• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another great game. A couple of assists and a win. Pretty pleased with our form this season. Still hate the team name.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Table before Round 5
Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Island_Swell              4    4   0   0     8    2    6    12
2    Northside_Power           4    3   1   0     8    4    4    10
3    Southern_Dynamo           4    2   0   2     6    5    1     6
4    Central_United            4    1   0   3     6    9   -3     3
5    Nixontown_Nomads          4    0   2   2     2    7   -5     2
6    East_Coast_Fury           4    0   1   3     0    3   -3     1
Round 5
East Coast Fury - Central United
Island Swell - Northside Power
Southern Dynamo - Nixontown Nomads.

Round 5 marks the quarter stage of the season. There is still a long way to go but certain patterns are emerging. Swell have been lucky with injuries and suspensions and are on a hot streak, Power are playing very well and suprisingly the pre-season faourites (Dynamo and United) are out side the top 2. The Nomads are struggling, as predicted, and the defending Champs cannot find the back of the net.

Round 5 saw 3 very tight games and the Fury eventually score.

Table, team of the week, suspensions and other stats updated to after Round 5 available here

Next games over the Weekend are CW vs Jamaica and the first of the Charity series, Team Pele vs Team Moore

Attachments

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting set of results.

Good to see Swell keep top position but Camps will be doubly missed for the next game due to his fantastic performaces so far and the lack of mid depth at the Swell.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting set of results.

Good to see Swell keep top position but Camps will be doubly missed for the next game due to his fantastic performaces so far and the lack of mid depth at the Swell.
Definitely wasn't a dive the first time around. My knee gave out as it traditionally does when I'm in a good freekick position. And the alleged punch was just me nudging Reddlapalli. That ref must be Italian.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We played a team who are far and away the worst in the comp.
Well you chose to play counter-attacking football against a team that doesnt particularly attack very well.

With over 60% possession and so few shots it looks like your guys passed the ball around and waited for them to commit men forward, which they never did.

Talking as a player (taking CW FA hat off), if they are as bad as you say, why counter attack? Why not go after them and try to take them to pieces? Fair questions? :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
We played CA football, so I can get my key tackles up btw. It worked cus I'm so gun. Can't believe I didn't get MOTM. All Kev and Thamba get was score a pen each. Got ripped off hardcore.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Gah, Fury. We really need to pick this up. Turn these draws into wins. We're really lacking a finisher up front, creating the chances but not putting them away.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well you chose to play counter-attacking football against a team that doesnt particularly attack very well.

With over 60% possession and so few shots it looks like your guys passed the ball around and waited for them to commit men forward, which they never did.

Talking as a player (taking CW FA hat off), if they are as bad as you say, why counter attack? Why not go after them and try to take them to pieces? Fair questions? :p
I expected him to play attacking because of his lack of goals. You know as well as I do that TSM relies 95% on what team picks which tactic, we're not using FM here.

cometer

State Regular
I question why I had to bring down the Swell striker to give away the penalty. Given that, was probably lucky it was only a yellow card but I'm disappointed I let the team down with that after the previous game. We still got a draw though, so I guess that's the positive to look at.