Fury player's too I believe.

In saying that I do think the CWFA have made the correct decision, despite Tharmi acting in a light hearted manner and mainly good natured manner. There was no malice intended on his behalf he was simply acting in the interests of both the player and the club he captains and I don't think he deserves any kind of punishment. However I'm just pointing out the fact that it's happened before, and for so many of the guilty captains to suddenly look down on it now seems utterly hypocritical. Particularly when the Power probably had the fewet amount of stat changes in the entire league. You can't just say it's right up to here, and it's wrong after here. The entire process is either morally corrupt or it isn't, no ifs, buts or deadlines about it.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
I don't think there should be strike against refusing a player...some teams have already got two keepers as it is, if a third comes along on their draft pick they shouldn't have to be punished for not accepting them. It just doesn't make sense for the team or the player to join them.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mean to be pointing fingers but do I seem to recall a fair few changes to a number of players stats at the influence of their team captains who obviously pressurised them into the choices, included in that were a number of Fury player's too I believe.

In saying that I do think the CWFA have made the correct decision, despite Tharmi acting in a light hearted manner and mainly good natured manner. There was no malice intended on his behalf he was simply acting in the interests of both the player and the club he captains and I don't think he deserves any kind of punishment. However I'm just pointing out the fact that it's happened before, and for so many of the guilty captains to suddenly look down on it now seems utterly hypocritical. Particularly when the Power probably had the fewet amount of stat changes in the entire league. You can't just say it's right up to here, and it's wrong after here. The entire process is either morally corrupt or it isn't, no ifs, buts or deadlines about it.
Hardly Andrew... Your missing the whole point here...

The issue is not the change of stats, its the issue of the way Tharmi went about getting Rodgie to change his stats... He told him "If he changed his stats that the Power would take him" and "If he changed his stats to those proposed he would walk into the National side"..

Both are things that a new player is going to jump at...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
also, he pretty much abolished the whole concept of a draft by asking him to do so

EDIT: Have to agree with Majin about the Strike system as well, it's a bit harsh penalising a team for not taking a player when they already have more than enough players in their position

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think there should be strike against refusing a player...some teams have already got two keepers as it is, if a third comes along on their draft pick they shouldn't have to be punished for not accepting them. It just doesn't make sense for the team or the player to join them.
This troubles that come with getting to many players in one spot will be lowered when player Transfers are introduced...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This troubles that come with getting to many players in one spot will be lowered when player Transfers are introduced...
On that note, is there any ballpark date for when Transfers will be introduced?? I'm assuming it won't be until the end of this season at the earliest?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
On that note, is there any ballpark date for when Transfers will be introduced?? I'm assuming it won't be until the end of this season at the earliest?
Not determined as yet, but there is a chance of it happening before seasons end...