Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

KickUps Champion!
    Wow really great work there. Really loving the detail and everything so far!

Awesome stuff so far.

Mitcheh feeling lucky he didn't run into my Belarusian might IMO.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Superb write up mate

TBF I'm glad it was Heath who knocked me out though, yet disappointed that i couldn't manage a single point in the final set
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchy81 View Post
    Superb write up mate

TBF I'm glad it was Heath who knocked me out though, yet disappointed that i couldn't manage a single point in the final set
    You could have had the match in straight sets as well. A classic match of tennis.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

It's Jamee Hancianu. 2 e's. But damn good start to this
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post

The following decided to sit these tournaments out and will play at Sydney or Auckland.
    [LIST][*]Caresh Mahboob
    Sydney for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Sydney aswell please. Awesome stuff SBI.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Yeah, Sydney as well.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Request Your Custom Title Now! NUFAN's Avatar
    Woot!!! Wildcard for Bowenburg at the Chennai Open, pumped!

Heading to Auckland before my Australia Open campaign btw.
    Last edited by NUFAN; 14-09-2008 at 08:08 AM.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Not sure how the players plan the trip from Clowich to Cincinnati, btw. Could be nasty with time zones and such.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

Doha; Chennai; Brisbane (R32) - Jan 5-11 Season I

Qatar ExxonMobil Open
    Round of 32 - Doha

Competition Details
    Draw - Top Half
    Draw - Bottom Half

CWLand qualifier Jefferson Drake impressed all by making it through to the round of 16 on the opening day at Doha in the Qatar ExxonMobil Open. Drake came up against Chilean namesake Jefferson Quezada and managed to come back from a set down for a terrific start to Season I. Quezada and the impressive Drake were rock solid on serve in the opening set and it was only fitting that it would go to a tiebreaker. Despite sticking close to his Chilean opponent, Drake double-faulted on set point to hand Quezada an important set. But the loss of the opening set seemed to only drive Drake who broke Quezada in the opening game of the second set. The break dented the 23-year old's confidence as he won just five more games for the match as Drake sealed a hardfought 6(6)-7 6-1 6-4 victory. Drake now faces a tougher challenge in the form of world number four Daniel Pćez Blanco.

The other CWLand player in the main draw was Mat Mitchell who fought valiantly but was ultimately upstaged by fifth seeded Ukranian Illya Altman. Despite being 34 years of age, Altman managed to stay ahead of the 22-year old youngster and blew him away in the opening set. But the younger legs threatened to cost Altman big time as Mitchell stormed back into the contest thanks to a tight second set tie breaker where Mitchell made Altman work for every point. But Altman was awake to Mitchell's tactics in the third and had little trouble in coasting through the third to seal a 6-2 6(3)-7 6-3 victory to send the CWer crashing out of the competition.

No seeded players fell in the opening round, though Chinese wonderkid Zhijun Sun was troubled by local qualifier Yousif Hassan as he dropped the first set. The Qatari had the crowd on side as he claimed the first set 7-5, before Zhijun found his touch and finished off the match despite spirited resistance 5-7 6-4 6-4. Elsewhere, Spanish lucky loser Ion Andueza produced the upset of the round to knock out world number 39 Gunther Heug in three sets - 2-6 7-6 6-3.

Seeds Out: None.

Chennai Open
    Round of 32 - Chennai

Competition Details
    Draw - Top Half
    Draw - Bottom Half

The only CWLand player in the main draw of the Chennai Open had a successful opening to his campaign as wildcard Rob Bowenburg took an impressive victory over fiery 21-year old youngster Andrej Konc. "The Lob" looked little match for his Slovakian opponent in the opening set as he was blown away in just twenty eight minutes, before he produced a stunning reversal of fortune to concede just three games in the following sets. "The Lob" targetted the weak backhand of Konc and used his serve-volley game to great effect to wipe the floor with the youngster - Konc eventually losing his temper and crushing one of his racquets on the Chennai court. In just over an hour-and-a-half, Bowenburg had run away a 2-6 6-1 6-2 winner. Bowenburg now faces seventh seeded Cypriot Takis Georgilas in the second round.

Whilst it was generally a good day for the seeds in Chennai, Macedonian Branko Arsov was disappointing in his straight sets loss to 21-year old Norwegian Haiku Morkel. Arsov stayed with Morkel to take the first set to a breaker, but his loss here cost him confidence as he put his shots back in his bag and was a mere passenger as Morkel ran out a 7-6(2) 6-3 victor. The local crowd had a lot to cheer about as wildcard Ashim Kumar breezed through his opening match against Britain's Oscar Highsmith. After falling in straight sets to Tom Velten in qualifying, Kumar set up a second round showdown with top seed Rick Henson with an awesome 6-2 6-0 win.

Seeds Out: 8-Branko Arsov (MKD)

Brisbane International
    Qualifiers - Brisbane

Competition Details
    Draw - Top Half
    Draw - Bottom Half

Jamee Hancianu completed a successful day for the citizens of CWLand with an upset victory over local favourite David Jones. Hancianu, who earned a wildcard following impressive showings in qualifying, never looked troubled by his 29-year old opponent as he took advantage of Jones' lack of real strengths to dictate the pace of the game. Despite pidgeon-holing himself as a clay court grinder, Hancianu showed he had the ability to force an issue as he took the initiative against Jones and more than doubled the winners scored by his older opponent. With a thunderous forehand off a second serve from Jones, Hancianu sealed an emphatic 6-4 6-2 win to book a second round showdown with another Australian - third seeded David Champion.

After also receiving a wildcard, Heath James will be disappointed with his match against Turkish qualifier Aksu Emrem. Davis would have hoped that his big serve could cause the Turkish workhorse troubles, but he was sorely mistaken if he believed his serve could do the job as Aksu had little trouble in returning most of his predictable service games. Despite a disappointing 3-6 3-6 loss, Davis produced a few moments of excitement for the modest crowd which included an exceptional diving volley at the net which earned him a service game and also a stint with the physio following his less than graceful crash into the turf.

Twin brother of world number two Rick Henson, Eric Henson would have high hopes about the start of his season but was given a difficult opening round match against Bulgarian Denis Isaev. In a hardfought match, the fifth seeded American would be aggrieved that he lost two tiebreakers to the 27-year old Isaev which ultimately proved to be his downfall over the course of three sets - the Bulgarian taking the match 7-6 4-6 7-6. In an all-Austrian showdown, it was the lesser known Zbiginiew Boniek who upset world number 22 Heinz Hainisch over the course of three sets. Boniek took the first set off the fourth seed by breaking in the penultimate game, before losing the plot completely in the second as his higher ranked compatriot threatened to run away with the match. But in a turnaround, Boniek raced through the decider to defeat the man two years his junior 7-5 2-6 6-1.

Seeds Out: 4-Heinz Hainisch (AUT); 5-Eric Henson (USA)

Injury update
    Roman Dorogan of Ukraine was forced to withdraw from the Qatar ExxonMobil Open with the flu. He will miss five days.

Yessssss, so gun.

If SBI has the commitment for the long haul this could be ridiculously epic. So much potential. Could become as big as CWXI imo.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    AWTA, top start SBI

Gutted I couldn't make it past the first round of the qualifiers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    I'd like to hit up Sydney in the next tournament if you please.
    Member of CW RED

Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions

Currently Managing: NSW

Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    I would like to participate in this!

Raghav Suryadevara
    New Zealand

Please tell me what to do?
    "When they had a plan for Cooky, I was telling him what they will do."

Moeen Ali helps England out by translating what Pakistan's players say in Urdu and Punjabi on the field.

Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information