• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official CW Football Signup Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Northen Power FC had their chance to change their players stats before the season just as everyone else did. No-one has done it since then for the simple fact that this post prohibits it.
The difference is he hadn't played a game, so i can't see why he can't change his stats until his entered in the database.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, i will be looking into and discussing this with the relevant people... Personally i think its against the spirit of the draft system for people to be asked to change their stats...

If this practice is going to continue then i will automatically allocate players to teams and not allow people to pass on players..

As for Rodgie this issue will be put on hold for the moment and a decision will be made on the issue soon...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The difference is he hadn't played a game, so i can't see why he can't change his stats until his entered in the database.
As i said before, whats the use of having a draft system if players are able to change their stats according to what the 1st club in the order requires them to be.

I'm sure if Fox, who just joined the stallions after all other captains passed him who, would've been snapped up straight away if this were the case.

Aussiedominance said:
Well if we do that we better change Smith and Co's stats as well.
The difference being they were allowed to alter stats up until the season started. You've joined in the middle of the season. Then you made a stuff up when you 1st signed up, which is no-ones fault apart from your own, and have then changed your stats twice more after that. Technically, you should be judged on the original stats that you posted.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm not looking for a fight about this, but I'm of the opinion that what he originally posted after being made aware of missing 8 points is what he should be considered as.

Yes, I encouraged players to edit themselves. When it was legal. Argue all you want with the morals of it but the fact of the matter is that it was allowed then and isn't allowed now. And just to clarify, Greg was asked to change his stats to suit himself, not the team. If he stayed as a keeper he'd have been benched for the whole season and that's not what I wanted.

Majin

International Debutant
You mentioned it being his decision at the end of the day, but with you there telling him "do this and you'll walk into the national team" it's pretty obvious that you're dangling a carrot in front of him to get what you want for your team. cba to go back and check the situations but I'm pretty sure most of the stat changes mentioned were done by the players themselves wanting to change to what they wanted to before the deadline, and not doing what they're told by someone who wants them in their team for a specific role. Should stick with his first adjusted stats after sorting out his 63 point thing and then northside can decide if they want him or not, imho.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Name: Dylan Jellett
Forum Name: DJellett
E-Mail: live_element@hotmail.com
Goal Keeping Skill: 1
Tackling: 5
Passing: 21
Shooting: 13
Aggression: 30

Postion: CAM

Though I do wonder, are there any manegerial postions available? That would be of far more interest to me...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just ban Rodgie for being a ****** and not being able to count properly. Jeez, 8 or 9 points off, dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.