Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2580

Thread: CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Wins-Losses

Total Win Percentage (ATP & Challengers)

Hard (ATP)

Clay (ATP)

Grass (ATP)

On the other side, the worst record at all levels goes to India's Harpreet Gupte at 0-8 (0-4 ATP, 0-4 Challenger). Russia's Evgeny Volkoff, meanwhile, went 0-6 at ATP to be the worst there.

The hard courts were particularly tough for Switzerland's Pascal Schmidt who went 6-16, whilst recently retired Vladimir Gryzlov went 6-15. Rob Bowenburg, a more competent hard courter, didn't have the results to show for his hard work as he went 8-14. From the higher ranked players, CWLand's Jamee Hancianu went 9-11 and Jean-Alain Depuis 10-16.

On clay, Chinese Taipei's Tu Haifeng struggled at 2-8, whilst Chile's Jefferson Quezada lost all five of his matches on the softer stuff. It is quite something also that Radek Spidla finished the year at three; his record a paltry 6-5 on clay and equal to Darcy Cowan.
    Last edited by SirBloody Idiot; 14-12-2009 at 06:08 AM.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot;2094649
    [SIZE=4
    Total Win Percentage (ATP & Challengers)[/SIZE]
    Enjoying this one

er sod
    Last edited by Magrat Garlick; 14-12-2009 at 06:09 AM.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Haha, actually these are the July stats. I'll edit in the real ones, and you won't be as pleased.

EDIT: That more accurately represents the late season slide.
    Last edited by SirBloody Idiot; 14-12-2009 at 06:08 AM.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Haha. Shows the shocking post-Wimbledon form nicely.

Tennis Magazine Yearly Review

Season I - Movers & Losers

Movers

Sven Oxenstierna
    We Ranked: NR; End Rank: 5
    All we knew about Sven Oxenstierna at the start of the season was that he had been signed to a contract to live in new oil nation CWLand for an undisclosed amount. Since then, his rise has been rapid starting with a fourth round appearance at the Australian Open as a qualifier. Oxenstierna grew from strength-to-strength as the season progressed, and undoubtedly the high was making it through to the final of Roland Garros where he took Daniel Páez Blanco to four sets. If there was one weakness in his game it was his performances in the late stages of tournaments; he managed just one title for the year despite three finals performances. Even if his late season form didn't match the start of the year, the Swedish-born Ox was a real revelation for CWLand.

Illya Altman
    WR:
    23; ER: 9
    The Ukrainian always had the potential to be a real threat on the circuit this year, but we didn't think he had enough weapons to compete with the world's best players. We were proved wrong as the softly-spoken East European quietly went about his business and more than once nearly became the first player to beat Blanco on clay. Whilst he didn't ever capture the 'big' title, he made a Grand Slam quarter final and claimed three titles to go close to New York.

Henry Charles
    WR: 176; ER: 15
    The Brit was one of our real ranking misfires as he came out of nowhere to at one stage be a top 10 quality player (peaking at No. 11). In the glimpses our reporters saw of him before this season, most criticisms were levelled at his fitness and power - two things that he improved out of sight this season. After being forced to qualify for an early tournament in Chennai and at Melbourne Park, Charles really hit the jackpot with an unseeded appearance in the final of the Monte Carlo Masters. He made one more final in Bangkok (which he lost) and struggled in Grand Slams, but his End of Year ranking gives him a great launchpad into Season II.

Other Winners:
    Jefferson Drake (NR-11); Javier Villaneuva (349-55); Ion Andueza (253-40); Jason Bradley (182-35); Li Wang (89-32); Dwayne Murdoch (32-10).

Losers

Johan Ortiz
    WR:
    21; ER: 102
    A supremely frustrating season for Ortiz started with a first round exit at Melbourne Park and spiralled from there. A supremely talented player, the only question marks we had over him came over his work ethic and ability to play outside of South America. Both of those came to the fore as he fell as low as No. 145 in the world back in July. Some good Challenger results brought him back inside the top 100, but he fell out again with a season-ending injury.

Danijel Micic
    WR: 3; ER: 23
    No. 23 doesn't seem like such a bad finish, but for a man of Micic's ability it is sorely disappointing. The most outspoken man on the tour had a season to forget; claiming two titles but largely struggling in the big fields. He peaked with a final in Shanghai and showed glimpses of his undoubted potential, but will look for a bigger start to season II to push to where he rightfully belongs. His Davis Cup performances were testament to his ability.

Václav Zeman
    WR:
    24; ER: 110
    We called him a steady player with a booming serve, but he didn't fulfil the first part of the equation and the second part was at times brilliant but mostly awful. Zeman did not make it to the quarter finals of any ATP tournament, and was instead forced to rely on Challenger results to remain relevant. Finishing his year off with a second round exit in Lyon after being forced to qualify represents what a poor season he had.

Other Losers:
    Bogdan Maurer (35-99); Fok Zhenyu (41-98); Li Ming-Wang (28-74); Carlos Machado (26-104); Maarten Berg (19-56); Hau Li-an (60-189).

And that ladies and gents is season I basically done. There's still a UAE exhibition and wildcard playoffs to do, but that'll be done as a kickoff for season II. If there's any of your stats you want to know, just ask and I'll have a look.

I would really like a subforum just so I can split this up more and to make signing up for tournaments easier to track, but if I'm not allowed to do that I'll just make a second thread in this forum.
    Last edited by SirBloody Idiot; 14-12-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Super stuff SBi, well run etc etc. Looking forward to season 2
    Parmi

Great work through the season SBI, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to Season 2
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Sub forum would be tops about now. Would certainly get the interest from some other members up too.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Excellent work, SBI. Definitely needs its own sub-forum (as I may have already said a couple of times )

It will be a necessity if I'm going to be helping out in Season 2.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Fantastic effort SBI. Was definitely a well run and organised sim, that kept interest going. Will be looking to get my ranking into the low 20s for singles next season and obviously push for more titles in the double with Davis. Early season form will depend on whether I concentrate more on singles or doubles.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

All Time Legend Paid The Umpire's Avatar
    Amazing detail. Great job on Season 1.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Awesome work SBI.

Amazed at your efforts.

School Boy/Girl Captain Number 11's Avatar
    Yeah great job, and am looking forward to starting my career next season.

Stoked at making the finals there.

No shame in losing to Drake.

Happy with the ranking of 116.

Happy just to get a win in that tournament, as well as play some of the big names for a change...

Agree with the sentiments of everyone else, Super work SBI... +1 for the sub forum

Thread Information