• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Internationals Discussions and Results

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
About 150-180 now, considering we were 200 odd only two games ago. Most teams that are 180 and below don't play matches outside quailfers so we would have jumped then atleast, as they usually lose those quailfers as well.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
About 150-180 now, considering we were 200 odd only two games ago. Most teams that are 180 and below don't play matches outside quailfers so we would have jumped then atleast, as they usually lose those quailfers as well.
Yeah, I dont think we can be ranked highly yet. Thats why Im looking to get more fixtures.

Hard to be ranked mutch above the bottom when only 2 games played.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Awesome win. :) Stoked to beat NZ that easily (although it could be questioned that we should be that good that fast).

On a personal level: Argh, getting sick of the constant flow of cards, starting to get the impression refs just don't like me. That did not deserve a red! And I honestly don't get how I should lose 50 points for shooting and 30 points for passing just because I got carded for a poor tackle. How does anyone really LOSE talent by getting carded?

Do we have the old system being used at the end of the last season? We'd got through most problems at that point and I thought the point system was alright there.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
daft question: can we have an Under 18 team or is there not anough players???

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This is a very provisional and unofficial rating as CWLand doesnt qualify for FIFA ratings as it hasnt played 5 games in the last 12 months.

The figure is also supposed to be an average of the last 4 years but as we have only had 2 seasons Ive only used an average of 2.

More than 12 months ago- win vs American Samoa
Less than 12 months ago- win vs NZ

Current provisional and unofficial points = 167.

Current provisional and unofficial ranking = 142 out of 208

3 above and below
Code:
139 Vanuatu 	175 
140 Chad 	171 
141 Tajikistan 	168 
[B]142 CW 		167[/B]
143 Barbados 	159 
144 Yemen 	155
145 India 	152
Next fixture- vs Sri Lanka ranked 167

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
CW Squad for game against Sri Lanka on Sat

After the magnificent result against New Zealand the squad remains essentially the same. The only change being an enforced replacement for the suspended Towns.

In a close race, Loganathan of Power was prefered over Dubb-Lynch of United.

Goalkeepers
Kyle Wright (Southern Dynamo)
Shan Jasotharan (Island Swell)
Defenders
Neil Pickup (Island Swell)
Manan Shah (Island Swell)
Tharmi Loganathan (Northside Power)
Xavier Rose (Northside Power)
David Kearsley (East Coast Fury)
Midfielders
Zac Gelman (Central United)
Håkon Mørk (Island Swell)
G Sriram (Central United)
Kexing Su (East Coast Fury)
Greg Thomas (Central United)
Kingsley Clapham (East Coast Fury)
Forwards
Kev Gough (Island Swell)
Daniel Smith (Central United)
Thamba Mamesh (Northside Power)

It is with interest that the press noted that Pre-season tournament winners, Southern Dynamo, only have 1 player represented.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
CW Squad for game against Sri Lanka on Sat

After the magnificent result against New Zealand the squad remains essentially the same. The only change being an enforced replacement for the suspended Towns.

In a close race, Loganathan of Power was prefered over Dubb-Lynch of United.

Goalkeepers
Kyle Wright (Southern Dynamo)
Shan Jasotharan (Island Swell)
Defenders
Neil Pickup (Island Swell)
Manan Shah (Island Swell)
Tharmi Loganathan (Northside Power)
Xavier Rose (Northside Power)
David Kearsley (East Coast Fury)
Midfielders
Zac Gelman (Central United)
Håkon Mørk (Island Swell)
G Sriram (Central United)
Kexing Su (East Coast Fury)
Greg Thomas (Central United)
Kingsley Clapham (East Coast Fury)
Forwards
Kev Gough (Island Swell)
Daniel Smith (Central United)
Thamba Mamesh (Northside Power)

It is with interest that the press noted that Pre-season tournament winners, Southern Dynamo, only have 1 player represented.
Selectors too familiar with the experienced players, I reckon. Think you've all gone Bracewell on us. Still not happy with the decision last game, though... ref could've been less free with his cards.

Still, all the best to the team!

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Surprised to see that Donald wasn't actually selected, but goodluck to the rest who have been selected.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Selectors too familiar with the experienced players, I reckon. Think you've all gone Bracewell on us. Still not happy with the decision last game, though... ref could've been less free with his cards.

Still, all the best to the team!

I dont pick the squad.

Anyway, result to be up within an hour

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After the suprising and momentus victory over near neighbours and regional powerhouse, New Zealand, CW stuck with essentially the same group of players for the game against Sri Lanka. Theoretically it would be a far easier challenge.

Sri Lanka have never been a footballing giant and recent times have seen them fall further than normal to possibly their lowest position in years.

Would CWLand capitalise and take advantage of a historically minor footballing nation that was also going through a period of soccer weakness?

Attachments

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
From the Sri Lanka game

Code:
Daniel_Smith (cwl) is injured for 0 weeks after shaking off a minor injury
T_Loganathan (cwl) is injured for 0 weeks after shaking off a minor injury