• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sign-ups

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

Okay, that's perhaps a little over the top....

As you are no doubt aware, this has been off and on for a while now but I still like doing this and get a kick out of it. I think reducing the number of doubles events makes it far more managable and probably more enjoyable for you guys as half of them didn't have good CWLand teams in them anyway. But part of the reason this fell away last time was because of a lack of activity - partly because it was a Masters event and partly because it was so long between drinks.

For this to continue in the future I probably need more active players. To do this I'm going to be looking for new players (or even some of the older ones) to increase the number of people we have. I think part of the problem for new guys is that as soon as they sign up, they get stuck with an unranked character that despite my best efforts still takes half a season to be competitive. So, my answer to that is to allow new players to take over existing players and convert them to a CWLand nationality. It won't be the best players, but certainly guys ranked around 50-150 who are at least going to be playing some of the bigger tournaments. Once allocated an existing player, I'll give you a short biography in the media thread about their achievements, past tournaments, etc. Obviously they also have the choice of going through the minor tournaments like everybody else.

Furthermore, if any existing players are interested they can also take control over another player. They won't be converted to a CWLand nationality, but you can choose where they play and it gives you someone else to concentrate on when your player inevitable bombs out. I'm guessing that those who have been here since way back in 2008 may want to take over the schedule of someone they signed up with, but you can make your requests or just ask for someone random.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions? I'm keen on making this work again.

SIGN-UP FORM: NEW PLAYERS
Username:
Preferred Nationality:
Preferred Speciality:
(Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors)

OR

Simming Name:
Hometown:
Speciality:
(Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors)

Short Bio:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be great to have it back. Not too many of the original sign-ups are still knocking around though, so definitely there's a need for some new blood.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For the record, of the currently active players here are some of the guys you signed up with:

NUFAN: Sergio Joaquín, Miroslav Brdar, Henrikk Henrikkson, Zoltán Varga.
HDS: Murphy S'ua, Hayden Onwye, Ross Onwye.
Vimes: Niko Ulemek, Stipo Vučemilović, Lari Färkkilä, Tom Vollan, Eric Henson, David Lebègue, Takis Georgilas.
Clapo: Roman Dorogan, Darcy Cowan, Azgin Erdi, Ion Andueza, Boris Denisov.
Jamee: Gjorgji Dinov, Davis Kennedy, Michael De Kinsele, Jean-Alain Depuis.
Mister Wright: Dwayne Murdoch, Akihiko Veno, Becker Haas.

Mister Wright

Love this game. Happy to contribute. I'd like to control the destiny of Pat Hewitt.

Perhaps a way to make it more realistic, is we could be coaches that have control over 2 or even 3 players. Just an idea (and probably not a good one).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Love this game. Happy to contribute. I'd like to control the destiny of Pat Hewitt.

Perhaps a way to make it more realistic, is we could be coaches that have control over 2 or even 3 players. Just an idea (and probably not a good one).
I like that idea. Honestly, I'm up for anything if it means increasing participation in this because it is the interaction and the trash talking that makes it (as it did for CWXI).

HeathDavisSpeed

I always keep an eye out for the Onwye Brothers. Bought a few books from Ross before as it happens. And good old Murph. The Samoan tennis player. Yeah, right!!

ripper868

International Coach
I'm keen to bring Maxum out of singles retirement if that helps...just give me a heads up when things are kicking off again :)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that'd be cool. Maxum and Korpinen the ones to really get hit by a reduction in doubles, but still have decent singles rankings anyway.

Johnners

I like that idea. Honestly, I'm up for anything if it means increasing participation in this because it is the interaction and the trash talking that makes it (as it did for CWXI).
Very much like this idea.

Happy to take control of Roman Dorogan & Azgin Erdi

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Is it OK if I sign up?

If so: Simming Name - Julian Clipton-Marshall
Hometown - Cambridge (well, City technically, but what the hell)
Age - 23
Handedness - Left-handed
Speciality - Grass Courts

Biography: A throwback to a bygone age, young Clipton-Marshall,a man reputedly of considerable breeding stock and educated at the traditional upper-class networks of Eton and Cambridge, and a three-time Blue at Tennis, Racquets and Cricket, is now looking to make waves in his preferred sport of Lawn Tennis. Clipton-Marshall is primarily a grass-courts player, however he has also shown himself to be an excellent doubles player, where his fantastic volleying ability comes more into play. He has a reputation as being very erratic, but his lefty serve-and-volley game is capable of destroying the very best "on his day". On and off the court, Clipton-Marshall is quite the character; he certainly does his best to live up to his "eccentric aristocrat" image with his haughty on-court mannerisms, and is reputed to lead a somewhat playboy lifestyle when he's not playing tennis. If and when he settles down, though, there's no reason that Clipton-Marshall can't be a Top 10 player at least.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to sign up as well-

Simming Name:Ishan Narang
Hometown: Delhi,India
Handedness: Right
Speciality: (Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors) Grass

Short Bio: A big server who has a great Forehand and likes to play quick,short points.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simming Name: Morgan Burridge
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
Speciality: (Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors) - Hard

Short Bio: A man who's serve isn't great, but has a lethal backhand and can pressure the opponents into making dud shots. Not seen as a junior star but his unorthdoxness will make his game interesting.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
ftr, morgieb will take over Brett Read of West CWLand and Cevno will take over Suryakant Singh who is renamed Ishan Narang.

Matt121

Cricket Spectator
Simming Name: Matthew Smart
Hometown: Hobart, Australia
Speciality: (Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors) - Grass

Short Bio: Even though he's small he has a quick serve and likes to play very long points

Shri

Mr. Glass
Simming Name: Shri
Hometown: Chennai, India
Handedness: Left
Speciality: HARD! Like not containable in a 2 ton underwear hard.

Short Bio: **** with a capital C.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SBI is this what you want me to do?:

Simming Name: Jay Ono
Hometown: Rabat, Morocco
Handedness: Left
Speciality: (Hard, Clay, Grass, Indoors) - Clay

Short Bio: Has a lasso-forehand