• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Update

Majin

International Debutant
Just a question, do we get more skill points as we age? Like, how 20-22 year olds start with 45 and 23-26 have 50.

Cloete

International Captain
Majin said:
Just a question, do we get more skill points as we age? Like, how 20-22 year olds start with 45 and 23-26 have 50.
No but players recieve training (younger players train better) and players get skill points for things like goals, tackles, assists, saves, clean sheets etc. You get Ability points for each skill (so say for Shooting you have 20, you then have SAB out of 1000) and when they reach 1000 it resets to 1 and the skill for the ability pops (so you get 1000 SAB's with 20 Shooting, you go down to 1 SAB and 21 shooting). So players progress obviously.

It'll all be explained in detail when you guys all see the rosters (which is likely to be tomorrow).

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:
Good stuff.

So the player lists will be up tonight?
The squads will be released sometime tonight, after which each team will select a Marquee player, and also be allocated a pool of created players to fill the squads...

The Created players will slowly filter out as the numbers increase..

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Blewy said:
The squads will be released sometime tonight, after which each team will select a Marquee player, and also be allocated a pool of created players to fill the squads...

The Created players will slowly filter out as the numbers increase..

Sounds great :)

Majin

International Debutant
Cloete said:
No but players recieve training (younger players train better) and players get skill points for things like goals, tackles, assists, saves, clean sheets etc. You get Ability points for each skill (so say for Shooting you have 20, you then have SAB out of 1000) and when they reach 1000 it resets to 1 and the skill for the ability pops (so you get 1000 SAB's with 20 Shooting, you go down to 1 SAB and 21 shooting). So players progress obviously.

It'll all be explained in detail when you guys all see the rosters (which is likely to be tomorrow).
Ah right, sounds good, cheers for that. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
For any Northside fans wanting to know our training ground and headquaters are located at Greater Robbham, across the road from the CW Bar. Our current home ground is Pickford Reserve, but we are building a Football Ground at East Robbham, which should be finished after the pre season tournment.

Cloete

International Captain
Goughy said:
Have we decided which cities/towns are going to be the bases for the teams?

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=624059&postcount=1

Also any idea what the average attendance might be? Im getting a little too into this and Im thinking about our stadium :D
Yep I've got stadiums done.

Northside Power: Robbham Arena
Southern Stallions: Edfield Stadium
Western Dynamo: Pickford Park
East Coast Fury: Cricket Web Stadium (Nixonstown)
Central United: Twybridge Road
Island Swell: Clowich Stadium

Cloete

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
We'd prefer not to be linked with Neil Pickup, Mayor of Pickford ;)
Well it's difficult not to be when he built the stadium with his own bare hands :p

Just don't come yelling to the FA when the Eastern Stand collapses. The same could be said of the Northern, Western and Southern stands. I hear lego doesn't hold weight as nicely as reinforced concrete.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I hear discussions are underway with GACC to build the swell a new stadium to replace the old Clowich. The builders will not be multiplex

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah there will be a pre-season Tournament hopefully starting soon...

I need to sort a few things out with Cloete and Steds before it happens though..