• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn: Team Captains

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys,

With the games being in consecutive days i understand it will be tough getting teamsheets in...

I will be relaxed on the submission of sheets due to time zone differences...

Some guys have said that if they have wins they will play the same team which is fine, just drop me a quick email after each match just to confirm that you want to stick with the same side..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys,

What would be your preference for submitting orders??

Do you prefer to continue doing it via email or would you prefer me to set up a thread that orders can be posted in??

Im fine either way, whatever the majority feels is better we will go with...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A thread would be easier. However, there is a potentially big advantage of seeing your opponents in tactics in advance and adjusting your side to benefit from that knowledge.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Not really. We've not got big squads, so player changes are unlikely, and changes in the game will only work in certain situations.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Certain tactics (Att, Nor, Def, Euro, Long etc) have advantages when facing off against each other.

If you see an opponent has posted a team that will play with the attacking tactic (for example), you can then choose the tactic that gives you advantages. Its all in the match ups.

There is a big benefit to posting the team late after seeing what the opponent is doing.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
like scissors paper rock
Not quite so cut and dried but yes.

ESMS+ Guide said:
The tactics table is below, and it also shows what formations it gains bonuses against when the opposition selects it...

Tactic Bonuses against

N - Normal European and Attacking
P - Passing Long Ball and Normal
C - Counter Attack Passing and Attacking
L - Long Ball Counter Attack and Normal
A - Attacking Defensive and European
D - Defensive Long Ball and Passing
E - European Counter Attack and Defensive
http://uwfsa.tripod.com/ts_help1.htm

It had been suggested that all read the guide but it looks like not even all the captains/managers did :p

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the updated teamsheets or whatever they're called should be in a thread, but teams should be by email.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Emails, but maybe we should have day between each day for the proper season, so you have time to discuss the team with management team. It might get annoying for players to play every 2nd day, but until everyone is used to the tactics and stuff, its easier that way.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Emails, but maybe we should have day between each day for the proper season, so you have time to discuss the team with management team. It might get annoying for players to play every 2nd day, but until everyone is used to the tactics and stuff, its easier that way.
Should have 2 games on one day and the other 2 games the next day. That way players are playing every second day, but there is a game every day.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Should have 2 games on one day and the other 2 games the next day. That way players are playing every second day, but there is a game every day.
There only six teams, so there only 3 games per round?

Cloete

International Captain
superkingdave said:
like scissors paper rock
Porto just couldn't cut a break with any of them :p

Goguhy said:
Certain tactics (Att, Nor, Def, Euro, Long etc) have advantages when facing off against each other.

If you see an opponent has posted a team that will play with the attacking tactic (for example), you can then choose the tactic that gives you advantages. Its all in the match ups.

There is a big benefit to posting the team late after seeing what the opponent is doing.
Totally right though. The advantages are fairly big but in saying that playing a tactic that suits the team will always be hard to beat. It's a good system IMO.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys, i will give it a few days and wait to post up all the latest team data that way i can edit all the aggression levels...