• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Football Pre-season Cup Discussion and Results

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn dynamo boys we got done. oh well better to get our only loss for the season out of the way early lol.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Group A Fixtures

Nov 1 - East Coast Fury - Southern Stallions

Group B Fixtures

Nov 1 - Northside Power - Island Swell

Get your teams in guys...

I will post the updated team data sheets after these next games...
I'll get my team in as soon as i get to see the commentary from the Island/Dynamo game

David

International 12th Man
Pleased to get my first goal, unfortunately in a losing cause, but we'll be the better team for learning from our mistakes.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
"Feel the Swell"
and
"Where's your Romario Gone?" were 2 chants the local faithfull at Clowich Stadium were heard to sing after Island Swell beat 'The Dynamo' in their 1st professional game. :p

Good win guys. Happy with that start as I have a lot of respect for the Dynamo team.

Im waiting for the report before submitting the new team.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to see so many people being given Yellow and Red cards but I'm sure this will be sorted out before the season proepr starts. Disappointed to let in two goals again, hopefully we can come back strongly and win our next game.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Island Swell vs Western Dynamo
at the Clowich Stadium

Island Swell were the last team to get their season underway when they hosted opening day winners Western Dynamo.
The match pitted the 2 best attacking sides in CWLand and was expected to be an absolute cracker..

The game started as expected with both sides having plenty of good opportunites to go up but it wasnt until the 30th minute when Myles Hutchinson unleashed a scorcher of a shot that clipped the post and found the back of the net to give the Swell the lead.

The goal seemed to shock the Dynamo as they struggled to contain the Swell and that showed when 5 minutes later Hutchinson bagged a brace as he beat two to give the Swell a crucial 2 nil lead 10 out from the break.

The Swell continued to dominate and Hutchinson was unlucky not to have his hat-trick when a thundering free-kick just went wide.

However in injury time David Kennett showed he has the class as well with a screamer which matched if not bettered Hutchinsons earlier effort. The goal a result of a poor back pass from Swell defender Neil Pickup.

The crowd had got what they paid for at the break with an open 1st half and the home team leading.

After the break the attacking opportunities continued to flow. The finishing however wasnt on target.

After 82 minutes Nico Borcic was given an early shower after a second bookable offence and suddenly hope of a point was alive again for the Dynamo.

A minute later though that hope was almost dashed as a Swell captain Kev Gough slotted home a 3rd for the Swell only for it to be disallowed for a handball.

Time had run out for the Dynamo and the hot shots for the tournament had been beaten by the "team everybody loves"..

FINAL SCORE

Island 2 - 1 Western Dynamo
M_Hutchinson (30,35) David_Kennett (46)
Nico_Borcic (sent off 82)

M_Hutchinson (Island) (man of the match)
HT: 2-1
Updated to include the missing match report..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
SUSPENSIONS FROM GAMEDAY 2

Hans Anderson (Central United)
Kyle Wright (Southern Stallions)
Ben Jones (Southern Stallions)
Nico Borcic(Island Swell)

Stephen Burke and Darren Dubb-Lynch have now served their suspension and are free to play in Central United's next fixture..

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
Stephen Burke and Darren Dubb-Lynch have now served their suspension and are free to play in Central United's next fixture..
Yay! Clean sheet next match.