• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season Results and Discussion

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The CW Premiership pre-season officially kicked off with Season 1 Champions, East Coast Fury, travelling to Auckland to play Auckand City.

For 3 seasons Auckland City have dominated the New Zealand Football Championship and they are heavy favourites against a Fury team much weakened fom last season.

A capacity crowd arrived at Kiwitea Street, Auckland to see the Webbers battle their local boys. They expected City stars such as South Korean- Lee Ki-Hung, South African- Keryn Jordan and Solomon Islander- Henry Fa'arodo to make easy work of the new look Fury.

Would it be as easy as anticipated?

Attachments

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** yeah. Fantastic effort fellas, great way to kick off our pre-season with a victory over the NZ chumps, I mean, champs :D

Congrats to Sam as well, 2 goals & MOTM on debut, great effort.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed it was a fantastic result. On paper they were slightly stronger and playing at home.

Was a special effort given they didnt have a player sent off and their strong 3 pronged strike force was kept to only 1 shot on target.

Well played Fury, now Unofficial Oceania Club Champions :)

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
haha up yours Auckland no Kiwi's can take my goal-keeping skills on and well played to Sammy 2 goals nice stuff

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After the unexpected glory of the Fury in NZ, it was the turn of the other Teams to enter the pre-season.

The first game was to give CWLand its first look at the newest Premiership team, the Nixontown Nomads.

They were travelling to Central United, home of the strongest midfield in the land.

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You guys need a teamsheet from us don't you. Will sort it out in an hour or so.

EDIT: Power tactics sent, will try and send earlier in the future.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Min. 46 :(cen) Mat_Mitchell kicks Rob_Lee off the ball
... The linesman is flagging
... The referee reaches to his pocket!
... He jots down his name!
... RED CARD!!

Lee must have spelled Mat with 2 T's...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fury returned home and paraded their newly aquired silverware in front of a full house before their first domestic pre-season game.

Their opponents, Northern Power, were looking to make it a double success by getting their pre-season off on the right note and making a statement by defeating the supposed 'best club team in Oceania'

Attachments

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After Matchday 2

Group A

Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    East_Coast_Fury           1    0   1   0     1    1    0     1
2    Northern_Power            1    0   1   0     1    1    0     1
3    Southern_Dynamo           0    0   0   0     0    0    0     0
Code:
E_McNamara (eas) is injured for 1 week with a swollen shoulder

Thamba_Mamesh (nor) is suspended for 1 games
Group B

Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Central_United            1    1   0   0     1    0    1     3
2    Island_Swell              0    0   0   0     0    0    0     0
3    Nixontown_Nomads          1    0   0   1     0    1   -1     0
Code:
Mat_Mitchell (cen) is suspended for 1 games
Carlo_Corazzin (nix) is suspended for 1 games

Zaza_J (nix) is injured for 2 weeks with a hamstring strain

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohhh, close match vs. the Power. We were starved a possession a little, and I guess that isn't the best thing, but through some stout defence & solid keeping from Pinch it was good to be able to keep them to 1 goal. I'm a little annoyed it came via a penalty though. Personally quite pleased I managed to find the back of the net with my 1 and only shot :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
LOL Thamba scoring a penalty, good times. A bit disappointed with that possession not to win the game, but oh well its just pre season and possession is more to do with tactics then anything else.

On a personal note happy with MOM, but how come I only got 10 Tackling points. Its seems midfielders are getting a excessive amount points. I got 20 for one key pass myself. Reckon that needs to be looked at.

Also both keeper had good games apart from letting one goal in each and both lost points. Surely for performances like that Donald should be even and Dunn should have got a few points added. I haven't looked at the other matches, but did notice midfielder getting an excessive amount of points in trail matches.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Unreal, I actually had a good game, haha. Thamba also finally scored a penalty, there's a first time for everything apparently ;)