• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Webbers to play All Whites

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb to play New Zealand
Sunday, 3 December 2006

Cricketweb Football Association today announced that the Cricketweb National Side would continue their preparation for the 2010 FIFA World Cup OFC Preliminary Qualifying Rounds with an international match against New Zealand at North Harbour Stadium on Sunday 4 February 2007.

The Cricketweb FA believes that the match will be another important step in preparing the team for its biggest football ever event, the World Cup Qualifiers, commencing in September 2007.

"Our goal is to take it one step at a time and games like the ones against New Zealand and American Samoa will give us a guide as to where we stand approaching the World Cup Qualifiers" said a FA Member.

"New Zealand are the top side in Oceania so not only will it give us a guide as to where we are at but will also give the whole team the experience of playing against higher class opponents."

"Both matches are a great opportunity for Cricketwebbers to support the team. With the Innaugural National league just getting underway it will be a great chance for the fans to see the national team in action."

© Cricketweb Football Association

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm going from playing the worst side in Oceania to playing the the best side is a pretty big step. Mind you I will be trying that little bit harder now, i might have the chance to play against Brockie.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see some pressure has resulted in this fixture, while it's not all that bad I would've preferred to work ourselves up the ladder. Still, looking forward to giving them an abolute hiding.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Brent Fisher is the greatest threat TBH, former Manly Untied player and all.

Gee must have been good to play at manly seeing as though they untied their players :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he totally forgot about it or else would have released the squad.
Actually i havent forgot..

I refer you to the Season Draw which was ammeded due to the break before Xmas..

Season Draw

The Match will be held on the 20th of this month, and the side will be selected soon...