• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's going on?

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I keep wondering why the hell the keepers lose points easier....

This is how the first game went (Swell vs Dyamino)

I only one goal let thorugh by a little mistake from the back and 8 very good saves warrnets me -138, yet Cameron, who made 4 saves and conceeded 2 goals got only -35! WTF?

Let's look at the performances

Cameron 4 saved 1 conceeded -50, Donald 5 saved 2 conceeded -95
Richie 5 saved 2 conceeded -100, Dunn 2 saved 1 conceeded -42
Wright 3 saved 1 conceeded -58, Richie 5 saved 2 conceeded -95
Jasotharan 8 saved 1 conceeded -138, Cameron 4 saved 2 conceeded -56
Dunn no saves none conceeded 75, Hingston 8 saved 2 conceeded -90
Donald 6 saves 3 conceeded -108, Jasotharan 12 saved 4 conceeded -220

How does this work? Does it have to be a clean sheet only? Because if it is, I can't see much improvement for the keepers!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also note that Dunn gained points for pretty much not having to do anything with no saves required.

Perm

I agree there, it's very difficult to keep a clean sheet and if we get severly punished everytime we let a goal in it's quite silly. Dunn the best of the keepers so far though.

Johnners

Thats due to the fact that he's had a clean sheet. However, i can't see this happening often, especially if Fowards & Midfielders continue to pick up stat points at an alarming rate. Whatever the case, i'm sure it's something that CAN be fixed, and thats what we've got the pre-season for. Better to have it dealt with now, than half-way through the season when we start to get regular scorelines of 5-4 etc.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
im only the best cause we have a world class midfield and defence therefore leaving me to have a nap :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Blewy's got the ability points in the league.dat screwed
Actually Andrew i dont, i have the exact ones who you set up...

Abilities:
AB_Goal = 50
AB_Assist = 40
AB_Victory_Random = 10
AB_Clean_Sheet = 75
AB_Ktk = 35
AB_Kps = 20
AB_Sht_On = 20
AB_Sht_Off = 10
AB_Sav = 20
AB_OG = -8
AB_Defeat_Random = -5
AB_Concede = -10
AB_Yellow = -2
AB_Red = -10

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
from the stats it looks like the sav thing must have a minus.
It doesn't, thats copied directly from the actual file...

im not sure what it is thats wrong.. Just have to keep searching..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ill give it a try :p

Worst case scenario if we work it out in the pre-season what we can do is reset all keepers back to their original stats for the season start...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Actually Andrew i dont, i have the exact ones who you set up...

Abilities:
AB_Goal = 50
AB_Assist = 40
AB_Victory_Random = 10
AB_Clean_Sheet = 75
AB_Ktk = 35
AB_Kps = 20
AB_Sht_On = 20
AB_Sht_Off = 10
AB_Sav = 20
AB_OG = -8
AB_Defeat_Random = -5
AB_Concede = -10
AB_Yellow = -2
AB_Red = -10
Yeah it's because Skill_Abs is set to 1 or 2 which turns it on. What it does is subtract their ability from their ability points. So if a keeper with 35 keeping makes a save he gets 20 ability points, but he gets -15 because it's subtracted form his skill. It's a good idea to keep it on but the league.dat I sent you was from EFM where we used skills of 1-20 and it's set up accordingly. I worked out what I thought what a reasonable system after a few trials. But then when you took over simming I forgot to tell you that you needed to change all of it. Hopefully you're getting used to the sim though. Anyway here's what I had, I think I've run it by you before actually but I doubt it meant much to you then lol:

Abilities:
AB_Goal = 100
AB_Assist = 100
AB_Victory_Random = 30
AB_Clean_Sheet = 100
AB_Ktk = 75
AB_Kps = 30
AB_Sht_On = 30
AB_Sht_Off = 15
AB_Sav = 75
AB_OG = -8
AB_Defeat_Random = -10
AB_Concede = -10
AB_Yellow = -2
AB_Red = -10

Also here are the age parameters I worked on:

AB_AGE_DEP_15 = 1.5
AB_AGE_DEP_16 = 1.4
AB_AGE_DEP_17 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_18 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_19 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_20 = 1.1
AB_AGE_DEP_22 = 1
AB_AGE_DEP_30 = 0.9
AB_AGE_DEP_32 = 0.8
AB_AGE_DEP_34 = 0.7
AB_AGE_DEP_36 = 0.6
AB_AGE_DEP_37 = 0.5
AB_AGE_DEP_38 = 0.4
AB_AGE_DEP_39 = 0.3
AB_AGE_DEP_40 = 0.2
AB_SKI_DEP_1 = 2

I hope you know how to use rerates as well as they're crucial in simulating training.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Yeah it's because Skill_Abs is set to 1 or 2 which turns it on. What it does is subtract their ability from their ability points. So if a keeper with 35 keeping makes a save he gets 20 ability points, but he gets -15 because it's subtracted form his skill. It's a good idea to keep it on but the league.dat I sent you was from EFM where we used skills of 1-20 and it's set up accordingly. I worked out what I thought what a reasonable system after a few trials. But then when you took over simming I forgot to tell you that you needed to change all of it. Hopefully you're getting used to the sim though. Anyway here's what I had, I think I've run it by you before actually but I doubt it meant much to you then lol:

Abilities:
AB_Goal = 100
AB_Assist = 100
AB_Victory_Random = 30
AB_Clean_Sheet = 100
AB_Ktk = 75
AB_Kps = 30
AB_Sht_On = 30
AB_Sht_Off = 15
AB_Sav = 75
AB_OG = -8
AB_Defeat_Random = -10
AB_Concede = -10
AB_Yellow = -2
AB_Red = -10

Also here are the age parameters I worked on:

AB_AGE_DEP_15 = 1.5
AB_AGE_DEP_16 = 1.4
AB_AGE_DEP_17 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_18 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_19 = 1.2
AB_AGE_DEP_20 = 1.1
AB_AGE_DEP_22 = 1
AB_AGE_DEP_30 = 0.9
AB_AGE_DEP_32 = 0.8
AB_AGE_DEP_34 = 0.7
AB_AGE_DEP_36 = 0.6
AB_AGE_DEP_37 = 0.5
AB_AGE_DEP_38 = 0.4
AB_AGE_DEP_39 = 0.3
AB_AGE_DEP_40 = 0.2
AB_SKI_DEP_1 = 2

I hope you know how to use rerates as well as they're crucial in simulating training.
Andy,

Im gonna need to speak to you on MSN about this... Can you tell me a good time...

Johnners

Blewy said:
Ill give it a try :p

Worst case scenario if we work it out in the pre-season what we can do is reset all keepers back to their original stats for the season start...
could be a little unfair on the keepers though? especially if all other positions can gain stat points. Perhaps giving each keeper that has played say 2 extra keeping stat points be a little fairer? Or something along those lines anyway.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Well, Every time I kept saving, I lost points! I could've gained an extra point! Now I hope the fair system helps us keepers good, or else we're screwed and nobody would want to be a keeper!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Well, Every time I kept saving, I lost points! I could've gained an extra point! Now I hope the fair system helps us keepers good, or else we're screwed and nobody would want to be a keeper!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i've changed to the system Andrew put up and we'll see what happens....