• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Tournament Details Announced

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
CWFA today announced the groups for its Pre-Season tournament.

The Tournament still without a sponsor will involve all 6 teams set to take part in the innaugural Cricketweb Premier League.

The Teams will be split into 2 Groups of 3 with the winners of each group playing off in the Final. The 2nd place teams in the group will playoff for 3rd and 4th, whilst the 3rd place teams in the Group will playoff for 5th and 6th.

The Tournament is more about taking the game to the grass roots level as well as giving all teams an equal opportunity to ready themselves for the upcoming season.

The Groups for the Tournament are:

Group A

East Coast Fury
Central United
Southern Stallions

Group B

Northside Power
Western Dynamo
Island Swell

Fixtures will be released shortly...

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Also Blewy how'd you figure out the groups?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Groups were put together by areas really

North/West/Island

South/East/Central

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Conveniently the Island Swell have been keep well away from Central United.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Groups were put together by areas really

North/West/Island

South/East/Central
Hmm, I guess it makes sense but from the games Ive been running the 2 best teams are in the same group

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
ash chaulk said:
Oceania i think
Indeed.

Pre-season won't count for anything really...
Blimey. International games will be fun then...Island Swell 8-0 Sobou, CWLand 7-0 Tahiti...at least we get to play in the Mickey Mouse Cup for continental champions.

Easy group though. Dynamo will be the hardest challenge.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Blimey. International games will be fun then...Island Swell 8-0 Sobou, CWLand 7-0 Tahiti...at least we get to play in the Mickey Mouse Cup for continental champions.

Easy group though. Dynamo will be the hardest challenge.
actually stats wise we will struggle internationally i think....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
actually stats wise we will struggle internationally i think....
Then give us some opposition that'll actually make us struggle, instead of islands with a combined population smaller than Oslo.

(Yes, New Zealand might pwn us.)