• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Football Pre-season Cup Discussion and Results

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm predicting that one of the results today will be a massive blowout after two relatively close games in the first round. I just hope it's not against the Stallions...*fingers crossed*

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Southern Stallions vs Central United
at the Edfield Stadium

Gameday Two kicked off with a match between the Southern Stallions and the suspension depleted Central United..

Missing both Stephen Burke and Darren Dubb-Lynch hurt United as they had to field a below strength defensive line against the unknown Stallions.

The Stallions got a dream start when Zac Ritchie made a crucial tackle on Crampton but Herbert Fandel awarded a dubious penalty.
Madondo stepped up to take the kick but sent it wide and justice was served.

Things then got worse for United 27 minutes in when midfielder Hans Anderson was marched after a 2nd bookable offence..

However things were to take another drastic change when on 33 minutes Matt Currie broke through on goal, and was cut down in the area by Stallions Captain and Keeper Kyle Wright. Referee Herbert Fandel had no hesitation in sending Wright off and awarding the penalty.
United Captain Daniel Smith comfortably slotted home the spot kick to take his side 1 up..

After the break the aggression levels did not let up as both sides went in to challenges as though the season was riding on the result.
In the 64th minute Dinu De-Silva was cut down by an accidental Ritchie challenge and another spot kick was awarded, Ritchie however remained on the pitch.
Reuben Verghese slotted the penalty away and locked the scores up.

Two minutes later the game was turned on its head as De-Silva put the Stallions in front wth a neat tap in.

But if the Stallions thought they were on top, they were soon put back on the floor when a poor challenge from Ben Jones seen him get shown a second yellow and suddenly it was 9 vs 10..

United had a late chance to level things up but a great save from stand in keeper Richard Hingston denied the chance and the Stallions hung on to get the points and keep United without a win..

FINAL SCORE
Southern Stallions 2 - 1 Central United
Madondo (missed pen 15) Hans_Anderson (sent off 27)
Kyle_Wright (sent off 33) Daniel_Smith (33 pen)
Reub_Verghese (64 pen)
Dinu_De_Silva (66)
Ben_Jones (sent off 73)

Reub_Verghese (Southern Stallions) (man of the match)
HT: 0-1

Attachments

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
Too many players getting sent off. I think something needs to be done to curb this.
It all depends on the players' agression levels and the agression levels set by the captains. I doubt very much if it has anything to do with the simmers or sim.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
It all depends on the players' agression levels and the agression levels set by the captains. I doubt very much if it has anything to do with the simmers or sim.
I know, but in general people might have set their aggression too high when they signed up. They had no idea really about what the stats meant exactly and in hindsight I think this is showing the people set their aggressions too high in the beginning as they didn't know about the exact effect it would have in the sim.

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
I know, but in general people might have set their aggression too high when they signed up. They had no idea really about what the stats meant exactly and in hindsight I think this is showing the people set their aggressions too high in the beginning as they didn't know about the exact effect it would have in the sim.
Not much that can be done about it now.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Island Swell vs Western Dynamo
at the Clowich Stadium

Island Swell were the last team to get their season underway when they hosted opening day winners Western Dynamo.
The match pitted the 2 best attacking sides in CWLand and was expected to be an absolute cracker..

The game started as expected with both sides having plenty of good opportunites to go up but it wasnt until the 30th minute when Myles Hutchinson unleashed a scorcher of a shot that clipped the post and found the back of the net to give the Swell the lead.

The goal seemed to shock the Dynamo as they struggled to contain the Swell and that showed when 5 minutes later Hutchinson bagged a brace as he beat two to give the Swell a crucial 2 nil lead 10 out from the break.

The Swell continued to dominate and Hutchinson was unlucky not to have his hat-trick when a thundering free-kick just went wide.

However in injury time David Kennett showed he has the class as well with a screamer which matched if not bettered Hutchinsons earlier effort. The goal a result of a poor back pass from Swell defender Neil Pickup.

The crowd had got what they paid for at the break with an open 1st half and the home team leading.

After the break the attacking opportunities continued to flow. The finishing however wasnt on target.

After 82 minutes Nico Borcic was given an early shower after a second bookable offence and suddenly hope of a point was alive again for the Dynamo.

A minute later though that hope was almost dashed as a Swell captain Kev Gough slotted home a 3rd for the Swell only for it to be disallowed for a handball.

Time had run out for the Dynamo and the hot shots for the tournament had been beaten by the "team everybody loves"..

FINAL SCORE

Island 2 - 1 Western Dynamo
M_Hutchinson (30,35) David_Kennett (46)
Nico_Borcic (sent off 82)

M_Hutchinson (Island) (man of the match)
HT: 2-1

Attachments

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
I am looking into this as the pre-season tournament goes on and will make a decision before the season proper kicks off...

If i decide to change the levels i will scale all levels equally rather then get people to choose their aggression again...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A Fixtures

Nov 1 - East Coast Fury - Southern Stallions

Group B Fixtures

Nov 1 - Northside Power - Island Swell

Get your teams in guys...

I will post the updated team data sheets after these next games...

Loony BoB

International Captain
I had aggression set at 92 knowing full well that would mean I'll get carded a lot, but will be a good defender while I'm actually there. :p It's the price you pay for going in for a lot of tackles etc.

I get the feeling you probably shouldn't set your aggression too high if your tackling is poor.

Mister Wright

dontcloseyoureyes said:
Holy god dammit. Three red carded players in two games. (Wright my agression is at 11 so it's not team agression)
Mine was set at 10. Perhaps with players agression so high we may need to have our team aggression even lower.