• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premiership Season 2 Results and Discussion

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Round 18

Round 18
Central United - Northside Power
Nixontown Nomads - Island Swell
Southern Dynamo - East Coast Fury

After Round 17
Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Northside_Power          17   11   5   1    41   15   26    38
2    Island_Swell             17   10   6   1    30   21    9    36
3    Central_United           17    7   4   6    34   30    4    25
4    Southern_Dynamo          17    3   6   8    17   21   -4    15
5    East_Coast_Fury          17    3   4  10    10   21  -11    13
6    Nixontown_Nomads         17    2   5  10    11   35  -24    11

Round 17 turned the CW Premiership on its head. What appeared to be a procession for Power was disturbed by the most unlikely of sources. Season-long disappointments, Nomads, pulled of an unlikely result and handed the leaders their first defeat of the season.

At this point of the season all games are important but in Round 18 the whole momentum of the season could shift.

Power travel to United in what will not be an easy game.
Swell travel to, newly confident, Nomads. A win here keeps Swell in the title hunt or a win for Nomads gives them a chance of leapfrogging Fury at the bottom of the table.
Dynamo and Fury are both looking to finish the season strong and avoid the wooden spoon.

2 teams not submitted

League table, Team of the Week, injuries and suspensions as well as other stats found here

Attachments

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Min. 14 :(eas) Chris_Dwyer lobs it over Duncan_Warson 
          ...  Chris_Dwyer with a powerful header ! 
          ...  But he somehow misses 
[B]          ...  The Southern Dynamo fans laugh at him[/B]
Destroyed my morale for the entire match :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thrilled with that result. Looking to be a fantastic finish to the season, this.

Personally, I played a reasonable game, though nothing call-up worthy.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Good lord. Totally forgot about this.

Extremely sorry guys, I take full responsibility for the dropped points.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A draw despite two ridiculous sendings off and an injury to the Heathster. Shows how poor the opposition were really.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
A draw despite two ridiculous sendings off and an injury to the Heathster. Shows how poor the opposition were really.
:laugh:

Looks like it will come down to last game now. Amazing seasons for both Swell or Power regardless how things end up. Might be time to push the OFC for two sides in Club Championship.

cometer

State Regular
Mixed emotions here, scored a goal and got sent off in the same match. Least it's only a 1 game suspension but I would have preferred not being suspended.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Goughy, has this gone dead or is it still going to continue? I just fail to see the lack of activity like we had back a month ago.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Apologies for the massive delay. My internet access is almost exclusively at work now and I dont have the CW Prem files at work.

Rosters will be updated and posted tonight. Teamsheets in as soon as possible after that.

2 Rounds left

After Round 18
Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Northside_Power          18   11   6   1    42   16   26    39
2    Island_Swell             18   11   6   1    32   21   11    39
3    Central_United           18    7   5   6    35   31    4    26
4    Southern_Dynamo          18    4   6   8    18   21   -3    18
5    East_Coast_Fury          18    3   4  11    10   22  -12    13
6    Nixontown_Nomads         18    2   5  11    11   37  -26    11
Round 20 (the final round) sees Swell play Power. Whatever happens in Round 19, that game will decide the title.