• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for Suspensions?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys,

As it stands now every 10 Diciplinary points is worth a 1 game suspension..

With a couple of players now up upon 3 game suspensions we need to look at a option for how we work the suspensions..

If anyone has any suggestions on ways we could implement the suspensions so that some players aren't getting 5 & 6 week suspensions i would like to hear them...

I have 1 idea which could be looked at...

All yellow cards are worth 2 points and when you calculate 10 you get an auto 1 game suspension.. A Straight Red will see a 1 game suspension also but will also see the player face a panel to determine whether the suspension is increased... The panel would include 1 player from each side so that it is all fair and even..

This will mean that we could put a stop to the increasing suspension levels each time someone is suspended...

Thoughts??

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
5 yellow cards looks good,
thats the way it is in most leagues around the world....so it could work...
that maybe if someone goes on to like 10 yellow cards in the season maybe a two game ban etc.

the panel should be made up of a rep from each team, plus the player to post a plee in a new thread and the panel votes to increase the suspension or leave it. The players would have to be regular posters in order for it to work.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok guys,

As it stands now every 10 Diciplinary points is worth a 1 game suspension..

With a couple of players now up upon 3 game suspensions we need to look at a option for how we work the suspensions..

If anyone has any suggestions on ways we could implement the suspensions so that some players aren't getting 5 & 6 week suspensions i would like to hear them...

I have 1 idea which could be looked at...

All yellow cards are worth 2 points and when you calculate 10 you get an auto 1 game suspension.. A Straight Red will see a 1 game suspension also but will also see the player face a panel to determine whether the suspension is increased... The panel would include 1 player from each side so that it is all fair and even..

This will mean that we could put a stop to the increasing suspension levels each time someone is suspended...

Thoughts??

The main problem i see with having a Panel, is that there really is nothing barring the sim commentary, and players aggression levels for them to make a decision on, and the question has to be asked, can either of them provide strong enough evidence to base an argument/decision around?

Can suspension points be altered to say 10 points = 1 game, 30 = 2 games, 50 = 3 games? Whilst keeping the Yellow Card = 2 points (may have to be increased) & Red Card = 10 points

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
mind you they could also base it on, first time offence, previous yellow cards and other indiscretions throughout the game.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Off the top of my head,

I would limit the suspensions to 2 games until someone gets a massive number of disciplinary points and then hit them with a 5 gamer.

ie instread of the suspensions going like

1,2,3,4,5 games

it would be

1,2,2,2,5 games

It should
a) punish with suspensions
b) still get guys back on the field
c) Crucify those that constantly get sent off (5 game suspension)

This can easily be done by modifying the data in the .txt files.

TBH, if a number of guys lowered their aggression then the number of people getting multiple game suspensions would decrease.

Also we could have the CW PFA set up "angst" meetings for its members and get guys like Pickup, Borcic and Towns to attend :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Personally i don't think players should get suspended for more then two games. There should be a limit on the suspension so the max number of weeks should be two games. I think 5 yellow cards is fine, its what happens in most leagues. Also i can't re-call many leagues having increased each time a player gets a red. Its usually always a two game suspension, regardless of how many red cards they got that season.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally i don't think players should get suspended for more then two games. There should be a limit on the suspension so the max number of weeks should be two games. I think 5 yellow cards is fine, its what happens in most leagues. Also i can't re-call many leagues having increased each time a player gets a red. Its usually always a two game suspension, regardless of how many red cards they got that season.
So your saying quite simple.

5 Yellow Cards = 1 Match Suspension
Red Card = 2 Match Suspension

no other amount suspensions?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Don't really like 2 match suspension straight away for red cards, but thats what happens in most leagues. Its better then having guys miss 3 to 5 games, when they have no real control over getting red cards. A lot of guys have dropped their aggression and they still get red cards.

Maybe one match suspension for you first red and then two after that, due to the fact we have no control over stopping players getting red cards.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really like 2 match suspension straight away for red cards, but thats what happens in most leagues. Its better then having guys miss 3 to 5 games, when they have no real control over getting red cards. A lot of guys have dropped their aggression and they still get red cards.

Maybe one match suspension for you first red and then two after that, due to the fact we have no control over stopping players getting red cards.
As for Reds, alot of the guys who have been receiveing reds do still have relatively high aggression levels..

I think that sounds fair though, 1 match suspension for the 1st red, then 2 match suspension for every red thereafter...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As for Reds, alot of the guys who have been receiveing reds do still have relatively high aggression levels..

I think that sounds fair though, 1 match suspension for the 1st red, then 2 match suspension for every red thereafter...
Sounds good to me.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member

Sounds good. Maybe 5 yellows = 1 game, and 10 = 1 etc.

Johnners

Probably the best way of doing it..

Good thinking Tharmi :)

Matteh

If something happens like violent conduct in the game then 3-5 games makes more sense.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I've edited the game stats to reflect the suspensions... As it now stands Towns will be out for 2 weeks instead of the original 3...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I've edited the game stats to reflect the suspensions... As it now stands Towns will be out for 2 weeks instead of the original 3...
and Pickup has had his stats changed to reflect that the 2nd game of his suspension was served as the Int. game and is now available?