• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

cometer

State Regular
Still not happy with our performances, but a win is a win. If Comley doesn't score next game, i'm seriously going to drop him.
Putting me at 11 isn't going to help though, actually makes things worse from my experiences, but it gets annoying I can't score though.

Might as well demonstrate that from all the pre-season and current matches this season, only 8 goals have been scored from 22 matches by players at 11, and the most is 1 in a game. Might also add 2 of those were scored from the penalty spot, whilst another 2 have been due to tactical advantages. Anyways point is 11 is pretty useless for a scoring position but others feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tried to send an email but am getting failed messages coming back to me - something wrong with the email, mate?
Others have been saying the same but everything is getting recieved.

I have an email from you titled "Round 4"

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Harsh on luffy in the commentary. Nice performance by everyone really, comfortable win.
Yeah, he did a good job. It was certainly overly tough on him especially as he got on the scoresheet.

Was a great result. Good for the team to get a bagful of goals and for me to be able to be rested. Shows we have an allround talented side. I might even reassess my pre-season comments about the midfield :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Putting me at 11 isn't going to help though, actually makes things worse from my experiences, but it gets annoying I can't score though.

Might as well demonstrate that from all the pre-season and current matches this season, only 8 goals have been scored from 22 matches by players at 11, and the most is 1 in a game. Might also add 2 of those were scored from the penalty spot, whilst another 2 have been due to tactical advantages. Anyways point is 11 is pretty useless for a scoring position but others feel free to disagree.
Everyone seems to be useless at 11, really. Manju had a shocker there for the whole of last season. Palour did nothing there in trials. Griffen inactive and hasn't done much, so I will give him the slot next game. His going to play AM and occassionaly AM play better at 11.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant

Wouldn't worry too much mate, I'm sure you will come good.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Comley will score i reckon, giving my fellow team mate some support here. If i do the team you are in mate without doubt :p.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win dynamo. i tell ya what i am sick of hitting the post every game...i may convert one in the near future.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
CW Premiership table after Round 3
Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Island_Swell              3    3   0   0     5    0    5     9
2    Northside_Power           3    2   1   0     4    2    2     7
3    Southern_Dynamo           3    2   0   1     4    1    3     6
4    Central_United            3    1   0   2     4    6   -2     3
5    Nixontown_Nomads          3    0   1   2     2    7   -5     1
6    East_Coast_Fury           3    0   0   3     0    3   -3     0
Round 4 Fixtures
Central United - Island Swell
Nixontown Nomads - East Coast Fury
Northside Power - Southern Dynamo

Nothing much has changed since before round 3. The Swell have won all their games and had not conceeded and Fury have lost theirs and have not scored.

However, it is closer than it looks and a couple of results could shake up the table and make it a 6 way fight for the title.

2 Teams will be happy with the results and one will be frustrated but can maybe see the brightside.

Injuries
Code:
JP_Ancheri (sdy) is injured for 0 weeks after shaking off a minor injury
Suspensions
Code:
G_Sriram (cen) is coming back from suspension
Daniel_Rai (sdy) is coming back from suspension
Travis_Demeza (nor) is coming back from suspension
Dave_Kearsley (eas) is coming back from suspension
David_Pares (eas) is coming back from suspension
Campira (nix) is suspended for 1 game
Phil_Mulryne (nix) is suspended for 1 game
E_McNamara (eas) is suspended for 1 game
Full stats will be in the stats thread in the morning.

Attachments

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Been waiting for that for two seasons, well done Dave. Greatest hat-trick ever in Power history.
Good game from David there to shut out any talks of getting dropped. 3 goals in one game is simply superb.On a personal note i am quite happy with the goal, pleased to see that i can finally score goals after two seasons. Well done power.