Yeah, he lives in Manchester
Yeah, he lives in Manchester
A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS
Originally Posted by Bertolt Brecht
I even capitalised it to try and stop people making that joke
Serbia Open II
PTA Tour 250 - Final - Belgrade, Serbia - Clay (Red)
- Second seed Radivoj Daneu has successfully defended his title in Serbia and stays inside the top ten following a 6-2, 6-4 win over American Morgan Carter. More...
- Seeded players out: Morgan Carter.Estoril Open II
PTA Tour 250 - Final - Estoril, Portugal - Clay (Red)
- For the third time this season, Sven Oxenstierna has lifted a title at the end of the week following a straight sets win over Scandi-born opponent Kim Vollan in Estoril. Extending his fine clay form even further, Oxenstierna fought back from a break down in the first set to claim the Estoril Open and claw slightly closer to the World No. 4 ranking. Down 0-3, Oxenstierna was tested for the first time this week as he battled against the Norwegian's power. Vollan looked intent on marking his return to the tour with a title, but soon found himself in trouble of his own as Oxenstierna broke back with a typical workhorse attitude. Gone are the choking fits of last year as a professional Oxenstierna broke again late in the set and then charged through the second in just over half an hour. His 7-5, 6-2 win sees him gain 160 points on the PTA Tour rankings, and the race to the No. 3 spot will be decided by who defends finals points from Roland Garros and Wimbledon between he and Radek Špidlá.
- Seeded players out: Kim Vollan.
First to three titles this year by my count.
Singles titles, yep.
It also takes the West out in front of overall titles this season with 10 (5 sinlges, 5 doubles). Brazil are second with nine (all doubles, pretty much all February).
BMW Open II
PTA Tour 250 - Final - Munich, Germany - Clay (Red)
- Jarkko Maxum has failed in his bid for a maiden tour crown; going down in straight sets to local Becker Haas in Munich. Maxum had been in marvellous form all week, but against his first seed and on the big stage he clearly suffered from nerves in a disappointing opening set. Haas dominated from the baseline and looked in total control at 3-1 in the second set before Maxum finally hit his stride and forced it to a decider. But at 3-3, the German broke away to bring up three championship points. He needed two of them as Maxum blasted the first one down the line and the second one wide to hand Haas his first title of the year 6-1, 7-6(4). It isn't all bad news for Maxum as he rises to a career high No. 40, though a win would have seen him rise four spots more.
- Seeded players out: Jarkko Maxum.
Cricketweb Colts Captain
I'm a member of Club KerryOriginally Posted by Richard
The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)