Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Suspensions?

Suggestions for Suspensions?

Ok guys,

As it stands now every 10 Diciplinary points is worth a 1 game suspension..

With a couple of players now up upon 3 game suspensions we need to look at a option for how we work the suspensions..

If anyone has any suggestions on ways we could implement the suspensions so that some players aren't getting 5 & 6 week suspensions i would like to hear them...

I have 1 idea which could be looked at...

All yellow cards are worth 2 points and when you calculate 10 you get an auto 1 game suspension.. A Straight Red will see a 1 game suspension also but will also see the player face a panel to determine whether the suspension is increased... The panel would include 1 player from each side so that it is all fair and even..

This will mean that we could put a stop to the increasing suspension levels each time someone is suspended...

Thoughts??

5 yellow cards looks good,
    thats the way it is in most leagues around the world....so it could work...
    that maybe if someone goes on to like 10 yellow cards in the season maybe a two game ban etc.

the panel should be made up of a rep from each team, plus the player to post a plee in a new thread and the panel votes to increase the suspension or leave it. The players would have to be regular posters in order for it to work.
    Leeds United will make it back to the Premier League
    "You tried and you failed miserably. Lesson here is never try"

Quote Originally Posted by Blewy View Post
    Ok guys,

As it stands now every 10 Diciplinary points is worth a 1 game suspension..

With a couple of players now up upon 3 game suspensions we need to look at a option for how we work the suspensions..

If anyone has any suggestions on ways we could implement the suspensions so that some players aren't getting 5 & 6 week suspensions i would like to hear them...

I have 1 idea which could be looked at...

All yellow cards are worth 2 points and when you calculate 10 you get an auto 1 game suspension.. A Straight Red will see a 1 game suspension also but will also see the player face a panel to determine whether the suspension is increased... The panel would include 1 player from each side so that it is all fair and even..

This will mean that we could put a stop to the increasing suspension levels each time someone is suspended...

Thoughts??

The main problem i see with having a Panel, is that there really is nothing barring the sim commentary, and players aggression levels for them to make a decision on, and the question has to be asked, can either of them provide strong enough evidence to base an argument/decision around?

Can suspension points be altered to say 10 points = 1 game, 30 = 2 games, 50 = 3 games? Whilst keeping the Yellow Card = 2 points (may have to be increased) & Red Card = 10 points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

mind you they could also base it on, first time offence, previous yellow cards and other indiscretions throughout the game.

or even....indiscretions in the forum

Off the top of my head,

I would limit the suspensions to 2 games until someone gets a massive number of disciplinary points and then hit them with a 5 gamer.

ie instread of the suspensions going like

1,2,3,4,5 games

it would be

1,2,2,2,5 games

It should
    a) punish with suspensions
    b) still get guys back on the field
    c) Crucify those that constantly get sent off (5 game suspension)

This can easily be done by modifying the data in the .txt files.

TBH, if a number of guys lowered their aggression then the number of people getting multiple game suspensions would decrease.

Also we could have the CW PFA set up "angst" meetings for its members and get guys like Pickup, Borcic and Towns to attend
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Personally i don't think players should get suspended for more then two games. There should be a limit on the suspension so the max number of weeks should be two games. I think 5 yellow cards is fine, its what happens in most leagues. Also i can't re-call many leagues having increased each time a player gets a red. Its usually always a two game suspension, regardless of how many red cards they got that season.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    should just play street rules
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Personally i don't think players should get suspended for more then two games. There should be a limit on the suspension so the max number of weeks should be two games. I think 5 yellow cards is fine, its what happens in most leagues. Also i can't re-call many leagues having increased each time a player gets a red. Its usually always a two game suspension, regardless of how many red cards they got that season.
    So your saying quite simple.

5 Yellow Cards = 1 Match Suspension
    Red Card = 2 Match Suspension

no other amount suspensions?

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar

Don't really like 2 match suspension straight away for red cards, but thats what happens in most leagues. Its better then having guys miss 3 to 5 games, when they have no real control over getting red cards. A lot of guys have dropped their aggression and they still get red cards.

Maybe one match suspension for you first red and then two after that, due to the fact we have no control over stopping players getting red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Don't really like 2 match suspension straight away for red cards, but thats what happens in most leagues. Its better then having guys miss 3 to 5 games, when they have no real control over getting red cards. A lot of guys have dropped their aggression and they still get red cards.

Maybe one match suspension for you first red and then two after that, due to the fact we have no control over stopping players getting red cards.
    As for Reds, alot of the guys who have been receiveing reds do still have relatively high aggression levels..

I think that sounds fair though, 1 match suspension for the 1st red, then 2 match suspension for every red thereafter...

As for Reds, alot of the guys who have been receiveing reds do still have relatively high aggression levels..

I think that sounds fair though, 1 match suspension for the 1st red, then 2 match suspension for every red thereafter...
    Sounds good to me.

Sounds good. Maybe 5 yellows = 1 game, and 10 = 1 etc.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Probably the best way of doing it..

Good thinking Tharmi

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!

If something happens like violent conduct in the game then 3-5 games makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information