• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FA Announce First Ever International Fixture

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
Kennett, Hoy & Goughy have pretty assured themselves of a place in the squad after this weeks games.

The GK position looks like it will be the most difficult to choose at this stage. Any inside news as to when a squad will be announced Blewy ?
Train-on squad of probably 20 will be selected after Round 4, and then that will be cut down after round 7 to a squad of 16, with the starting 11 named after Round 8..

Dravid

International Captain
Blewy said:
Train-on squad of probably 20 will be selected after Round 4, and then that will be cut down after round 7 to a squad of 16, with the starting 11 named after Round 8..
I have 2 more rounds to get in front of Kennett then. Will try my hardest.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
No doubt, but I'd imagine for the first match they'd go on skills rather than form. It's not like either of them have been in bad form so far, and even if they have a quiet game or two, I'd be hesitant to write off players with so much talent. Even if they are a little old :p

Dravid

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
No doubt, but I'd imagine for the first match they'd go on skills rather than form. It's not like either of them have been in bad form so far, and even if they have a quiet game or two, I'd be hesitant to write off players with so much talent. Even if they are a little old :p
Oh please do you have to? I'm just raising my confidence so I play better.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Oh please do you have to? I'm just raising my confidence so I play better.
If you dont get in this season, bide your time. Myself and Kennett will have our feet up and smoking our pipes in a few seasons. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Goughy said:
If you dont get in this season, bide your time. Myself and Kennett will have our feet up and smoking our pipes in a few seasons. :)
About that. I'm guessing you'll get re-generated as 18 year olds with reduced stats and have to work your way back up again?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Matteh said:
About that. I'm guessing you'll get re-generated as 18 year olds with reduced stats and have to work your way back up again?
exactly... the hope is that we get enough people to start all regens off as 17yo's... unlikley at this stage though...

Perm

Need to give the keeping gloves a good work out over the next few weeks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think you'll be in serious contention Zac. Our defence has been rock solid, but you still have 3 clean sheets on the trot. The real test will be over the next few games where we play the Swell and Dynamo.

Perm

3 cleansheets doesn't stand for too much considering that our opponents have only managed around 5 shots on goal, not all of them on target either. I'm hoping though that our defence continues to work like this so we can lift Central United to the top, that's the main goal (excuse the pun) at this stage.

Dravid

International Captain
I just noticed I'm the third highest scorer in the league and the 20 man squad is selected after next round. I'm guessing I should atleast make the 20 man squad at this point. If I continue to do good then atleast as a back up striker in the 16