• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friendly

Dravid

International Captain
Will we have friendly games for CWXI international team during season one of the domestic competition?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
At this stage its not likely to happen during the season, as our main focus will be the league, however at the end of the season we will look towards a few friendlies as our introduction to International Football..

Dravid

International Captain
I say tour India. Packed crowd of 120,000 would show up to watch the games. btw has that stadium ever been sold out before for a match?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aren't we in Oceania? So surely it's more realistic if some of the Pacific Islanders play us first as we have no reputation on the international stage as yet.

Perm

We are in Oceania, so games against some of the Pacific Island teams like Niue, Cook Islands and Tahiti would be more realistic than touring Asia. Shouldn't be long before we can knock over the Socceroo's.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Perm said:
We are in Oceania, so games against some of the Pacific Island teams like Niue, Cook Islands and Tahiti would be more realistic than touring Asia. Shouldn't be long before we can knock over the Socceroo's.
We're going to have to play them loads in WC qualifiers and the Oceania Cup (or whatever it is). May as well play some sides we won't see too much of.

Matteh

Jungle Jumbo said:
We're going to have to play them loads in WC qualifiers and the Oceania Cup (or whatever it is). May as well play some sides we won't see too much of.
Realistically though, you have to play teams in your own region first.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With so many young players in the competition, is there any possibility of having an Under 20s and 23s teams.Would probably allow us to be more competitve at International at the junior ranks. As it going to be a couple season before most of our players are ready to play at 'NZ standard', at senior level.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
With so many young players in the competition, is there any possibility of having an Under 20s and 23s teams.Would probably allow us to be more competitve at International at the junior ranks. As it going to be a couple season before most of our players are ready to play at 'NZ standard', at senior level.
It could be looked at.. I guess alot depends on the popularity of the season itself..

Dravid

International Captain
Blewy said:
It could be looked at.. I guess alot depends on the popularity of the season itself..
If that does happen then I nominate my self as a captain in advance.