• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official CW Football Signup Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You've got to be kidding me. If you can do that, I can change all the stats in my side.

"Hey Mat Currie, can you up your shooting and age. You'll walk right into the National side man, do it."

You'd love that.

You've got to be kidding me. If you can do that, I can change all the stats in my side.

"Hey Mat Currie, can you up your shooting and age. You'll walk right into the National side man, do it."

You'd love that.
But I did it before I actually started playing and I did not know how to do it anyway as explained by me missing 9 points.

Tharmi just helped me by saying what he wanted and I went by that as I would not mind joining a decent bloke like Tharmi's team.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

You'd love that.
TBH, and without wanting to be controversial twice in a day, I agree with the above.

I dont get how the people at the top of the signing board get to design their next player. Guys should sign up and be either accepted or declined. Simple as.

Changing stats as a condition of being accepted to a team isnt on.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
TBH, and without wanting to be controversial twice in a day, I agree with the above.

I dont get how the people at the top of the signing board get to design their next player. Guys should sign up and be either accepted or declined. Simple as.

Changing stats as a condition of being accepted to a team isnt on.
Agreed.

Well tbh there is nowhere saying you can't I think it would be utterly unfair if I had to change them now so Im staying firm the last time I posted my stats is how I want them.

I agree sort of in some people's case that it could be wrong but there is nothing stopping it at this minute.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well tbh there is nowhere saying you can't I think it would be utterly unfair if I had to change them now so Im staying firm the last time I posted my stats is how I want them.

I agree sort of in some people's case that it could be wrong but there is nothing stopping it at this minute.
As much as it doesn't you can't do it, it doesn't say you can do it either. Also, if we're trying to have any realism, you don't see Lucas Neill suddenely changing from Good Defender, to Gun striker in a matter minutes because Liverpool (where he's looking to move to) are having trouble in front of goal.

The original stats you posted, and perhaps the 1st lot after that (when you realised you didn't use all the available stat) should be the only valid ones, and all others afterwards should be disconsidered. A) Because not only is it unfair on those other captains who have taken new sign-ups, but also to the other players who may want to change their stats to fill a hole in their team.

I can garuntee that if it's allowed, the PA rep will be called into the matter.

I don't see the problem with it tbh I have not played a match so it hasn't had any affect on anything and after talking to the captain he has said I only have a chance of joining them if I do this I have done that as I want to join that team absolutely no problem with it imo.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Players had an option of changing their stats at the start of the season, to make themselves better and many used that option. So its not like no one has done it before, im pretty one of those guys was Dan Smith. I don't see how this is any different.

First of all he didn't allocate all his points, like couple of the last sign ups. So i just told him he had an extra eight points to use. Then just suggested a way for him to become a better player in ESMS. At the end of the day it was his final decision to have which stats he wanted.

I don't see why players can't change their stats before they play their first game, we all got the option at the start, so why can't newbies. And if people are going to tell me that captains didn't influence players to change their stats, then i'll pull some posts made by Kev and Smith. We might have taken it to a different level by incouraging Justin to have 30 passing, but im confident i did it all in the rules of the game.

I'll give you another situation where captains in CW Cricket have asked their players to change from being a spin bowler to fast bowler. All i did in theory was ask Justin to go from being a box to box midfielder as we have Manju for that role to be an out and out play maker, which is what our club needed, just like those clubs needed fast bowlers not spinners.

Last edited:

Johnners

Players had an option of changing their stats at the start of the season, to make themselves better and many used that option. So its not like no one has done it before, im pretty one of those guys was Dan Smith. I don't see how this is any different.

First of all he didn't allocate all his points, like couple of the last sign ups. So i just told him he had an extra eight points to use. Then just suggested a way for him to become a better player in ESMS. At the end of the day it was his final decision to have which stats he wanted.

I don't see why players can't change their stats before they play their first game, we all got the option at the start, so why can't newbies. And if people are going to tell me that captains didn't influence players to change their stats, then i'll pull some posts made by Kev and Smith. We might have taken it to a different level by incouraging Justin to have 30 passing, but im confident i did it all in the rules of the game.

I'll give you another situation where captains in CW Cricket have asked their players to change from being a spin bowler to fast bowler. All i did in theory was ask Justin to go from being a box to box midfielder as we have Manju for that role to be an out and out play maker, which is what our club needed, just like those clubs needed fast bowlers not spinners.
Point me to where it says that CW Football has anything to do with CW Cricket??

It's a fair point that Rodgie didn't use his full quota of stats with his 1st post, but then for him to continuously change them again at your request is a bit raw. This should mean that next time someone signs up, the team first in line can completely change their stats to suit there team, which is quite simply wrong. Players should be chosen on what the sign up us, otherwise whats the point of having the draft order as we do now??

Also, i think you'll find a post from Blewy as well that mentions no more player stat changes, barring aggression, now that the season has started.

Johnners

Updated mate

A Reminder to everyone else... This is the last chance to be able to update your stats... Once the Pre-Season is underway there will be no Stats alterations for ANYONE!!!!
Northen Power FC had their chance to change their players stats before the season just as everyone else did. No-one has done it since then for the simple fact that this post prohibits it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Point me to where it says that CW Football has anything to do with CW Cricket??

It's a fair point that Rodgie didn't use his full quota of stats with his 1st post, but then for him to continuously change them again at your request is a bit raw. This should mean that next time someone signs up, the team first in line can completely change their stats to suit there team, which is quite simply wrong. Players should be chosen on what the sign up us, otherwise whats the point of having the draft order as we do now??

Also, i think you'll find a post from Blewy as well that mentions no more player stat changes, barring aggression, now that the season has started.
From my understanding that only applies to current players. I don't see why new players can't change their stats before they sign up and its not like this is the first time a captain has encouraged a player to change their stats eg:

Matt Luff: went from 17 ST to 25 ST
Dan Smith: went from 25 ST to 33 ST
M Hutchinson: went from 17 ST to 30 ST
Hak: went from 17 PS to 23 PS
Greg Thomas: went from a keeper to forward to midfielder to suit the teams needs

No one said anything at all about these changes and IMO no one would have said anything about Justin's changes is i did it by msn and email like im sure the other captains.

Also its not like he changed his stats dramatically, he always was a midfielder. At the end of the day, if he didn't want the stats he didn't have to pick them. Justin had the final say.

Really if the guys above could all change their stats like they did i see no reason why newbie can't do the same before they play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.