• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FA Announce First Ever International Fixture

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Cricketweb FA today revealed the details of the Nations first ever International Fixture, with the Young Nation to take on fellow Oceania competitors American Samoa.

Talks have been ongoing for weeks now and an agreement was finally made last week.

The Fixture will be held at the Cricketweb Stadium on the 23rd of December and the FA are hoping for a Sellout Crowd..

The Match will also be a big boost for Cricketweb who are pushing for inclusion in the 2008 Oceania Nations Cup with a solid result being favourable for the Nations claims..

The FA are expected to announce a 20 Man Train-on Squad for the fixture in early December which will give players about 4 or 5 Rounds of the Newly formed Cricketweb Premiership to push their claims.

Plans for a second International Fixture are still ongoing with the FA rumoured to be talking to a couple of International teams as well as 2 Australian 'A League' Sides.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds good Blewy, hopefully I can cement myself as the first choice keeper. Have to put some hard work in though.

David

International 12th Man
Hoping to see a strong showing from the CW lads, and hopefully I'll be a part of it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds great.

The games against Aus 'A' Leauge sides sound fun, but would it not be better to play internationals instead for the honour of representing the country.

It would give more international caps and stats instead of just playing a friendly.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
Go start your own nation and play against Brazil straight up then...
American Samoa is a joke and we all know it. San Marino would beat them 6-0.

Oh well. Everyone knows what I think of the matter.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe so, but we need to start somewhere and i dont see how starting against a powerhouse will do anything for the Nations reputation..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
Maybe so, but we need to start somewhere and i dont see how starting against a powerhouse will do anything for the Nations reputation..
New Zealand? Thailand? Indonesia? Myanmar? Malaysia? Papua New Guinea? All quite good sides in the area that should probably pwn us but at least give us a decent idea of where we stand in international football.

Of course we shouldn't play Brazil for 15-20 years yet. But there's a difference between "powerhouses", "mediocre sides slightly above our level" and "rank amateurs from an island population 64,500 whose national sport is gridiron"