• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Discussion Thread for American Samoa Friendly**

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Great to have plenty of Central blokes in the side, fair play to everyone who made it.

Don't expect to make the final squad tbh. Good luck in the match, guys :p

EDIT: Congrats to Kev, will lead the side well.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah, it's nice to be involved in the training on squad, but this isn't the final selection, so I still want to perform better in these next two games and cememnt a place in the squad.

Still, good stuff. :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to all selected. Great to see 4 East Coast players in the team, and a well deserving VC in Hoy. Also congrats to Goughy for being chosen as the 1st ever CW Land Captain.

cometer

State Regular
Congrats on those selected for the national squad and all the best. Pleased that the Power had at least 1 player in the squad and good luck to both Tharmi and Andy in representing the national side.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well done to the lads who made it. First ever INT appearance will be special. Hopefully as i age, i will get an opportunity aswell.

Great stuff by Goughy as the skipper aswell.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
stoked to be in the team :D
really happy with that, hopefully able to keep that performance up and keep being selected for this gun squad.

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
:( didn't make it. i wasn't expecting to, but i had put in a couple of good performances - even though the team did not perform well. then again, there is always next time!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just seen the squad.

Thanks for the priviledge of leading the team. A true honour and a future quiz question. :)

Congrats to all that made the squad, it looks very strong. Im sure we will do CW proud.

Perm

Congratulations first of all to Goughy and Nathan for being appointed captain and vice captain, I'm sure you will do a fantastic job. Secondly congratulations to all my team mates at Central United who made it in, good to see our efforts are coming with a reward. Also I'm very happy to be in the squad but I hope I can still put in some good performances to try and make the next cut.

2/6 defenders isn't bad either Travis.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nah you deserve it, you kept your team in pretty much all the games with some quality keeping. Guys like Ritchie, Dunn, Cameron etc haven't had much to do, cus they have good defences infront of them.

Mister Wright

chaminda_00 said:
Nah you deserve it, you kept your team in pretty much all the games with some quality keeping. Guys like Ritchie, Dunn, Cameron etc haven't had much to do, cus they have good defences infront of them.
Maybe. However, it was still a shock.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Blewy said:
The Squad announced today was sprinkled with players from all sides.. With plenty of competition across the park. Central United dominated selections with 5 players, whilst the major talking point being competition leaders Western Dynamo were only gaining 3 spots.

maybe its because we're a star team, rather than a team of stars.

(Have to save some face)

ash chaulk

International Captain
congrats to everyone. stoked to be in the squad. will try and show the selectors what i have and push the other boys to beat me.