• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win southern dynamo, solid performance. happy with my own performance just can not put one away! happy to be giving the guys up front plenty of opportunity!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only 2 goals, but 2 wins for Island Swell to start off. Looking in good shape. My performance has been a mixed bag, but generally pleased. And for the record, I was spitting in the general direction of Speirs. Not actually at him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Allowed our opposition too many chances on goal, and unfortunately my keeping was fairly average too. Chin up boys, we'll keep improving.

Mitchell - dire.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Round 3
East Coast Fury - Southern Dynamo
Island Swell - Nixontown Nomads
Northside Power - Central United

Round 3 had many mini storylines that were part of the bigger overall picture.

Would Fury find the net for the first time this season?
Could Nomads perform without Paul Okon, their star player and captain?
Would Swell regret resting Gough and take the Nomads too lightly?
Could United spring back from their unexpected heavy defeat in Round 2?
Could Dynamo continue the form that had them tagged as pre-season favourites?
Could the Power unleash the potential they appear to have but have struggled to release?

Injured Su was included by EAS. Replaced by David_Pares
Suspended Pitt was included by ISL. Replaced by A_Solomatin

Attachments

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Week 3. Team of the week, stats and league table available here.

Injuries and suspensions below

Code:
Matt_Pitt (isl) is coming back from suspension
Mat_Mitchell (cen) is coming back from suspension
Daniel_Towns (sdy) is coming back from suspension
Xavier_Rose (nor) is coming back from suspension
Paul_Okon (nix) is coming back from suspension
Dave_Kearsley (eas) is suspended for 1 game
David_Pares (eas) is suspended for 1 game
Daniel_Rai (sdy) is suspended for 1 game
Travis_Demeza (nor) is suspended for 1 game
G_Sriram (cen) is suspended for 1 game
Code:
Kexing_Su (eas) is coming back from injury
G_Signori (nix) is coming back from injury

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing hell, that's just ridiculous, 18 shots on goal and we couldn't ****ing convert 1. Mind you, we weren't helped by the sending off of 2 players...

Back to the drawing board.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
****ing hell, that's just ridiculous, 18 shots on goal and we couldn't ****ing convert 1. Mind you, we weren't helped by the sending off of 2 players...

Back to the drawing board.
Must be frustrating but not much went wrong tactically in the last game and its not like Fury are getting hammered.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Still not happy with our performances, but a win is a win. If Comley doesn't score next game, i'm seriously going to drop him.

Majin

International Debutant
Hahahaha typical. finally have a decent game defensively and get sent off in the 89th minute. Terrible behaviour, blame Gelman for starting a spitting war last game tbh.

Loony BoB

International Captain
A bit snatch and grab, but I'll take that. Absolutely incredible display by Wright, and I have to say it's no surprise he's the #1 for the national side and this will only further cement that position for him. Very proud to have him in goal for us.

Looks like I'll simply be slotting into Dan's position... 1 game together this season in three games. Oops?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Tried to send an email but am getting failed messages coming back to me - something wrong with the email, mate?