• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Football Pre-season Cup Discussion and Results

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Use this Thread to discuss issues and results relating to the CW Pre-Season tournament...

Opening Results coming soon...

CWFA today have released the fixture Schedule for the Innaugural CW Football Pre-Season Cup...

Group A Fixtures

Oct 30 - Central United - East Coast Fury

Oct 31 - Southern Stallions - Central United

Nov 1 - East Coast Fury - Southern Stallions

Nov 2 - East Coast Fury - Central United

Nov 3 - Central United - Southern Stallions

Nov 4 - Southern Stallions - East Coast Fury

Group B Fixtures

Oct 30 - Western Dynamo - Northside Power

Oct 31 - Island Swell - Western Dynamo

Nov 1 - Northside Power - Island Swell

Nov 2 - Northside Power - Western Dynamo

Nov 3 - Western Dynamo - Island Swell

Nov 4 - Island Swell - Northside Power

The winner of each group will playoff for 1st and 2nd, Runner up in each group will play off for 3rd and 4th, whilst the last place team in each group will playoff for 5th and 6th...

The Pre-Season Cup is scheduled to start Monday October 30...

Nov 5 - 5th vs 6th
Nov 6 - 3rd vs 4th
Nov 7 - 1st vs 2nd

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How soon? Its 3am here and Im thinking of going to bed but am thinking of waiting a short while :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Goughy said:
How soon? Its 3am here and Im thinking of going to bed but am thinking of waiting a short while :)
Opening Game (Dynamo vs Power) will be up very soon...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Western Dynamo vs Northern Power
at the Pickford Park

After weeks of anticipation CWLand finally got its first taste of professional football, with Western Dynamo and Northern Power kicking off the inauguaral Pre-Season Competition.
Pickford Park was the venue and with a capacity crowd in attendance fans were treated to some great football.

The Dynamo led by Jamee Gray started with a 3-1-3-1-2 formation, whilst the Tharmi Loganathan led Power began in a 3-1-2-2-2 formation.

The Dynamo began aggressively and in the opening minutes went one up after a well directed header from Rob Malone. The goal a result of constant early pressure by the Dynamo..

It could have alomost been 2-0 when Dynamo import Angelo Angopolous put one just over the bar on 7 minutes.

Dynamo were dominating Power all over the park until a nasty tackle from Dynamo skipper Gray seen him given a yellow. From the resulting free kick Power constructed a good play which resulted in Thamba Mamesh leveling it up after Dynamo Keeper Andy Cameron could only parry the original shot. All of a sudden after countless Dynamo Pressue it was locked at 1-1 again.

The game to and fro'd with neither team able to take full control of the game until the 34th minute when Sean Bennet was on the end of a nice one-two and nailed it low and into the goal to give the Dynamo a 2-1 lead and the control going into the break.

After the Break both teams tried hard but no side was able to take full control. and despite a few tough challenges the game went no further..

Final Score
Western Dynamo 2 - 1 Northern Power
Rob_Malone (5) Thamba_Mamesh (15)
Sean_Bennett (34)

Rob_Malone (Western Dynamo) (man of the match)
HT: 2-1

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Central United vs East Coast Fury
at the Twybridge Road

Game two on the opening Day of the CW Pre-Season Tournament saw the Daniel Smith led Central United host Brendon Goff's East Coast Fury at Twybridge Road.
United started with a 5-2-1-2 formation, whilst the Fury began in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

The game started very slowly with both sides content on sitting back and seeing what the opposition offered.
However the 29th minute mark seen the face of the game change completely when a brain snap by United defender Stephen Burke seen him kick Hitsoshi Okada. With no other option Burke was shown the Red Card by French referee Alain Sars.

United were effected by the dismissal as in the next 5 minutes 2 more yellows were dished out as the Fury began to push forward and take advantage of their extra man.

However it was United who struck. With only seconds on the clock before half-time Greg Thomas stood Ryan Dunn up and with a super shot gave his side the advantage going into the break.

After the break, the Fury came out looking for an equaliser and had a couple of early opportunites but couldnt put the ball in the back of the net.

Things went from bad to worse for United as Darren Dubb-Lynch was shown a second yellow for a poor challenge on Chris Dwyer and all of a sudden United were down to 9 men.

It took East Coast only 9 minutes to take advantage of the extra men. Nathan Hoy put a beautiful ball through for Kingsley Clapham who drove home the equaliser..

The Fury weren't going to settle for a point though as they began to attack and dominate Central. United however werent giving up as they defended like crazy.

Centrals efforts were to go un-rewarded though when Simon Fitzsimmons set up David Kearsley for a 90th minute winner to give the Fury maximum points.

Final Score
Central United 1 - 2 East Coast Fury
Stephen_Burke (sent off 29) King_Clapham (60)
Greg_Thomas (49) Dave_Kearsley (90)
D_Dubb-Lynch (sent off 51)

Nathan_Hoy (East Coast Fury) (man of the match)
HT: 1-0

Attachments

cometer

State Regular
:-O, shock loss there for the power, need improvement there and fortunately its only a pre-season event.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it possible to get a key for the Player Statistics? Most of them are fairly obvious but the last 4 i can't be sure on.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Matteh said:
Is it possible to get a key for the Player Statistics? Most of them are fairly obvious but the last 4 i can't be sure on.
Basically the last 4 are the Orignal Abiltities...

KAb = Keeping Ability
TAb = Tackling Ability
PAb = Passing Ability
SAb = Shooting Ability

Your performances during games see you collect or lose points in these areas.. when you reach 300 or lose 300 you either increase in 1 ability point in that area or you lose 1 in that area...

So for example..

Nathan Hoy picked up 168 PAb points, when he picks up another 132 points his Passing ability will increase from 32 to 33

Hope that answers the question

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
SUSPENSION NOTICE

The CW FA today announce that both Darren Dubb-Lynch and Stephen Burke will be suspended for Central United's Next fixture...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Hrmm, disappointed with the 2-1 loss.

They dominated the possession, though. Personally, thought I had a pretty killer start.
Us Power should do alright.

cometer

State Regular
yep you did , I'd say you've sealed that position already from that performance. Sadly I kept doing stuff that didnt involve scoring, and usually ended in myself being brought down.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mixup from me there in the teamsheet, was supposed to play Mat as a DM but accidently played him as a DF. Oh well.

Well that's an extremely dissapointing start to the Pre-season, especially after going up 1-0 before the break. Now we're two defenders down and have only played one game.

Positives, well Greg looks good and if we'd not lost two men we probably would have won. Gutted at the loss but head up boys, next time.

Johnners

Great Start for the Fury!!!!

Hoy is about the greatest person on earth now IMO thanks to that through ball :D

CARN THE FURY!!!!

Perm

Pretty aggressive game first up, overall I'd say that we would be reasonably pleased with how we played even though we lost we were outnumbered for most of the game. Fury had 6 shots on target and I let two through which was disappointed. Blewy, how come I lost 100 points of my passing ability? Is this pretty standard for a goalkeeper?

Bobisback

International Regular
Blewy said:
Things went from bad to worse for United as Darren Dubb-Lynch was shown a second yellow for a poor challenge on Chris Dwyer and all of a sudden United were down to 9 men.
tbh, i took a dive. Shh.

Dravid

International Captain
Well heres something to make me happy after last nights heartbreak(India Aus match). Good start to the pre season guys. Go Furys!