Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: What's going on?

  1. #1
    State Captain Dizzy #4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,509

    What's going on?

    I keep wondering why the hell the keepers lose points easier....

    This is how the first game went (Swell vs Dyamino)

    I only one goal let thorugh by a little mistake from the back and 8 very good saves warrnets me -138, yet Cameron, who made 4 saves and conceeded 2 goals got only -35! WTF?

    Let's look at the performances

    Cameron 4 saved 1 conceeded -50, Donald 5 saved 2 conceeded -95
    Richie 5 saved 2 conceeded -100, Dunn 2 saved 1 conceeded -42
    Wright 3 saved 1 conceeded -58, Richie 5 saved 2 conceeded -95
    Jasotharan 8 saved 1 conceeded -138, Cameron 4 saved 2 conceeded -56
    Dunn no saves none conceeded 75, Hingston 8 saved 2 conceeded -90
    Donald 6 saves 3 conceeded -108, Jasotharan 12 saved 4 conceeded -220

    How does this work? Does it have to be a clean sheet only? Because if it is, I can't see much improvement for the keepers!
    Jason Gillespie = Best Bowler and Batsman of South Australia
    CW Record Stats http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=23910

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    That Glorious Moustache
    Posts
    20,160
    Also note that Dunn gained points for pretty much not having to do anything with no saves required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  3. #3
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Blewy's got the ability points in the league.dat screwed
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  4. #4
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    CWL not going to look good come internationals with very bad keepers
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

    Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata



    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    I agree there, it's very difficult to keep a clean sheet and if we get severly punished everytime we let a goal in it's quite silly. Dunn the best of the keepers so far though.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    That Glorious Moustache
    Posts
    20,160
    Thats due to the fact that he's had a clean sheet. However, i can't see this happening often, especially if Fowards & Midfielders continue to pick up stat points at an alarming rate. Whatever the case, i'm sure it's something that CAN be fixed, and thats what we've got the pre-season for. Better to have it dealt with now, than half-way through the season when we start to get regular scorelines of 5-4 etc.

  7. #7
    International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,899
    im only the best cause we have a world class midfield and defence therefore leaving me to have a nap
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Blewy's got the ability points in the league.dat screwed
    Actually Andrew i dont, i have the exact ones who you set up...

    Abilities:
    AB_Goal = 50
    AB_Assist = 40
    AB_Victory_Random = 10
    AB_Clean_Sheet = 75
    AB_Ktk = 35
    AB_Kps = 20
    AB_Sht_On = 20
    AB_Sht_Off = 10
    AB_Sav = 20
    AB_OG = -8
    AB_Defeat_Random = -5
    AB_Concede = -10
    AB_Yellow = -2
    AB_Red = -10

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,468
    from the stats it looks like the sav thing must have a minus.

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    from the stats it looks like the sav thing must have a minus.
    It doesn't, thats copied directly from the actual file...

    im not sure what it is thats wrong.. Just have to keep searching..

  11. #11
    rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Holland
    Posts
    26,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    It doesn't, thats copied directly from the actual file...

    im not sure what it is thats wrong.. Just have to keep searching..
    Try setting it to -20 and see what happens?
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

    I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

    -jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

  12. #12
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Ill give it a try

    Worst case scenario if we work it out in the pre-season what we can do is reset all keepers back to their original stats for the season start...

  13. #13
    International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere.
    Posts
    2,173
    or knock the concede back to -5 and see how that goes...

  14. #14
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Actually Andrew i dont, i have the exact ones who you set up...

    Abilities:
    AB_Goal = 50
    AB_Assist = 40
    AB_Victory_Random = 10
    AB_Clean_Sheet = 75
    AB_Ktk = 35
    AB_Kps = 20
    AB_Sht_On = 20
    AB_Sht_Off = 10
    AB_Sav = 20
    AB_OG = -8
    AB_Defeat_Random = -5
    AB_Concede = -10
    AB_Yellow = -2
    AB_Red = -10
    Yeah it's because Skill_Abs is set to 1 or 2 which turns it on. What it does is subtract their ability from their ability points. So if a keeper with 35 keeping makes a save he gets 20 ability points, but he gets -15 because it's subtracted form his skill. It's a good idea to keep it on but the league.dat I sent you was from EFM where we used skills of 1-20 and it's set up accordingly. I worked out what I thought what a reasonable system after a few trials. But then when you took over simming I forgot to tell you that you needed to change all of it. Hopefully you're getting used to the sim though. Anyway here's what I had, I think I've run it by you before actually but I doubt it meant much to you then lol:

    Abilities:
    AB_Goal = 100
    AB_Assist = 100
    AB_Victory_Random = 30
    AB_Clean_Sheet = 100
    AB_Ktk = 75
    AB_Kps = 30
    AB_Sht_On = 30
    AB_Sht_Off = 15
    AB_Sav = 75
    AB_OG = -8
    AB_Defeat_Random = -10
    AB_Concede = -10
    AB_Yellow = -2
    AB_Red = -10

    Also here are the age parameters I worked on:

    AB_AGE_DEP_15 = 1.5
    AB_AGE_DEP_16 = 1.4
    AB_AGE_DEP_17 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_18 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_19 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_20 = 1.1
    AB_AGE_DEP_22 = 1
    AB_AGE_DEP_30 = 0.9
    AB_AGE_DEP_32 = 0.8
    AB_AGE_DEP_34 = 0.7
    AB_AGE_DEP_36 = 0.6
    AB_AGE_DEP_37 = 0.5
    AB_AGE_DEP_38 = 0.4
    AB_AGE_DEP_39 = 0.3
    AB_AGE_DEP_40 = 0.2
    AB_SKI_DEP_1 = 2

    I hope you know how to use rerates as well as they're crucial in simulating training.
    Last edited by Cloete; 02-11-2006 at 08:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Yeah it's because Skill_Abs is set to 1 or 2 which turns it on. What it does is subtract their ability from their ability points. So if a keeper with 35 keeping makes a save he gets 20 ability points, but he gets -15 because it's subtracted form his skill. It's a good idea to keep it on but the league.dat I sent you was from EFM where we used skills of 1-20 and it's set up accordingly. I worked out what I thought what a reasonable system after a few trials. But then when you took over simming I forgot to tell you that you needed to change all of it. Hopefully you're getting used to the sim though. Anyway here's what I had, I think I've run it by you before actually but I doubt it meant much to you then lol:

    Abilities:
    AB_Goal = 100
    AB_Assist = 100
    AB_Victory_Random = 30
    AB_Clean_Sheet = 100
    AB_Ktk = 75
    AB_Kps = 30
    AB_Sht_On = 30
    AB_Sht_Off = 15
    AB_Sav = 75
    AB_OG = -8
    AB_Defeat_Random = -10
    AB_Concede = -10
    AB_Yellow = -2
    AB_Red = -10

    Also here are the age parameters I worked on:

    AB_AGE_DEP_15 = 1.5
    AB_AGE_DEP_16 = 1.4
    AB_AGE_DEP_17 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_18 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_19 = 1.2
    AB_AGE_DEP_20 = 1.1
    AB_AGE_DEP_22 = 1
    AB_AGE_DEP_30 = 0.9
    AB_AGE_DEP_32 = 0.8
    AB_AGE_DEP_34 = 0.7
    AB_AGE_DEP_36 = 0.6
    AB_AGE_DEP_37 = 0.5
    AB_AGE_DEP_38 = 0.4
    AB_AGE_DEP_39 = 0.3
    AB_AGE_DEP_40 = 0.2
    AB_SKI_DEP_1 = 2

    I hope you know how to use rerates as well as they're crucial in simulating training.
    Andy,

    Im gonna need to speak to you on MSN about this... Can you tell me a good time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •