• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Week 29: Stuttgart; Båstad; Manta CH

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Season II Mercedes Cup
Stuttgart,
Germany
PTA World Tour 250
Clay

Past Champions:
Season I: Daniel Páez Blanco def. Illya Altman, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4
Season II Swedish Open
Båstad,
Sweden
Clay

Past Champions:
Season I: Jefferson Drake def. Carlo Amato, 6-2, 6-2
Season II Manta Open
Manta,
Ecuador
Hard

Past Champions:
Season I: Randy Bruce def. Jojo Mustard, 7-6(5), 3-6, 7-5
Roy Daniels will rest.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mustard off to Ecuador. This time hopefully reversing the final result of Season 1.

P.S. Good to see this still going...:)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't think top 20 players can play Challengers IRL, unless it's the 2nd week of a slam or the 2nd week of a Masters.
I'm not actually sure if that is a rule - I can't find it anywhere. Still, the only time I remember it happening was Wawrinka a couple of years back before Wimbledon where he played Lugano instead of a grass warm up or something.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not actually sure if that is a rule - I can't find it anywhere. Still, the only time I remember it happening was Wawrinka a couple of years back before Wimbledon where he played Lugano instead of a grass warm up or something.
Wawrinka was ranked #24 at the time IIRC.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
2009 he was ranked 18, but he might have been lower on the entry list. I'm not sure whether there is a rule so much as a recognition that it isn't worth it.

morgieb

Nathaliia from MTF said:
Apparently I am not sure, but I think players 11-20 ATP can receive WC only during second weeks of slams and to Sunrise challenger (Sunrise wasn't played this season though)

Players 21-50 can play with a Wild Card.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong... (but I think I'm not :p)

I agree with you Tomas shouldn't even bother as he has stuff to defend at Wimbledon, full focus on grass and not on beer in Prostejov.
That's just someone posting without significant knowledge though.

morgieb

2009 he was ranked 18, but he might have been lower on the entry list. I'm not sure whether there is a rule so much as a recognition that it isn't worth it.
Finished the year as #21. Then again, Mustard I think was outside the top 20 before this season.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Season II Swedish Open – Men's Singles
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jefferson Drake was the defending champion but decided not to participate.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Season II MercedesCup – Men's Singles
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daniel Páez Blanco was the defending champion but decided not to participate.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Season II Manta Open
PTA CHALLENGER TOUR - 1st Round - Manta,
Ecuador - Hard

• Top seed Ishan Naranghas made a winning start to his tournament in Manta with a three-set win over England's Scott Whitehouse. It looked easy for Narang in the first set which he took 6-1, but the left-handed Brit fought back well to ensure the match would go to a deciding third set with some good serving and crafty volleying. Neither man faltered on serve until 5-5 in the third before Narang finally shot clear to secure a 6-1, 4-6, 7-5 win. He now meets World No. 394 Michael Chalá who beat fellow local wildcard Wilson Silva 6-4, 6-1.

• The other CWLander in action was young qualifier Morgan Burridge. Drawn against World No. 134 Néstor Moreno, Burridge acquitted himself well despite being unable to pick up a victory. The local player took the first set 6-2, but had it tougher in the second as he let a 5-3 lead slip and was forced to win the match in a tiebreaker. He did that well - storming to victory 6-2, 7-6(0).

• Seeded players out: None.