• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Update

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Guys,

Just to give an update of whats going on...

Captains are currently being offered positions at the 6 Clubs..

East Coast Fury
Western Dynamo
Central United
Southern Stallions
Northside Power
Island Swell

All Clubs are based on the regions in and around CW Land..

Once this is done, people will be allocated into sides.. Captains will be able to select leadership groups to assist with their roles in the game. Captains and their leadership groups will then be able to select who they wish to sign as a marquee player. After which the squads will be topped up with other players to fill the squads to a decent level..

Any questions or comments let fly...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I wouldn't mind playing for Northside, even though that will probably have no bearing on which team I get assigned. :p

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
We will take preferences into account, but obviously teams will need to be made as even as possible to start off with so some may not get what they want..

Dravid

International Captain
True that, I really don't care where I end up but I wouldn't mind the Western Dynamo. Where ever I end up imma bring my A game.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Island Swell :laugh: which genius came up with that?
I came up with 5 of them and Goffy came up with East Coast Fury. You try thinking of something for the Island. It was out of Waves, Rips, Tides, Swell or Breakers.

Besides, you're now going to play for them

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy31 said:
Can't wait, have the captains been decided yet?
3 of the 6 captains have been decided, still waiting on 3 more people to respond to offers from the FA...

All will be named when all are filled...

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
3 of the 6 captains have been decided, still waiting on 3 more people to respond to offers from the FA...

All will be named when all are filled...
4 of them now. Much to Borcich's delight.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope the sim's better than the names you chose. Seriously though, top work boys. Hopefully people get into it and enjoy it.

EDIT: Let the link in David's sig be a motivator.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
I came up with 5 of them and Goffy came up with East Coast Fury. You try thinking of something for the Island. It was out of Waves, Rips, Tides, Swell or Breakers.

Besides, you're now going to play for them
Breakers wouldve being better IMO

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
agreed pinchy... swell sounds a little... unsportingish... all the same, it's only a name... can't wait to get started...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
An update..

5 of the 6 teams have been assigned captains, just waiting on the response from 1 person who was offered a captaincy spot...

Once this is done we will be able to allocate players to teams...